Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1426581 - 23/06/2017 19:50 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
Wild Wassa Online   content
Weather Freak

Loc: NW ACT
Lucky New Zild with their high speed broadband.

Our Prime Minister Lord Wentworth, prefers Australians to suffer with last century's technology. All while he heavily invested in fttp in Europe with France's Telecom and Spain's Telefonica.

Lord Wentworth is a hypocritical Fascist, in a class of his own ... and he has the dumb bunnies who vote conservative wrapped around his adoring little finger.

This country has gone to the dogs ... understandably, when led by a dog.

Warren.

PS, the banks are squealing pigs with their fraction of a cent increase in tax ... the poor little squealing piggies. They really are disgusting.

Edited by Wild Wassa (23/06/2017 19:59)

#1426656 - 25/06/2017 20:04 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Maffra & the Mountains...
Been offline for a week and the place goes crazy, Ww you don't know how well off you are compared to the citizenry of most of the world.

"Fascist" - LOL, & in a cell if it that were the case grin

Line fault for the last week, zilch ADSL & land line.

Happy to be back on line, even at 0.84 Mbps tonight.
Rain 2016-753.5mm.J-173mmF-5mmM-66mmA-32.5mmM-24mmJ-88mmJ-143mmA-17.5mmS-89.5mmO-53.5mmNov-61.5mmDec-26mmTOTAL 2016 - 779.5MM Rain 2017.Jan-9.5mmFeb-23mmMarch-49mmApril-40mmMay-12mmJune-12mmJuly-15mm Aug-36.5mm Sept22.5mmto0800 17/9.(YTD <200mm)

#1426671 - 26/06/2017 08:25 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
ColdFront Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach
Zilch ADSL? That's probably NBN Co grooming you to switch to their mess 😉

#1426715 - 26/06/2017 21:52 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Locals to scared to change to NBN, most hanging in with ADSL even at slow speeds.

Must say that "grooming" has crossed the mind on occasion CF grin
Rain 2016-753.5mm.J-173mmF-5mmM-66mmA-32.5mmM-24mmJ-88mmJ-143mmA-17.5mmS-89.5mmO-53.5mmNov-61.5mmDec-26mmTOTAL 2016 - 779.5MM Rain 2017.Jan-9.5mmFeb-23mmMarch-49mmApril-40mmMay-12mmJune-12mmJuly-15mm Aug-36.5mm Sept22.5mmto0800 17/9.(YTD <200mm)

#1426737 - 27/06/2017 09:38 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: samboz]
bundybear Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Bundy and Gladstone
Originally Posted By: samboz
Locals to scared to change to NBN, most hanging in with ADSL even at slow speeds.

Must say that "grooming" has crossed the mind on occasion CF grin

That is what I am doing. Hanging in there. Hoping for the best.

Grooming has crossed my mind more than once. I still have no idea what I will do if they cut off my adsl.

#1426750 - 27/06/2017 13:02 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
ozone doug Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Roma SW QLD Eye to the West...
Had a line fault last week reported it on Sunday morning to Telstra had crossed lines on phone the internet was fine maybe a little slower ,Got asked to answer some questions ,I said OK few basic questions on service said it was OK .Had phone tech after lunch Monday lol. She had been doing NBN roll out and was surprised to be put on this job .Seems like you say something nice you get fast service lol.Could be grooming lol.

#1427980 - 14/07/2017 06:26 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
Mega Offline

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
NBN pulled their own ad from YouTube:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/07/nbn-pulled-their-own-ad-from-youtube/

LOL, because we all love 600ms ping.

#1427992 - 14/07/2017 11:09 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: Mega]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish
I have been off line for 3 weeks thanks to Telstra!
Had no internet, so rang the Phillipino/indian call centre, basically she said yes there is a fault on your line and that they could not do anything and to ring the faults line.....also my "personal deatails" did not match what they had on their system "so i should just pop into my nearest Telstra shop and show them my licence!?" (WTF? i should just toddle 130 ks to a Telstra shop in Cairns to show my licence? nup, not gunna happen.

When i got off the phone the Internet (strangely) was working again....until the next day when it would just not connect.

Rang the Phillipino/indian chop shop again.. was told yes you have a fault, they will come in 2 days to fix it.2 days later a "sub contractor" appeared and i showed him to where the various pits are around our property. He came up to my house about 1/2 an hour later (coughing up a lung and slagging every 30 seconds while he was there) told me the line from the road to the pit was fine, so he will check the pit on the neighbours property.

After about an hour i checked the phone and it was dead, checked again another 1/2 an hour later still dead, so i went to see how he was going.

Lo and behold he is no longer there, thought maybe he went for lunch, so waited another hour, still nothing so thought eff that, and went to the payphone in town to find out what was going on...Rang the Phillipino/indian chop shop again.. only to be told that my fault was now fixed and the case closed! After a quick fire outburst assuring her that it was not fixed, she agreed to test the line, tried 2 tests and claimed that they were fine, the third test she comes back with, "did you leave the phone off the hook when you left the house?" "no i did not, the phone is DEAD!" she then told me that the phone line is coming back with an engaged signal, and that if i want some one to look at the line again it would cost me $130! WTF not likely! after some quick fire abuse and telling her why should i have to pay $130 to fix something that your guys have effed up!

Anyway because it was Friday, no one would be there until Monday to fix it, so make sure that you are at home for their beck and call...

Monday comes an actual Telstra tech turns up, checks the pit and straight away has a chuckle, "oh it would appear old mate must have had a bad day, he wired the exchange wire back on themselves (hence the engaged signal! )

The Tech cuts the wire checks the line and says hmm, the line is still scratchy, leave it with me, it may take me a while. My kids were walking down the road and saw him leave.... a few hours later sill no phone, still no tech, leave it a bit longer...and still the same... AHHH EFFF back down the phone box and Rang the Phillipino/indian chop shop again.. was told by the call centre guy that they did not know what was happening and, will place you on hold, 10 mins later, still don't know, round and round we go, and 1 hour later he informs me someone will be there within 24hrs to fix problem.

24hrs later no one shows. Back down the phone box and Rang the Phillipino/indian chop shop again.. ring them and straight away asked to speak to a supervisor.... 1000 apologies flowed from their back passage, but still they did not know what was going on, she kindly informed me that she would send me a mobile phone in 2 days time to use as a stop gap, to which i kindly informed her mobile phones do not work where i live and we cannot get reception!

Anyway 1 1/2 hours (i was put on hold for 20+ minutes!) later i was told and told "yes someone will be there by Friday to fix the problem, as now it was a much more complex issue and needed a higher level up tech to come and fix the problem.

You can guess what happens next....yep sure enough Friday came and 5pm still no Telstra B@#%^%D had shown, back down the phone box and Rang the Phillipino/indian chop shop AGAIN..

I requested to speak to a supervisor again.....was placed on hold for 10 mins whent thru an endless ringing loop, then was met with a recorded message saying, was your query resolved today? if yes simply hang up, if no stay on the line...5 mins later, thank you for calling Telstra beep,beeep,beeep, Rang again, same shyte got put on hold again, and after 10 mins the witch hung up on me! back again for the 3rd time and this time no one would pick up the phone so after 10 mins, i hung up ant tried AGAIN, this time instead of entering my phone no, i just said faults each time the recorded message came on, and lo and behold i got straight thru! again i asked to speak to a supervisor, Again 1000 apologies flowed from there back passage.

I was then kindly informed that they tried to ring me the previous day and that now they would not be able to make it for another 11 days!!! whaaaaaat!! how in the hell can you ring me when i don't have a working phone? again round the merry go round we go, bang your head against the wall, “the issue is so complex that they need a higher again tech, and he can't make it until then....”

"As a stop gap though, i can offer you a satellite phone, the Telstra tech will be there on Monday to install it for you" "Bullshyte" was my reply, "Oh,no trust me, he will be there, trust me" again he got some more bulls excrement ... Trust me trust me, blah blah blah he will be there .Another and a half hours of my life wasted in a phone box!

Anyone want to guess what happened next? you got it! Monday came, Monday went not one b^%$#Rd from Telstra showed!

To cut a long story short after 12 phone calls and many, many hours on the phone, they finally fixed the line (3 weeks after reporting it) All he did was switch a dodgy section of cable for another set that was not being used!

Moral of the story Telstra sux! Mobiles are not an option here as we can't get reception, the NBN? hmm that is fixed wireless, neighbours about 500mtrs can get it, they say the internet is ok, but the phone is rubbish as it keeps dropping out all the time (even on sunny days)

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1427996 - 14/07/2017 12:09 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
ozone doug Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Roma SW QLD Eye to the West...
Man that would have drove me insane .

#1428001 - 14/07/2017 14:07 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Can I congratulate you Ys on your patience and tribulation endurance........bstds must go home and chat about the Aussie they led up the garden path that day.

I love the "we tried to ring you to let you know" sort of message, I am convinced that the R hand does not know what the L hand is doing with Telstra.

My other favourite is reporting a ADSL total drop out online as they suggest...........is it to early for a booze....lol... grin

#1428004 - 14/07/2017 14:57 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: samboz]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Yeah, it is the same as them telling you to go online and look at their website!? ah? hello? no phone line no internet!
I did tell one of the so and so's there that "it is funny how you see all the signs around saying "Telstra, it's how we connect? well Telstra couldn't connect to their own A$#@oles"

I am surprised that he didn't hang up on me! Basically all they do is tell you lies, just tell you want you want to hear, Oh, yes some one will be there within the next 24 hrs, that way it get's you off their hands and you become someone else's problem.

You can hear them typing away as you are talking to them, probably typing silly little Aussie is getting very aggressive, be aware, keep him on hold for longer......flag the number so when he enters it no one picks up.

Yes, it is very frustrating dealing with Telstra ozone doug!

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1428278 - 18/07/2017 09:44 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia
NBN AIDS INTERNET PIRATES

and so the headline on the almost full page article in Sydney's Daily Telegraph reads today. Complete with a Game of Thrones picture.

Another Murdoch propaganda piece, pointing indirectly to lost Poxtel revenues.

Well Mr Murdoch Australia's pay TV is riddled with ads, repeats things over and over and costs a ridiculous price compared to most other countries. Fix that and you may get more subscribers.

Nope easier to call in the favours with the Coalition.

Murdoch has been a constant lobbyist with the coalition against FTTH, and has been a factor in our FTTN stuff up. Not to mention buying corroded copper off Telstra for $11B.

#1428363 - 18/07/2017 19:55 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
Red Watch Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Cranbrook, Townsville
"You can hear them typing away as you are talking to them, probably typing silly little Aussie is getting very aggressive, be aware, keep him on hold for longer......flag the number so when he enters it no one picks up." Good one Yasi smile

#1428594 - 21/07/2017 17:35 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

RE NBN Grooming - Nah, wouldn't happen would it....lol

Lost the local ADSL/phone copper line for a whole week in late June, been a bit iffy since but yesterday dropped out completely maybe six times.

Reported same to Faults Telstra....among the disgraceful BS the other end was, (1) You need a new modem if its 18 months old
(2) We have an alternative, NBN has a tower near you, because you are too far from the exchange you need to look at that alternative.(3)ADSL2 is available also.

After some further discussion that included much stuffing around by them over 44 minutes we finished with "Just let linesmen know to fix it, this happens quite often, we are wasting my time going around in circles discussing NBN, line speed etc. ADSL2 -don't waste my time!!!!

And guess what, in the RMB (Roadside Mail Box) this morning was a iiNet NBN Satellite flyer.

Grooming, nah, wouldn't happen!!!! grin

Edited by samboz (21/07/2017 17:36)

#1428597 - 21/07/2017 17:59 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
ColdFront Offline

Welcome to the real world . There have been countless complaints the same as yours. Assuming of course you are serious. There are calls for a senate enquiry into alleged grooming.

#1428613 - 21/07/2017 21:08 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
Homer Offline

Loc: Dural
I just don't get why, when we are spending so many tax payers dollars on a "supposedly" superfast and super reliable internet delivery system, that so many are having problems.
I run my own business, and there's no way I could go 3 weeks without it. That would have me on a knife edge.

#1428873 - 25/07/2017 20:03 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
Red Watch Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Cranbrook, Townsville
I got one of those iiNet NBN Satellite flyers and I am on FTTP and eventually all the ADSL will be turned off as it would not be viable to keep spending money on it for a small percentage of the population. FTTN is a waste of money and used with degraded copper causes connection and speed problems. Plus ISPs offering cheaper prices don't buy enough bandwidth off NBN which causes slower speeds in busier times of the day.

#1428874 - 25/07/2017 20:08 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: Red Watch]
ColdFront Offline

Originally Posted By: Red Watch
I got one of those iiNet NBN Satellite flyers and I am on FTTP and eventually all the ADSL will be turned off as it would not be viable to keep spending money on it for a small percentage of the population. FTTN is a waste of money and used with degraded copper causes connection and speed problems. Plus ISPs offering cheaper prices don't buy enough bandwidth off NBN which causes slower speeds in busier times of the day.

Yep, a gross waste of money. These clowns should be rolling out a minimum of FTTC but even better they should admit they have stuffed it and finish the FTTP as it should have been all along. Especially as the price has halved since Rudd first proposed it.

Of course the kicker is that they have to first admit they have stuffed it up and that won't happen before hell freezes over.

#1429084 - 28/07/2017 14:04 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: ColdFront]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

In Typical Telstra style i received a letter from them outlining their latest proposal to increase my home line rental charges by an extra $2 a month from the first of October, hmm coincidentally exactly the same day they are supposed to shut the Broadband ADSL down in our area.

I have looked into the NBN and Spintel seems reasonable, (and you don't have to go on a contract if you don't want to...) you even get a phone connection for $49 a month and .10 local and national calls, when you compare it to Telscums $109 a month for the same thing and they charge like a wounded bull for national calls.

So i may give it a go while i still have Tescum as a backup.

Scott, you may want to think of something similar, as at this point in time you can get free installation for the NBN/ antenna, after the end of September the buggers will charge you for installations, and from what i have read it is about $300?

#1429112 - 28/07/2017 20:09 Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins [Re: SBT]
ColdFront Offline

The Un-Australian is running a story today with the headline reading "Dud NBN creating millions of angry voters".

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
2 registered (Wild Wassa, Skysthelimit), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
batty
Forum Stats
29370 Members
32 Forums
23688 Topics
1462495 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image