It's growing larger....
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS
For people in the Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Flinders and parts of the West Coast, Yorke Peninsula, Mid North, North West Pastoral and North East Pastoral districts.
Issued at 1:57 pm Thursday, 19 January 2017.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Whyalla, Port Augusta, Port Pirie, Coober Pedy, Roxby Downs, Leigh Creek, Cleve, Marree and Hawker.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.
The next warning is due to be issued by 5:00 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au
or call 1300 659 215. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly