Topic Options
#1404303 - 28/01/2017 10:38 February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland
Scott Hansen Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Aspley, Queensland
February 2017 Monthly Weather Report – Brisbane & South-East Queensland

Web: http://predictweather.net/blog

1st: Fine, warm and mostly sunny. The chance of isolated to scattered shower or storm activity more likely over the SE inland districts.
2nd: Fine and warm at first. Isolated to scattered showers and storms mostly inland, possibly reaching & including Brisbane and the coast later.
3rd: A front or deep low pressure trough system to the west brings the increased likelihood of higher chance of rainfall with showers, rain and thunderstorms bringing the potential of some flash flooding to some districts, possibly focusing over Brisbane now.
4th: The cloud band with potential showers, rain and thunderstorms will see a clearing from the west as a frontal system moves through later bringing a wind change.
5th: Cooler with some cloudiness and the potential of some showers and breezy conditions.
6th: Warmer and mostly sunny conditions with some some high wind velocity.
7th: Fine, very warm and sunny with some breezy-windy conditions.
8th: Fine, very warm and sunny with some breezy-windy conditions.
9th: Milder. The likelihood of an approaching upper trough or front producing showers or wind.
10th: Mostly fine and warmer, just the chance of a shower clearing, otherwise fine. Breezy.
11th: Dry. Warm to very warm and mostly sunny.
12th: Very warm temperatures with sunny, dry conditions bringing some wind.
13th: Very warm temperatures with sunny, dry conditions.
14th: Very warm, partly cloudy & mostly fine with some isolated showers developing more likely inland.
15th: A frontal passage producing a cloud band and showers passes over Brisane and moves offshore with cooler temperatures.
16th: A return to fine weather with milder conditions.
17th: Slightly warmer with increasing cloud and the chance of some showers developing with the chance of isolated storms inland.
18th: Warmer weather leading to the increased likelihood of showers and thunderstorm activity due to the passage of a cold front.
19th: Warmer with humid NE winds leading to the medium posibility of isolated to scattered heavy rainfall occurring at times.
20th: Warmer with humid NE winds leading to cloudiness & the high posibility of isolated to scattered heavy rainfall occurring.
21st: Warmer with humid NE winds leading to cloudiness & the high posibility of isolated to scattered heavy rainfall occurring.
22nd: Warmer, humid with some cloudiness & the risk of some rainafll continuing. The chance of isolated windy storms inland and the ranges moving northwards.
23rd: Warm and humid and the chance of some showers continue especially inland.
24th: Warm and humid and the chance of some showers continue to moving north and eastwards centering on coastal districts now.
25th: Cooler weather and cloudy conditions.
26th: Disruptive weather pattern due to a trough or frontal system triggers some wind and some isolated thunderstorm activity.
27th: A boisterous weather system over Brisbane and eastern Qld characterized by declining temperatures, increased wind velocities, and thunderstorms of a more violent nature.
28th: The affects of the 27th continue with the promise of more disruptive thunderstorm activity.

© Scott Hansen
Date: 21st February, 2017

Astrometeorology Study...

Feb 1-2:
The radical positions of Mercury and Jupiter in most recent solar eclipse (Sept 2016) will be triggered now. At the time of the eclipse, Mercury was retrograding to the conjunction of Jupiter. These occupied the descendant just west of Brisbane. Transit Venus, making a parallel to Mars, will now oppose radical Mercury and Jupiter. We should at least expect some isolated and scattered showers and thunderstorms in and around the Brisbane area.
Feb 3-4:
There is a chance that the Mercury-Jupiter square on the 3rd will trigger the previous Mercury-Uranus opposition of October 20, 2016. Mercury and Uranus occupied the ascendant/descendant over eastern Qld a few degrees west of Brisbane. This could trigger a cold front that brings unsettled weather and maybe windy conditions.
On the 4th, the transit Moon in the Solar Ingress conjoins the Brisbane Midheaven most likely drawing the weather pattern over Brisbane.
Neptune on the Brisbane descendant in the latest lunar eclipse chart (Sept 2016) will square the radical position of Saturn in that chart. These two tend to increase precipitation and in some cases, bring flash flooding potential.
Feb 5:
Venus makes its ingress into Aries and sets up a crossing between Saturn ascendant and Neptune Ic over eastern Qld. continuing the theme of increased moisture over the area. Mercury is parallel Saturn now as well. So this will add to the potency of Saturn’s low pressure capabilities.
Feb 6:
Jupiter makes its retrograde station now and a chart for this places Pluto on the descendant over Brisbane. Mercury is parallel Pluto now and will be over the next few days. Our forecast will depend on what we consider the nature of Pluto to be. If he tends toward heat and dryness, then this may be prominent now with Mercury perhaps triggering windy conditions or instigating the development of storms through frontal action or by means of a low pressure system. In the Solar Ingress, the Sun now squares the Brisbane midheaven. This may also suggest unsettled conditions.
Feb 7:
The Moon’s ingress chart into Cancer also reinforces the forecast above as Pluto is shown on the descendant over eastern Qld. The Mercury – Pluto parallel is still active being exact on the 8th.
Feb 8:
Mercury on the descendant of the Solar Ingress is now over Brisbane as it perfects its parallel to Pluto. As we’ve been saying, this is open to observation and interpretation. It should give us a better idea of how the Mercury – Pluto parallel works.
Feb 9-10:
The Moon in the Solar Ingress chart conjoins the Brisbane ascendant and opposes Mercury intensifying the likelihood of a front triggering showers or windy conditions.
Feb 11:
Mercury sextiles Venus now indicates warm and fair conditions. The Solar Ingress places Mercury somewhat offshore and the New Moon chart has Venus on the ascendant over central Qld. The New Moon chart also shows Mars in Aries on the ascendant over Brisbane. This suggests warm and dry conditions.
Feb 12:
Mars continues to zero in on Brisbane in the New Moon chart emphasizing the warm and dry influence. The Sun is trine Jupiter now which is also a fair weather indicator. The chart for the Moon’s ingress into Virgo places the Sun on the Ic about 3 degrees off the Brisbane coast. And the current lunation chart (FM) has Jupiter on the descendant over central Qld.
The only contradictory influence is that Mercury will activate the Sun-Mercury conjunction of December 29, 2016. The Sun conjoined retrograde Mercury a couple of degrees east of Brisbane. This can mean increased wind velocities which may add its influence to the other warm and dry indicators perhaps resulting in warm and dry winds around the forecast area.
Feb 13:
Mars on the ascendant continues to hug the Brisbane coast in the New Moon chart arguing for warm and dry conditions still. Venus ascendant in the same chart transits over eastern Qld and begins to approach Brisbane. Venus also brings warm conditions and probably more so being in Aries.
Feb 14:
The Moon will oppose Venus today. In the New Moon chart they are on the ascendant/descendant just 3 degrees west of Brisbane. A chart for the actual Moon-Venus opposition also places them over eastern Qld. This should indicate a surge of warmth and perhaps an increase in moisture. This may not be a lot of moisture with Venus in dry Aries, but perhaps indicating an increase in humidity and cloudiness with some chance of showers.
Feb 15:
The Moon conjoins the Brisbane ascendant in the New Moon chart and then moves offshore to oppose Mars. This may indicate a front, possibly related to the increase in humidity and cloudiness indicated yesterday, that passes over Brisbane. The Moon’s opposition to Mars is a bit more disruptive and can indicate a front that produces showers that pushes offshore.
Feb 16:
In the current lunar phase (FM), the transit Moon will conjoin the Brisbane descendant as it perfects a trine to the Sun. This would indicate fair weather conditions over Brisbane.
Feb 17:
Around this time, Venus begins its contraparallel to Jupiter and its parallel to Uranus. Mercury is also sextile Mars. The New Moon chart shows Venus on the ascendant just 2 degrees west of Brisbane and Mars about 4 degrees offshore- so the closer one is Venus. The contraparallel to Jupiter indicates cloudy weather with brief showers. The parallel to Uranus is stronger indicating a greater chance of precipitation due to a more robust cold front. So the weather pattern now should begin to manifest an increasing chance of showers.
Feb 18:
Expect a continuation of the Feb 17 weather pattern. Indications in the Solar Ingress chart add strength to the foregoing. The Moon will now oppose the Brisbane midheaven and square Mercury as it does so. This indicates either a cold front as mentioned in Feb 17 and/or increased thunderstorm or shower activity.
Feb 19:
Venus and Neptune are in contraparallel now. The New Moon chart shows Venus on the Brisbane ascendant. Aspects between these two planets point toward a warm air mass out of the north, increased humidity, and the prospect of precipitation.
Feb 20:
The influences mentioned in Feb 19 continue. We also see the transit Moon in the FQ chart will oppose the Brisbane ascendant as it exactly squares Neptune. So this backs the Neptune theme of warmth, humidity, and precipitation shown in the New Moon chart.
Feb 21:
Venus in the New Moon chart is still the strongest influence as it now conjoins the Brisbane ascendant and continues its contraparallel to Neptune. So the above mentioned weather conditions should persist a bit longer.
Feb 22:
The transit Moon in the New Moon chart now conjoins the Brisbane midheaven as it squares Venus which is still on the ascendant. This should serve to accentuate the Venus theme of warmth, cloudiness, and the chance of precipitation.
There is another strong aspect happening now as Mars squares Pluto. There is a chance that this will affect central and eastern Qld based on the chart for the Sun’s ingress into Pisces that took place on the 18th. However, it seems that the New Moon indications might be stronger since they’re exactly over Brisbane.
Feb 23:
The Sun and Venus form a contra-parallel on the 23rd. The New Moon chart still offers the most information since Venus still conjoins the Brisbane ascendant. So warmth, cloudiness, and the chance of precipitation still dominate.
Feb 24:
Same indications are operating as on Feb 23 except now the transit Moon opposes the Solar Ingress ascendant localizing the pattern over Brisbane and the coast.
Feb 25:
In the current lunation (LQ), Mercury will now conjoin the Brisbane ascendant. Mercury had just sextiled Saturn the day before. This tends to cloudy weather and cooler temperatures.
Feb 26:
The most important event now is that in the current lunation (LQ), transit Mercury will square the degree of the LQ Moon. The Sun was on the ascendant just offshore Brisbane and the Moon midheaven was about 3 degrees offshore. Mercury’s square to this degree should be a disruptive influence on the weather. This can manifest as a cold front triggering thunderstorm activity and windy conditions.
Feb 27:
Mercury’s ingress into Pisces will set up the conjunction and opposition of Mars to Uranus and Jupiter on the 27th and 28th. This will usher in a boisterous weather system over Brisbane and eastern Qld characterized by declining temperatures, increased wind velocities, and thunderstorms of a more violent nature. The aspect will also trigger the previous Mercury-Uranus opposition of October 20, 2016 that placed Mercury and Uranus over eastern Qld.
Feb 28:
The effects mentioned under Feb 27 continue. The Sun will also make its first opposition to the solar eclipse degree of September 1, 2016 and may trigger the radical Mercury-Jupiter conjunction in that chart that occupied the descendant over Brisbane and eastern Qld promising more disruptive thunderstorm activity. [b][/b]

© Scott Hansen
Date: 21st February, 2017

#1404333 - 28/01/2017 15:17 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Scott Hansen]
Delta-T Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Peachester
Scott I guess you could use your methodology to forecast March's weather or next September's for that matter. Is that asking too much?

#1404344 - 28/01/2017 17:49 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Delta-T]
Scott Hansen Offline
Weather Freak

Hi Delta-T,

No, it is not asking too much. I have already done done a report for March and finishing April's report soon. I only decided again to start doing reports late last year for this is what I love doing. I do work hard for a living which doesn't leave me much time to do this.

Astrometeorology has no limitations. An accurate forecast can be formulated for any date, be it tomorrow or fifty or a hundred years from today. It is ancient.

Centuries ago, astrometeorology was the norm because it was the only means people had to know when to set sail, when to plant crops, or to erect a sturdier shelter to withstand the winter months.

Today, when used in tandem with technology, weather forecasting can become even more accurate and more important, save lives and property.

Observations of solar radiation and sunspots will never lead to the discovery of the laws which regulate the weather. The atmosphere is often liable to unusual and long continued impressions and these are induced by planetary action on the earth as well on the Sun. Based on many years of specialized experiences with astrometeorology, I am convinced that to abandon this research is to render the discovery of the laws that regulate the weather, hopeless.

#1404363 - 28/01/2017 23:59 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Scott Hansen]
BIG T Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Albany Creek , QLD
Well forecasting Local weather , two months ahead is pure genius. Scott you are one of the greats , or a complete sham.
Good luck either way as I have respect for p pls who get it out there,

#1408569 - 19/02/2017 13:58 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Scott Hansen]
Scott Hansen Offline
Weather Freak

Hi Group,

I am going to post a new monthly weather report for March to this forum starting next month with hopefully better strike rate from my new algorithm system based upon past weather cycles and I'm straying more away from my past astrometeorology methods for the time being.

Here's an example for the 3rd of next month (let me know what u think? -

3rd: Mostly cloudy with a little rain. (55% chance rain). Partly cloudy and humid with a shower in spots at night. (40% chance rain). SE winds @ 11-33 km/h.
21°C – 29°C. Storm Risk: 20%, 1mm, Hours of Rain: 2.5 hours

As predicted my forecasts for the 18th/19th February has turned out to be accurate for SE Qld, here's the results below...

18th: Warmer weather leading to the increased likelihood of showers and thunderstorm activity due to the passage of a cold front. Correct
19th: Warmer with humid NE winds leading to the medium posibility of isolated to scattered heavy rainfall occurring at times. Correct

Regards, Scott Hansen

#1408949 - 20/02/2017 23:06 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Scott Hansen]
raiderpete82 Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Rockhampton
Overall it looks like the forecasts for the month so far have been inaccurate. So is the March forecast a different theory used ?

#1409642 - 26/02/2017 17:52 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Scott Hansen]
Scott Hansen Offline
Weather Freak

Hi Group,

My forecast predictions for between the 26th-28th looks 100% accurate. bounce
So, I am happy my astrometeorology method still works!
I am looking forward to the rainfall finally. Hope many people affected on the land gets a good soaking.
P.S. Remember to see my new March 2017 weather report on this forum, hope you like it..
Thanks, Scott H

#1409861 - 27/02/2017 20:25 Re: February 2017 Monthly Weather Report - Brisbane & South-East Queensland [Re: Scott Hansen]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Adelaide Hills.
Originally Posted By: Scott Hansen
Hi Group,

My forecast predictions for between the 26th-28th looks 100% accurate. bounce
So, I am happy my astrometeorology method still works!
I am looking forward to the rainfall finally. Hope many people affected on the land gets a good soaking.
P.S. Remember to see my new March 2017 weather report on this forum, hope you like it..
Thanks, Scott H

If you would like some constructive feedback, the example given for the 3rd (of March) was reasonable, especially in that the wind direction and speed were provided smile , in a forecast range.

As for a 100% accurate forecast, how can that be realistically achieved? I'd suggest using a probability scaling system of some sort smile , between say 1 and 99%.

Edited by -Cosmic- (naz) (27/02/2017 20:29)

Who's Online
10 registered (Jet entrance, Markus, samboz, chasers addict, Petros, Wave Rider, Purnong, 3 invisible), 306 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
aurbina1, Justin Case
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23702 Topics
1466085 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image