Page 198 of 245 < 1 2 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 244 245 >
Topic Options
#1422387 - 27/04/2017 18:07 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia

Budget to explain good and bad debt: Morrison

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stori...ng-changes.html

Another gem from this out of touch mob of parasites.

So Good Debt = Andani for example

So Bad debt = Bad Australians. Those Aussies who claim pensions and Medicare?

#1422393 - 27/04/2017 18:57 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Mega Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
Liberal debt = good debt
Labor debt = bad debt

#1422394 - 27/04/2017 19:16 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Brett Guy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
I would say there is no such thing as 'good debt' but there is certainly some debt that is better than others. And that is debt that is used to create income. Debt that has no possible chance of recouping costs is a very bad idea whichever side is responsible for it.

#1422403 - 27/04/2017 21:41 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
bundybear Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Bundy and Gladstone
Quick question. Who pays roughly $120 an hour for a house cleaner?
Answer below

Taxpayers. That is who. And not for Malcolm's place.

It has come to my attention that these very large 'care providers' are providing mostly govt funded care to the elderly/disabled. Sounds good doesn't it. Until you realise they don't have local staff and are sending staff an hour away to service the need. Still sounds good?

These workers are on a pay scale of roughly $30 an hour (for an unqualified care assistant to do housework and could be higher if they have nursing qualifications or such) including super. So they travel 2 hours to service and return. $60. The hour work. $30. Of course the business who employs them has to have a cut and I would guesstimate it at another $10 an hour. I have no way of knowing as these figures are not available to me.

If using their own vehicle then there could be an extra payment?

Anyone else seeing a similar situation of the pink batts with the govt throwing money willy nilly without concern it is spent wisely?

Please in no way think that I do not believe the elderly/genuinely disabled don't deserve the help they need. There is a better way of providing the same assistance at a much reduced cost.

That is by the govt demanding that these service providers must employ staff local to the people they are servicing. No more wasting money on travel for workers. Home assistance workers do not need nursing degrees to clean. They don't need to be chefs to cook a meal if required.

If you have elderly/disabled people in your life who have been assessed as needing a care package please be aware of this quick depletion of the money available to them. They may be paying over a $100 an hour out of their 'entitlement' for a house cleaner. So if the govt have kicked in $4000 for their care needs they may get 40 hours of house cleaning, an hour a week for less than a year. If the company they use to provide that service employs local people who are not paid 2 hours travel each time then they might get their house cleaned weekly as well as their shopping done for them for the whole year and maybe even be taken to the doctor a few times.

#1422405 - 27/04/2017 22:58 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Steve777 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
Five excuses for everything: The Five Excuses

#1422412 - 28/04/2017 08:40 Re: Australian Politics [Re: bundybear]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: bundybear
Quick question. Who pays roughly $120 an hour for a house cleaner?
Answer below

Taxpayers. That is who. And not for Malcolm's place.

It has come to my attention that these very large 'care providers' are providing mostly govt funded care to the elderly/disabled. Sounds good doesn't it. Until you realise they don't have local staff and are sending staff an hour away to service the need. Still sounds good?

These workers are on a pay scale of roughly $30 an hour (for an unqualified care assistant to do housework and could be higher if they have nursing qualifications or such) including super. So they travel 2 hours to service and return. $60. The hour work. $30. Of course the business who employs them has to have a cut and I would guesstimate it at another $10 an hour. I have no way of knowing as these figures are not available to me.

If using their own vehicle then there could be an extra payment?

Anyone else seeing a similar situation of the pink batts with the govt throwing money willy nilly without concern it is spent wisely?

Please in no way think that I do not believe the elderly/genuinely disabled don't deserve the help they need. There is a better way of providing the same assistance at a much reduced cost.

That is by the govt demanding that these service providers must employ staff local to the people they are servicing. No more wasting money on travel for workers. Home assistance workers do not need nursing degrees to clean. They don't need to be chefs to cook a meal if required.

If you have elderly/disabled people in your life who have been assessed as needing a care package please be aware of this quick depletion of the money available to them. They may be paying over a $100 an hour out of their 'entitlement' for a house cleaner. So if the govt have kicked in $4000 for their care needs they may get 40 hours of house cleaning, an hour a week for less than a year. If the company they use to provide that service employs local people who are not paid 2 hours travel each time then they might get their house cleaned weekly as well as their shopping done for them for the whole year and maybe even be taken to the doctor a few times.

The simple fact is governments prefer to engage private companies at 2x to 3X the cost , rather than hire permanent employees.

#1422464 - 28/04/2017 20:29 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Markus Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Clare, SA
Wow, less than a few weeks and the invasive metadata retention nonsense already being abused without consequence...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...ant?CMP=soc_567

http://markdawsonphoto.wordpress.com/

#1422466 - 28/04/2017 20:45 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Markus]
bundybear Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Bundy and Gladstone
Originally Posted By: Markus
Wow, less than a few weeks and the invasive metadata retention nonsense already being abused without consequence...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...ant?CMP=soc_567

Which is why I hop around the globe. wink

#1422507 - 29/04/2017 18:56 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Steve777 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
Has Mike Carlton hacked NewsCorp Australia's database?

Instructions to the Editor of The Australian:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeCarlton01/status/858201081146298368/photo/1

#1422509 - 29/04/2017 20:45 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Seira Offline

Loc: Adelaide Hills.
Maybe the federal government could invest some time and resources into making sure the news we receive about the world really is what is claimed. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but if people are going to [strongly] trust in the west-minister system [as it is functioning now], it requires hard facts, not bullshit. I don't really care how obvious that idea might seem...maybe it will be gathering dust a year for now (something I think is worth giggling about smile ).

Edited by Seira (29/04/2017 20:46)

#1422607 - 01/05/2017 19:23 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Wild Wassa Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: NW ACT
Keep the Red Flag flying ... Happy May Day Comrades!

Warren.

Edited by Wild Wassa (01/05/2017 19:25)

#1422610 - 01/05/2017 20:39 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Wild Wassa]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Maffra & the Mountains...
Originally Posted By: Wild Wassa
Keep the Red Flag flying ... Happy May Day Comrades!

Warren.

Lol WW grin

Sounds along those lines.
Rain 2016-753.5mm.J-173mmF-5mmM-66mmA-32.5mmM-24mmJ-88mmJ-143mmA-17.5mmS-89.5mmO-53.5mmNov-61.5mmDec-26mmTOTAL 2016 - 779.5MM Rain 2017.Jan-9.5mmFeb-23mmMarch-49mmApril-40mmMay-12mmJune-12mmJuly-15mm Aug-36.5mm Sept-26mm Oct-87mm Nov-13.5mm to 0700 18th

#1422629 - 02/05/2017 10:28 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Budget 2017: University students set to face higher fees as part of Government shake-up

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-01/un...hake-up/8487564

How to Dumb Down the Clever Country

I am really scared in the direction this mob are taking us.

In 20-30 years time we will be the dumb country. Few engineers, few scientists, let along physicists or mathematicians.

We will be a country a lawyers, bankers and CEO's

Why?

Raising University fees will just leave ordinary young Aussies (the ones that do not have Daddy and Mummy paying) to opt for the cheaper courses. Nursing and teaching will be the fall-back option for many, at the expense of the scientific streams.

Children of privilege parents and well off will want their children to peruse similar paths to themselves - a company CEO or Banker ( The more expensive Economics, Business degrees), Lawyers or even Politics.

#1422630 - 02/05/2017 10:29 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Seira]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Seira
Maybe the federal government could invest some time and resources into making sure the news we receive about the world really is what is claimed.

They cannot do it with their own politics - take detention centres as an example.

#1422631 - 02/05/2017 10:40 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ozthunder]
ColdFront Offline

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach
Originally Posted By: ozthunder
Originally Posted By: Seira
Maybe the federal government could invest some time and resources into making sure the news we receive about the world really is what is claimed.

They cannot do it with their own politics - take detention centres as an example.

Nor their fiddling with debt data.

#1422632 - 02/05/2017 10:50 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ozthunder]
Wave Rider Offline

Loc: Wollongong and Berrima NSW

Raising University fees will just leave ordinary young Aussies (the ones that do not have Daddy and Mummy paying) to opt for the cheaper courses.

Yeah people like me, but I'm already doing a science degree. It's absolute BS, Uni already is expensive enough like I will be in around 50k of debt by the end of my degree. I'm really questioning whether the government actually want people to get a higher education? Sometimes I question whether it will be worth paying so much to not even be guaranteed a job. It is obvious to me now that the Universities are nothing but businesses that make an absolute [censored] load of money. We students are just customers.

Time for a Labor government I think evillaugh

Edited by Wave Rider (02/05/2017 10:58)

2017-18 storm total= 5
Oct 25th
Nov 6th(3), 17th

#1422639 - 02/05/2017 11:40 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Markus Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Yep you have it figured out wave rider. Took me until my last year to figure out they only push you into uni out of school to feed money into unis and get us into debt asap.

Knew of an extremely intelligent guy who did a phd is some bio-chemistry related field from memory and did very well. Well one year and about 200 job applications later from throughout the country and he landed 3 interviews for which he got no job offers. He had to fly across the country for these interviews as well. Science is dead in this country and the government don't give a [censored].

I can see why they're lowering the threshold for paying back debt...50% (a wild guess, it seems like a lot!) of people out of uni these days can't even find a job that pays the 53k I think it is. They end up working for any minimum wage job they can find because not only do they have debt, they've also got no money after years of uni associated poverty. I reckon they'll get rid of the payment free threshold eventually.

Could be worse I guess, could be America *cringe*

#1422643 - 02/05/2017 12:24 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Markus]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

..actually New York state has made several university's fee free for students with parents income <$125K. They are not the first state either, forget the other one.

#1422645 - 02/05/2017 12:50 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Markus]
Wild Wassa Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: NW ACT

Marcus, G'day.

Are you particularly speaking of the imbecile with the bouffant? Trump announced that his first 100 days in office was the most successful first 100 days in office ever. If only hubris could kill.

Well it is the most successful first 100 days for the top 0.2% of the US's most wealthy individuals. The Walton Family are to receive a tax break of 56 billion a year, the Koch brothers 38 billion, the Adleston Family amongst several others also get billions in tax relief. Unfortunately the Trump Family only receive a tax reduction of 3.5 billion, all while serious cuts have been made to education, social security and housing assistance programmes.

Also, the Dakota Access Pipeline project is to cross the Standing Rock Sioux's land. The concerns about the elevated pipeline over the Sioux's only water supply, the Delaware River, caused Obama to stop the project. Concerns of possible pollution destroying the Sioux's water supply has been huge.

Well, the imbecile rescinded Obama's decree, and as you might know the project is back on. Just by chance Trump has stocks in the Sunoco company who are building the pipeline? Trump's comment was that Sunoco are a fantastic and absolutely reliable company and he could see no reason to halt the pipeline.

Just a short while ago, today, it has been reported that Sunoco had a 2 million gallon (758,000 lts), drilling oil spill in the protected Ohio Wetlands.

The protest still go on.

Warren.

Edited by Wild Wassa (02/05/2017 12:59)

#1422651 - 02/05/2017 13:37 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Wild Wassa]
Markus Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

..actually New York state has made several university's fee free for students with parents income <$125K. They are not the first state either, forget the other one.

Thanks ozthunder. I wasn't aware of that actually but it's a great initiative! Most of my experience of the American university situation comes from online reading of personal experiences...the amount of debt some poor buggers have over there is simply astonishing.

I think over there you must start paying off your loan after 6 months, get charged late fees if you miss payments and the debts are almost never forgiven, even through bankruptcy, you die and the next of kin has to start paying for it! Their student loan debt is over 1 trillion now so I can understand the urgency in getting their money back but hell. You get 'forced' into university by society during an era where degrees guarantee next to nothing in the modern world. If you can't find work afterwards they have you by the balls for life (wage slavery for your entire life really), that's the part that scares me, and the part which makes me grateful for how our student loans work in Australia!

Originally Posted By: Wild Wassa

Marcus, G'day.

Are you particularly speaking of the imbecile with the bouffant? Trump announced that his first 100 days in office was the most successful first 100 days in office ever. If only hubris could kill.

Wasn't talking about him in particular no, but I echo your thoughts. His blatant disregard for any and all environmental related sciences and protections is worrying to say the least.

Page 198 of 245 < 1 2 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 244 245 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Blowin'), 217 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
haras, TheAnt
Forum Stats
29401 Members
32 Forums
23725 Topics
1468908 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image