Page 124 of 131 < 1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 130 131 >
Topic Options
#1407628 - 14/02/2017 08:31 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
cold@28 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Chillagoe
Thanks for posting the link, Duck.

Inclined to think it's aging infrastructure, and old technology.
Back when people still thought the earth didn't move at all? (ie basic daily changes.)

I've been wondering lately if we'll be seeing a progression of failing infrastructure. We take our bridges for granted especially, and how many were designed to carry the weights of some heavy vehicles which have also increased in frequency?

As for dams, I wouldn't live below one. I think a lot of people dont even know they've got a dam upstream.
YTD: NFI
2016: 668.5mm
2015: 599.0mm

#1407630 - 14/02/2017 08:50 Re: Earthquakes [Re: cold@28]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi cold@28 and all.

Yes, I feel too that some of these structures may be showing their age and I reckon there may be some very nervous or worried engineers and local folks [for sure] in that part of the U.S. at the moment. There is no easy fix for these issues because of the size of the structure. It's not as if you can easily remove the old structure and replace it. The volume of water behind it is too huge. It is a worry.
This dam issue had made the morning news here.

Being that I am a bit of an EQ nerd, my thoughts about this dam is that I hope they don't get earth tremor activity to increase the issue with the dam. California, in so many places, is always experiencing tremors and EQ activity, with moderate lulls to a rev up of activity. Currently California is in a bit of a run with tremors.....

Here's a news report Oroville Dam: Crisis eases but more than 180,000 evacuated

For now, Duck.

#1407634 - 14/02/2017 09:37 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
cold@28 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Chillagoe
It will be interesting to watch, and if it survives, to see how well they can repair it.
YTD: NFI
2016: 668.5mm
2015: 599.0mm

#1408832 - 20/02/2017 08:30 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wynnum SE Brisbane
I see mr hooperbeets has put out an earthquake warning for possible 8+ earthquake around 4th march
Interesting
He seems to have something on earth alignments with planets as he can pick the active times

#1408846 - 20/02/2017 10:11 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi tsunami and all.

Been busy in the last week, so have lost touch with most of the EQ activity.

The guy that tsunami is talking about, and I have eluded to before has a new video out [which tsunami is referring to]. Ditrianum [Frank - video] is very dedicated to his study of the planets and has an interesting take on EQ activity. His knowledge/studies is beyond my understanding smile So below is his latest video for him to explain what I can't.

Cheers for now, rusty Duck.

#1408911 - 20/02/2017 19:13 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Thanks for putting that up duck didnt know how to do that

#1408913 - 20/02/2017 19:20 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

That's ok tsunami. If you want to add YT videos, just copy the 'address' of the video you like and past it using the "enter a media tag" icon just above your post [when you are typing a post]. Run your cursor over the icons to highlight it, then past the video address in the line that pops up on the screen on WZ. There are a few ways to post a vid here, but I find the above quick and easy,

Cheers, Duck. wink

Edited by duckweather (20/02/2017 19:20)

#1408944 - 20/02/2017 21:59 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Cool
Might be an active time comming up as hooperbeets seems to be good at analyzing the active times

#1409088 - 21/02/2017 23:12 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi all.

Yes tsunami. He is pretty good at analyzing his data and coming up with some interesting predictions.

Did anyone else feel a strange 'movement' in the Knox area about 20 minutes ago? I was slobbing on the couch and there was a vibration which slightly rattled the whole house. Also there was a slight feeling of changed air pressure change [ears hummed] like you feel when changing altitude? In an obscure thought, if it was earth related, could it have been a pressure or an indicator of a potential tremor? Or energy/pressure is building for a larger tremor south of the continent or Bass Strait or north or east or NE of the continent...? Was rather strange. Another idea is that it may have been atmospheric?

Anyway, the full length of the eastern side of the Pacific is active atm.. So too is the mid-western side of the Pacific. Something may give towards an M6+ soon. I concur with Ditrianum on that line of thought.

Hawaii has revved up along with the America's [eastern side of Pacific] again.

Madagascar hasn't come up with the quake I thought it would, but SE of there has been coming up with several quakes over the last few days/week.

My computer is playing up [going very slow] so I will end here for now.

Duck.

#1409207 - 23/02/2017 11:56 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Of interest
Rare oar fish have been washed up in the pacific
And a total of 700 whales stranded in recent strandings last month in nz
Must be something going on we dont know about

#1409701 - 26/02/2017 23:03 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi tsunami and all.

If I remember correctly, oar fish on-mass can beach themselves and die before a large quake - I think it may have been Japan in March 2010 [the fish appeared after an M8+ in Chile]. It was feared then that this was a bad omen for a larger earthquake. As we know, a very large quake occurred for Japan in March 2011. I am not saying this is proof [oarfish beaching] that these are indicators of a very large quake brewing - as I can't prove such. But curious all the same.
Considering the beachings of the whales and the oarfish, and other species in the past, I reckon that there could be several factors for such beachings. Possibly due to their sonar being interfered with by pulses and electrical activity being given off by earth crust displacements/ movements, unusual water temps, water changes [toxicity, oxygen depletion etc...], explosions [man made or other - sea and close to coast based], magnetic or other changes in Earth's interplay with space/sun/atmospheric influences..?????? Just brainstorming some ideas.

Here is a recent article regarding an interview with Ditrianum, who like me, feels there is something brewing on the earthquake front in the near times. It just 'feels' like something is going to 'give'. Ditrianum has suggested the Philippines, and I reckon he may be right - but it could also be another region in the Pacific alternatively. Let's hope a very large quake doesn't rear its ugly head.

Big One Earthquake Could Possibly Strike...ruary 25, 2017

The Pacific is particularly active at the moment. As is western Canada, U.S. and Alaska. The Mediterranean, generally speaking, is unusually quiet [apart from a couple of quakes].

Hawaii may see an M4.

Australia may come into another 'run' of tremors in several states/territories. The Queensland coast or inland may feel a tremor too in the near term.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (26/02/2017 23:04)

#1410239 - 01/03/2017 20:51 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

As I suspected, QLD [was actually offshore NE of Bowen] on the coast or inland came up with a tremor. The energies and tremors/quakes coming up all around the north, NE and east of the Queensland coast [other countries] was and is still rather full on.
The Izu Trench and associated trenches in the west of the Pacific is particularly active currently. The Philippines is somewhat caught in the middle [out away from the Izu and associated trenches] of what is happening in the west Pacific. Around the Banda Sea/Indonesia and nearby countries/territories, energy is being driven in from the south and possibly the east.
Given the energy mentioned above, it is not beyond a possibility that near the Philippines could feel a larger quake [thinking of what Ditrianum feels may happen]. This energy may also be driven up through/past Japan and possibly into the Kamchatka [Russia] region or along the Aleutian Islands chain [Alaska].....It may skip the Philippines region.....???

I suspected that the Mediterranean was too quiet, amidst all of the smatterings of energies being pushed around the planet atm.. Currently the Mediterranean is in the midst of an increased energy spurt. The Middle east and western China is in the same boat. The Himalayas may come into the picture soon.

West of Spain/Portugal, in the Atlantic is brewing for an M5.

The U.S. is still 'rocking' along with tremors about the west coast. As I also suspected, Oklahoma has come in to a run of tremors. Other parts of the U.S. [east] and Yellowstone and surrounds are experiencing some energy niggles atm..

Canada west coast is following through with the tremors I have eluded to in the past as behavioural activity in relation to the movements on the west coast of the U.S. and in Alaska.

NZ has succumbed to the energy producing quakes in the west Pacific.

Oz will still be in the picture for further tremors.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (01/03/2017 20:52)

#1411089 - 06/03/2017 16:58 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well Australia is rattling along like I thought we would. See our current tremor records here
One of Vic's seismo's has registered a few small movements too, separate to any tremors and quakes elsewhere, meaning they are isolated movements to Vic - predominantly regarding the east/SE of Victoria.

Hawaii has had the near M4 I was anticipating and yet again has been seemingly running in a unison with the quakes and tremors on the west coast of America.

A major quake in the west Pacific hasn't happened yet, but there have been some very deep quakes near the Pacific islands [Fiji example] and in around the Banda Sea. Vanuatu may come up with a quake, considering Fiji [last quake was reasonably shallow though] and PNG M6 [similar depth to Fiji's]. If we see an very deep M6 come up around Fiji [or surrounds] there may be a flow on effect of multiple M5's come up in the west Pacific.

Alaska has been showing activity I thought it would [also meaning the Aleutian Island chain].

A larger quake may be brewing for the Pacific and if I was to go out on a limb and suggest where this may occur - a chance may be from Kamchatka [Russia] down to north of NZ [in the ocean trenches above or near the Kermadecs]. But my mind is still traveling from anywhere along the west of the Pacific generally. It just feels like something is lurking and going to give - hopefully if it is going to be a large quake - it will be very deep...

Take anything I say with a pinch of salt folks - I could be way wrong with my thoughts. My focus currently is on the Pacific and America/s, and the large quake which may be lurking in/on another part of the planet.

For now, Duck.

#1411398 - 08/03/2017 20:40 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well Vanuatu came up with the quake I mentioned it probably would. As has the rest, pretty much, of the west Pacific.

We have just had a minor tremor in Vic [registering on several seismo's]- possibly north of Melbourne or just NE or NW...? South Australia has had 2 small tremors today, but they haven't come up on the Geoscience website yet.

Canada west coast seems still to be showing up with quakes 'in the middle' of the activity involving Alaska and the western side of the U.S..

For the moment, Duck.

#1411816 - 12/03/2017 11:51 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Nz has been getting a bit of a wobbly bottom at yhe moment

#1412237 - 14/03/2017 11:49 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Tsunami and all.

NZ is part of the activity in the west Pacific and some of what has been popping up [quakes] south of the Oz continent [between us and Antarctica] and in the southern part of the Pacific [even just near South America - at sea].

I 'see' that when the activity gets going around Indonesia, Fiji, Vanuatu [and the other Pacific west regions], Japan can follow on, as can NZ and the Kermadecs [NZ].

Af few times in the past, I have rattled on about, what I 'see' as, a hinge in the Pacific near Fiji, Tonga and Wallis and Fortuna [general regions]. To me this is a sort of bendy snag in the Pacific Plate where it meets the Australian Plate. So when the energy in the main plates gets a push on, this 'hinge' [region] has the potential to be the main 'character' or deep or critical point where decent energy can get locked and loaded to give then sending some of the energy down to NZ, up into the Pacific NW [near Japan and SE Russia {Kamchatka} and possibly the the far west of the Aleutian Islands [Alaska].
In relation to this and as an example of possible energy dissipation from this region, When you see an animation of the effects of a tsunami fanning out from its originating quake point, the energy looks to spread out from that point into other regions. Applying that same or similar idea to EQ production in the 'hinge', when quakes [deep especially] get going, I feel that this energy is dissipated into other nearby regions, thus setting off quakes. [e.g. NZ and Kermadecs].

In addition to what I have mentioned above, energy is sometimes not isolated to a region and there may be sometimes a global energy, or an energy hovering around the equator, or involving the poles, or one main plate on the planet may be the focus of the energy producing quakes all over the place. It all depends on what earth or solar dynamic [or interplay o such and/or several things] is causing the plates/trenches/faults to move and volcanoes to fire up [underground and on the surface].

I hope I made sense in my words above. I know what I see in my mind's-eye sometimes and can rattle on trying to explain it smile

My feelings and thoughts are just my suspicions. Not scientific fact. So take that into consideration when you read my posts.

Cheers Duck.

#1413023 - 17/03/2017 20:42 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

So far, touch wood, an M8 hasn't reared its ugly head in the recent weeks. There are still 'bursts' of energy clocking up quite a few M5's coming up in the Pacific though.

Australia seems to have possibly started up with another run of tremors [complements, I reckon, of the activity in Indonesia and western side of the Pacific], with NSW and WA showing some registered movements in the last 7 days. The tremors I thought I saw come up in SA and Vic on the seismo's weren't registered on the Geoscience website, but I will say they did occur, but may not have been large enough to go on our maps.
QLD may come up with a tremor regarding the activity I mentioned above. We may even see a 'surprise' location come up with a tremor.

I feel that some energy may run into the general region of the Mediterranean in the next week. An 'arid' region may see an M5+.

This thread is nearly at 2 million views, which is terrific.

For now, Duck.

#1413418 - 19/03/2017 16:37 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Bit of a rattle in nsw today

#1414067 - 21/03/2017 22:32 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi tsunami and all.

Australia has been rattling along quite nicely in the south [including NSW, SA and WA]. When Mt Gambier's quake happened, I was briefly watching the seismo's and thought [after viewing all the seismo's as a collective] it was Mt Gambier or very nearby that had the tremor. This was one of the less 'usual' locations for a quake.

It's possible that the energy causing these quakes is coming up from the south for SA; S/SW for WA and south/SE/east for NSW.

I am a little surprised that QLD coast hasn't come up with a tremor again.

Generally speaking, the energy has been vast and wide across the planet in the last week. Africa, for example has come into this mix, which says to me that the energy causing quakes has been filtering throughout the planet and quakes can almost come up in more than the usual regions. I think this prospect may continue for a bit longer [days/week].

Dunno why, but I feel we may see a 'water disturbance', similar to the small tsunami-like [meteotsunami] water behaviour which occurred in the Adriatic Sea in June 2014, somewhere on the planet soon. A report on the 2014 Adriatic meteotsunami here - Meteotsunami Adriatic 2014

Without sounding 'dramatic', I feel there will be a quake soon which will [like NZ'z past quake which raised the sea floor] show up an interesting [but not devastating] element in our Earth's potential behaviour or ability to slightly change a landscape of some sort.... Or it may be an earth activity which will be a surprise and 'unusual' for a particular location. It may reveal something not previously known or thought about in recent times.

Take what I rattle on about with a 'pinch-of-salt' folks. I may be wrong.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (21/03/2017 22:32)

#1414070 - 21/03/2017 22:44 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again from 10 minutes ago.
I couldn't update the last post [ran out of time].

What I wanted to add was;

Postnote; How's that. I have just logged out to find that a meteotsunami type wave has hit Iran in recent hours. I had no idea until a friend just messaged me. Here is the report on such - Deadly Seiche waves smash Dayyer, Iran Unfortunately it has caused damage and some folks are missing.

Cheers, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (21/03/2017 22:51)

Page 124 of 131 < 1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 130 131 >

Who's Online
8 registered (Sidney, Mick10, Perfect Storm, Manly, Aussea, Warmfront, Foehn Correspondent, Timbuck), 291 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
ronaldo7, Storm within
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23760 Topics
1472227 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image