Page 1212 of 1307 < 1 2 ... 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1306 1307 >
Topic Options
#1394969 - 29/11/2016 10:33 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Wave Rider]
Steve777 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 20/10/2011
Posts: 3140
Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
Pretty much the same story in Sydney. The Southerly came through about 2:30 AM. I woke up to bright sunshie around 6:30 but it soon clouded over. It is now nearly totally overcast, with a few breaks in the cloud and sunny periods. The cloud is not very thick, allowing it to warm up a bit, it's now 21-23 near the coast and about 25 inland.

Top
#1394970 - 29/11/2016 10:45 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 27/01/2014
Posts: 5443
Loc: Wollongong NSW
Cheers Steve, it is about 6/8 overcast here so still quite a few patches of blue in between clouds. I would say that it will be a completely cloudy afternoon down here though with the influence of the escarpment.
_________________________
2016-17 season storm total for here= 15

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Feb- 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th(2)
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

Top
#1394971 - 29/11/2016 10:48 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
DaveM Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 21/05/2001
Posts: 9240
Loc: Bathurst NSW about 700 m asl
Full sun here and about 25 - will get warmer as the day progresses.

Top
#1394972 - 29/11/2016 11:12 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
EddyG Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 19/12/2008
Posts: 3782
Loc: NSW Port Stephens
Scud is now burning off quite rapidly, wind is more SW now. Definitely storms this arvo, now that I've been called into work.

Cicadas are gradually getting louder by the day now!!
_________________________
Rainfall
YTD 595.1mm
MTD 18.5mm
Summer Storms 8 - Another poor season!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddygroot/
YNWA

Top
#1394984 - 29/11/2016 13:16 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
davidg Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 01/06/2008
Posts: 2197
Loc: Glenbrook/Penrith
A couple of tiny cells/showers developing on the escarpment. About 5/8 cloud cover but it is quite warm so heating shouldn't be too much of an issue, at least initially.

Top
#1394991 - 29/11/2016 14:11 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Rob G Offline
Weather Freak

Registered: 31/07/2003
Posts: 624
Loc: Porters Retreat NSW
Not even a puff of Cu here, so the forecast 40% chance of storms is better expressed as ‘it is likely (60%) that there will be no rain at all today”.
Interesting looking at NASA’s worldview at the incredibly shrinking area of green over NSW. Now restricted to the higher parts of the tablelands compared to early November:

worldview

Top
#1394992 - 29/11/2016 14:43 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Stormy3 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 12/06/2013
Posts: 1345
Loc: Ellalong,10kms SW of Cessnock ...
A cool SE change has just came through here,storms to my north,large towers out in that area.

Top
#1394999 - 29/11/2016 15:25 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Peter Konnecke Offline
Weather Freak

Registered: 19/02/2006
Posts: 721
Loc: Beacon Hill NSW 151.255061,-33...
Oh to be in Central Queensland at the moment. Photo ops galore.

Top
#1395003 - 29/11/2016 15:56 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
DaveM Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 21/05/2001
Posts: 9240
Loc: Bathurst NSW about 700 m asl
Love that world view Rob smile

And yes the green has shrunk dramatically.

Top
#1395004 - 29/11/2016 16:18 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 27/01/2014
Posts: 5443
Loc: Wollongong NSW
Yeah awesome stuff Rob, the map shows that it's cloudy down this way and indeed it is. It also shows the puffies in the southern tablelands very well.

Edit: Wow you can even change the days all the way back to 2012 and it will show you what that day looked like.


Edited by Wave Rider (29/11/2016 16:21)
_________________________
2016-17 season storm total for here= 15

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Feb- 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th(2)
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

Top
#1395012 - 29/11/2016 16:49 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
DaveM Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 21/05/2001
Posts: 9240
Loc: Bathurst NSW about 700 m asl
Yes that slider is fun!!

Top
#1395015 - 29/11/2016 17:19 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
EddyG Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 19/12/2008
Posts: 3782
Loc: NSW Port Stephens
I will have to check that site out once I get home!!

Well looks like another potential storm day has gone down the drain, most of the cells that did fire, once they were close enough to the SE winds they just died.

After being a mostly clear arvo, the scud has returned, SE winds have eased somewhat though.
_________________________
Rainfall
YTD 595.1mm
MTD 18.5mm
Summer Storms 8 - Another poor season!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddygroot/
YNWA

Top
#1395019 - 29/11/2016 17:35 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Stormy3 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 12/06/2013
Posts: 1345
Loc: Ellalong,10kms SW of Cessnock ...
One little cell out near putty,it is just developed,I can see the tower from here,but it will fizzle out any minute now,like the rest did today.all the storms here in the Hunter are north of here.

Top
#1395021 - 29/11/2016 17:41 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: EddyG]
Homer Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 16/06/2007
Posts: 4924
Loc: Dural
Originally Posted By: EddyG
most of the cells that did fire, once they were close enough to the SE winds they just died.


Yep.
Was working at North Richmond today and plenty of towers were going up from about 11 am but just as quickly as they went up, they collapsed. I heard one very distant rumble from 1 small cell near Bilpin, that too died a quick death.
Today just didn't have the right ingredients.
It does seem as though all the action is south and north of Central NSW.


Edited by Homer (29/11/2016 17:41)

Top
#1395027 - 29/11/2016 18:15 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Dawgggg Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 25/03/2007
Posts: 23509
Loc: Townsville
You can clearly see on the radar over the past hour, that a wind boundary has been making its way inland. Ive been keeping an eye on it, and its just interacted with the light precip thats moving in from the SW. Showers just started forming right as the 2 came together...

Hoping it can spark something up.
_________________________
2015/16 Storms
13 Storms 2500km travelled

Top
#1395036 - 29/11/2016 18:58 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Duane Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 25/11/2005
Posts: 1394
Loc: Lake Albert, Wagga Wagga, NSW.
We are still here in the inland, just been a very boring November. First month in a while that we have had below average rainfall. Harvest is happening so probably not needed. Been clear days with high 20's and low 30's.
Duane.


Edited by Duane (29/11/2016 18:59)

Top
#1395041 - 29/11/2016 19:39 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 27/01/2014
Posts: 5443
Loc: Wollongong NSW
Unusually for this time of day, the scud is slowly clearing to the NW revealing mid level cloud above. Often the low cloud will build up at this time of the day.
_________________________
2016-17 season storm total for here= 15

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Feb- 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th(2)
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

Top
#1395045 - 29/11/2016 20:23 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 27/01/2014
Posts: 5443
Loc: Wollongong NSW
Fully cloudy again with low cloud.
_________________________
2016-17 season storm total for here= 15

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Feb- 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th(2)
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

Top
#1395050 - 29/11/2016 21:23 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Stormy3 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Registered: 12/06/2013
Posts: 1345
Loc: Ellalong,10kms SW of Cessnock ...
Overcast with low scud cloud which moved in just before dark from NE.it must be the rise in the humidity on dark that causes this to happen,it Will burn off tomorrow morning,hopefully.

Top
#1395056 - 29/11/2016 22:17 Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather [Re: Grant]
Dawgggg Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Registered: 25/03/2007
Posts: 23509
Loc: Townsville
Well Ive never seen a storm here in a South Easterly and that continued today.

Was suprised they went with a shower/storm in Sydneys west to be honest. That false hope hey haha.
_________________________
2015/16 Storms
13 Storms 2500km travelled

Top
Page 1212 of 1307 < 1 2 ... 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1306 1307 >


Who's Online
4 registered (Mad Elf #1.5, bradcq, Sidney, 1 invisible), 247 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Andrew Miskelly, deanoau, ShaneEEEE, SteveB93, x-1=Darumbul
Forum Stats
29277 Members
32 Forums
23613 Topics
1452011 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image