Page 164 of 266 < 1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 265 266 >
Topic Options
#1386420 - 07/09/2016 21:37 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Mega Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
Originally Posted By: ColdFront
Every IT expert on earth says Labor's version made a lot more sense and most of them reckon it was worth the cost but the Liberal government and their supporters know better.

Exactly, I don't know what more evidence they need. But once again, like anything they screw up, it's Labor's fault. When are they going to stop using that tired excuse, seriously? They've been in government for 3 years for crying out loud.

#1386422 - 07/09/2016 22:04 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Brett Guy Offline

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
Labors version would have been far better. But it would have cost 80billion plus. The old saying is that when you do a budget you work out what you think something will cost. Then you double it and add ten percent. So double Labors costings and add ten percent.Libs version is [censored] atm but is cheaper. Once it gets fixed it's cost will match what labors would have been.

Edited by Brett Guy (07/09/2016 22:05)

#1386423 - 07/09/2016 22:14 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mega]
ColdFront Offline

Loc: Burnett Heads
Originally Posted By: Mega
Every IT expert on earth says Labor's version made a lot more sense and most of them reckon it was worth the cost but the Liberal government and their supporters know better.

Exactly, I don't know what more evidence they need. But once again, like anything they screw up, it's Labor's fault. When are they going to stop using that tired excuse, seriously? They've been in government for 3 years for crying out loud.

They haven't done anything either in that 3 years. Nothing of note anyway. Still flogging that $80 Billion lie and the suckers are lining up to buy into their smoke screen from their own incompetence.

Funny thing is that the plan was always to privatise it once complete. Good luck getting a decent price for a relic of the stone age. Even that dickhead Joyce was on Q & A still spruting the same old crap about how many people in the house could watch a video. Total muppets.

We have from download speeds of 64k reolution to SUHD in a very short time and 100mbps is already close to obsolete and their version cannot even be upgraded. Total clowns. You can tell what a sterling job they've done of brainwashing people though the moment they make a comparison based on cost.

Even if we buy into the BS about the Liberal's claim of cost as the reason for rlling out a dinosaur ,anyone with an ounce of intelligence should be able to see that investing in tech that will last at least 30 years against something that will need replacing in a decade is worth the squeeze.

#1386424 - 07/09/2016 22:19 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bridgewater
\
But they haven't saved money and there is the issue. They have [censored] it up as Mega has already stated. They were critical of labor's $42 Billion cost and their own disaster is now reportedly at $56 Billion and counting, 10 times slower and bottlenecked by a dodgy copper network.

depends which way you look at it.
labor budgeted 42bill but it would of blown out to 80 or 90mil.
libs have budgeted 56bill, and have a more realistic timeline. even if it blows out to 70bil, they are in front money wise.

#1386425 - 07/09/2016 22:23 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Funny thing is that the plan was always to privatise it once complete. Good luck getting a decent price for a relic of the stone age.

telstra will buy it.
as a shareholder, i hope they get a good price for it.

#1386427 - 07/09/2016 22:25 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Eevo]
ColdFront Offline

Originally Posted By: Eevo

libs have budgeted 56bill

Well that is total shyte . They budgeted for $29 Billion. You should probably go and read up some more.

telstra will buy it.

The same Telstra that the Coalition admitted they had to pay $11 Billion to for a degraded copper network? laugh

At least now I am starting to get some idea of the type of individuals that were persuaded to vote for this rabble. I'm selling beach sand of $4,000 an ounce. Get in quick before it all goes.

#1386429 - 07/09/2016 22:29 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mega]
ColdFront Offline

They've been in government for 3 years for crying out loud.

Is that what they are calling it? They been shuffling the chairs on the Titanic for 3 years. Little evidence anywhere of government. In all seriousness, what has Turnbull done this past year?

#1386430 - 07/09/2016 22:44 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

telstra will buy it.

The same Telstra that the Coalition admitted they had to pay $11 Billion to for a degraded copper network? laugh

when i say good price, i mean cheap.

#1386431 - 07/09/2016 23:38 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Brett Guy]
Mega Offline

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
Originally Posted By: Brett Guy
Labors version would have been far better. But it would have cost 80billion plus. The old saying is that when you do a budget you work out what you think something will cost. Then you double it and add ten percent. So double Labors costings and add ten percent.Libs version is [censored] atm but is cheaper. Once it gets fixed it's cost will match what labors would have been.

The cost of Turnbull's rubbish broadband has costed nearly double as much money as what they said it would. Then you add to that the cost of maintaining a [censored] copper network in the longer term. I have absolutely no doubt that in years to come, people will look back on this and realize how much of a STUPID decision it was to continue with COPPER in the year 2016 instead of Fiber. We are in the technology age, this is completely nuts.

#1386438 - 08/09/2016 06:42 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mega]
Brett Guy Offline

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns

The cost of Turnbull's rubbish broadband has costed nearly double as much money as what they said it would. Then you add to that the cost of maintaining a [censored] copper network in the longer term. I have absolutely no doubt that in years to come, people will look back on this and realize how much of a STUPID decision it was to continue with COPPER in the year 2016 instead of Fiber. We are in the technology age, this is completely nuts.

I agree. Actually that is pretty much what i was alluding to in my post.

#1386439 - 08/09/2016 06:52 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Eevo]
ColdFront Offline

telstra will buy it.

when i say good price, i mean cheap.

I knew exactly what you meant. It will be cheap, because it is junk !!

#1386446 - 08/09/2016 09:00 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Eevo]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia

how.
adsl2+ maxes out around 25mbit

nbn is guaranteed to deliver min 25mbit.
if its less than 25, they should be logging a fault with their isp and getting it fixed

That guarantee has had more cosmetic procedures than a Kardashian.

It is now a very sneaky 25mbps, once in the space of a week. If it hits 25mbps at 3am on a Tuesday morning, the service guarantee is met.

True working speeds are a lottery largely based on dodgy ISP's who under buy capacity from NBN to ensure only 25Mbps at low demand. Peak periods speeds as low 3-4 MBPs have been posted in various forums and FB.

..........and the people are complaining. I imagine the telecommunications ombudsman's office is very busy.

Many ISP's are now dodging around the 25 apeed issue by no longer publishing connect speeds on plans, moving that "minor' detail to the fine print, or several page links away. You are then connected at 12Mbps - you cannot complain about 25 now as you have a contract that is only for 12mbps.

If you do not believe me go to Telstra Broadband sign up page and see how long it takes you to find your connect speed. And they are one of the quicker ones to find.

But many people (mums and dads) will not be savvy about internet and NBN and just get duped into 12 Mbps.

Somehow TotalBull has managed to trot out a 3rd rate system for his corporate pals to implement a con job and just get away with it.

Edited by ozthunder (08/09/2016 09:05)

#1386448 - 08/09/2016 09:25 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Eevo]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Funny thing is that the plan was always to privatise it once complete. Good luck getting a decent price for a relic of the stone age.

telstra will buy it.

That will be such a travesty. Telstra sell their aging copper network to NBN co for $11 Billion (tax payer money), than get to buy it back at some fire sale price after more tax payer money has been poured into it.

It has the potential to become like one of those corporate stories you read about all the time where dubious takeovers, close downs, buybacks and restructures have lined the pockets of the inside few - think Ansett, Dick Smith, 10 network, but on a much grander scale.

#1386454 - 08/09/2016 10:23 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Brett Guy]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Sale, Central Gippsland, S/E V...
Sam Dastyari steps down
labor in bed with the communists again...

Dodgy as without a doubt but this is not really a labour/liberal issue. This is just another corrupt pollie selling out for a few bucks

How IS THIS NOT a Criminal Offence, I mean, if a law enforcement officer accepts money or other advantage he is corrupt and in open court quick smart.

Other examples such as Stockbrokers receiving secret commissions, insider trading etc etc, all criminal offences.

DASTYARI gets some $$$$'s from a foreign country and doesn't get anything but a demotion, this stinks and is a typical Labour practice by an organisation who are Union trained to ignore the smell and pretend something isn't rotten !!!

#1386458 - 08/09/2016 10:57 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ozthunder]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: ozthunder

how.

if its less than 25, they should be logging a fault with their isp and getting it fixed

That guarantee has had more cosmetic procedures than a Kardashian.

It is now a very sneaky 25mbps, once in the space of a week. If it hits 25mbps at 3am on a Tuesday morning, the service guarantee is met.

True working speeds are a lottery largely based on dodgy ISP's who under buy capacity from NBN to ensure only 25Mbps at low demand. Peak periods speeds as low 3-4 MBPs have been posted in various forums and FB.

..........and the people are complaining. I imagine the telecommunications ombudsman's office is very busy.

Many ISP's are now dodging around the 25 apeed issue by no longer publishing connect speeds on plans, moving that "minor' detail to the fine print, or several page links away. You are then connected at 12Mbps - you cannot complain about 25 now as you have a contract that is only for 12mbps.

If you do not believe me go to Telstra Broadband sign up page and see how long it takes you to find your connect speed. And they are one of the quicker ones to find.

But many people (mums and dads) will not be savvy about internet and NBN and just get duped into 12 Mbps.

Somehow TotalBull has managed to trot out a 3rd rate system for his corporate pals to implement a con job and just get away with it.

i'm going by synch speed.

congestion is a different issue and should be addressed separately. possibly a breach of contract.

signing up for a low speed plan is the users issue.

#1386462 - 08/09/2016 11:24 Re: Australian Politics [Re: samboz]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: samboz

How IS THIS NOT a Criminal Offence, I mean, if a law enforcement officer accepts money or other advantage he is corrupt and in open court quick smart.

Other examples such as Stockbrokers receiving secret commissions, insider trading etc etc, all criminal offences.

DASTYARI gets some $$$$'s from a foreign country and doesn't get anything but a demotion, this stinks and is a typical Labour practice by an organisation who are Union trained to ignore the smell and pretend something isn't rotten !!!

Should be a criminal offence, but you will find 80% of pollies locked up from both sides.

Cannot wait to xxxx to drop on Sino Dino Saurus

#1386468 - 08/09/2016 12:30 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Eevo]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish

The Whirlpool forum is full of stories about people that have actually lost speed between ADSL2 and FTTN.

how.

One of my brothers comments....

Quote:
Well so much for fast on NBN, it really bombs out when it does. my old ADSL was faster.
0.02 Mbps | Middle :: 0.28 Mbps | Maximum :: 0.87 Mbps

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1386471 - 08/09/2016 13:04 Re: Australian Politics [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak

Quote:
Well so much for fast on NBN, it really bombs out when it does. my old ADSL was faster.

then, quite simply there is a fault on the line and it needs to be fixed.

if its congestion, ask isp to release contract and go with another isp.
if isp refuses, contact TIO.

this isnt rocket science. if you're not getting what you paid for, either get it fixed or leave.

#1386475 - 08/09/2016 13:59 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Eevo]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Quote:

this isnt rocket science. if you're not getting what you paid for, either get it fixed or leave.

Makes it sound easy, in reality it costs time that many people can ill afford, it costs waiting upwards to an hour to speak to an overseas call centre with an operator that you cannot understand, that reads off a script and wants you to reset your modem for million'th time.

if lucky by the 3rd call you may get escalated to "level 2" or our "technical support" team who may actually begin to look at the exchange end.

It should NOT be like this, and that is the point others are trying to make.

#1386476 - 08/09/2016 14:04 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ozthunder]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Quote:

Makes it sound easy, in reality it costs time that many people can ill afford, it costs waiting upwards to an hour to speak to an overseas call centre with an operator that you cannot understand, that reads off a script and wants you to reset your modem for million'th time.

if lucky by the 3rd call you may get escalated to "level 2" or our "technical support" team who may actually begin to look at the exchange end.

It should NOT be like this, and that is the point others are trying to make.

i cant say i've ever had those problems, but I used to work for an isp or two.

it shouldn't be like this but life wasn't meant to be easy.

Page 164 of 266 < 1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 265 266 >

Who's Online
6 registered (GringosRain, petethemoskeet, snowbooby, Stormwalker, Eigerwand, 1 invisible), 341 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Caldoche, David Obeid, desblair, Morrisjub, rmj007, rummy21, StormQueen
Forum Stats
29638 Members
32 Forums
23947 Topics
1496029 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image