Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19
Topic Options
#1425779 - 11/06/2017 19:27 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wollongong, NSW
Yeah Homer it would be very tough. Kinda makes me wonder why towns were built in such flood prone areas. I guess there weren't as many floods back in the 1800's.

Lol Eddy nah I haven't been there but I've heard lots about it. Good place for stoners and drunks!! We were possibly going to go there for Schoolies but decided to head south instead.

PS: I meant ASF has probably been to Mt Mittamatite but he's probably been to Byron as well. smile

Edited by Wave Rider (11/06/2017 19:28)

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Feb- 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th(2)
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

The longer you wait for things, the more you appreciate them.

#1425780 - 11/06/2017 19:32 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: gleno71]
DerekHV Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Aberglasslyn (Maitland) NSW
Originally Posted By: gleno71
Originally Posted By: Wave Rider
That's pretty decent Derek. I notice there's been a flood warning issued for Lismore but only for minor flooding thank goodness. It was just a few months ago when they got a major flood.

Fair enough Seira, it was a good explanation. Gleno maybe another event will help you understand. Remember the heat in Jan and Feb? The highs were consistently off Brisbane directing N to NW winds into NSW and that's why it was so hot and dry.

So in short, the dominant wind direction controls the amount of cold pools or heat in an area. It's actually really quite simple when you think of it like that.

Yeah mate was pretty dry in SE QLD when we had that pattern, didn't it give Sydney it's hottest summer on record? It's interesting with the cold pools, because the front's are way down south, so that's why i'm surprised the cold pools are making there way north.

I think all 3 months in summer were close to, or above the respective monthly records, which gave rise to the hottest summer.
Many places also recorded their hottest Feb temps on record, including the Sydney Basin - the hottest Feb temps on record recorded, and 2nd hottest of all time behind Jan 1939. (although Sydney City was spared).
Strangely it did not persist into autumn this year, as usually you get a very hot March as well (at the least), after a hot summer.
In the meantime, obviously we are now in a rainy period, and winter has well and truly arrived on time this year.

#1425786 - 11/06/2017 23:39 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Steve777 Online   content
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
In Sydney, January 2017 was the hottest on record for maxima, minima and monthly mean. December and February were second or third hottest and the three month Summer period was the hottest on record. In late February, Summer dissolved into a warm, wet monsoon, with the warmest March minimum on record but maxima close to average and no particularly hot days. Since early April, it's been slightly above average, which is probably the new average ('til it gets warmer).

Hot Summers don't always stay hot, sometimes they flip into a different pattern. Summer 1990/91 reverted to average in March, followed by a cool Winter. In 2005, a very hot December climaxed with near record temps on News Years Day 2006, with the rest of January being mild and cloudy. Following record heat on 18/1/2013, the rest of Summer was mild with no more hot days on the coast (no more 30+ in Jan or Feb, two low 30+ days at OH in second half of March).

--------

I drove up to the Central Coast today. It was mostly fine, but fairly cloudy, which a shower in the mid afternoon. On the higher parts of the F3 driving up and coming back, it was foggy with light showers.

Edited by Steve777 (11/06/2017 23:40)
Edit Reason: Tidy up

#1425791 - 12/06/2017 07:12 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Weatherzone Addict

Thick fog here. That's actually unusual at this location, close to the 'North Shore Ridge'. The fog normally keeps to the valleys. When I used to get the train to work in the CBD I would often descend into the fog as the train crossed lower ground around Woolstonecraft near the Harbour.

Webcams show Sydney Harbour and the CBD fogbound. That's a sign of a sunny day to come: http://webcamsydney.com/

Edited by Steve777 (12/06/2017 07:14)
Edit Reason: Add link

#1425794 - 12/06/2017 10:22 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
EddyG Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: NSW Port Stephens
No fog here just fully overcast.
Looking like a nice day in Sydney in that link.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddygroot/
YNWA

#1425802 - 12/06/2017 13:57 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Wave Rider Offline

Beautiful day at home and out here at Crookwell. Would be about 12 or 13C with a light westerly breeze.

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

#1425806 - 12/06/2017 14:56 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Wave Rider Offline

Breeze is a bit warmer here at Gunning. smile This is a lovely little place, I thought nothing would be here.

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

#1425808 - 12/06/2017 15:12 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: Wave Rider]
EddyG Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Breeze is a bit warmer here at Gunning. smile This is a lovely little place, I thought nothing would be here.

Hope you have taken some pics along your journey??

Just the one downpour before lunch that delivered a quick fire 4.1mm.
Plenty of activity offshore.
YNWA

#1425816 - 12/06/2017 16:22 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Homer Offline

Loc: Dural
It's been an absolutely gorgeous day here in Sydney town. Hardly seen a cloud all day and the sky has been that pure winter blue.
Far removed from the past week of dank cloudy wet weather.
I could see the Cu towers off the Central Coast earlier from the higher ground at Castle Hill. Looked quite spectacular. It was just distant horizon cloud though.
Didn't quite reach 17 deg's here today. 16.8 to be precise.

The low sun in the sky around 1 pm shining through the deciduous trees while I was driving around the Hills District showed off the remaining autumn colours spectacularly!

Edited by Homer (12/06/2017 16:24)

#1425826 - 12/06/2017 18:06 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: EddyG]
Wave Rider Offline

Originally Posted By: EddyG

Hope you have taken some pics along your journey??

Of course!! grin
Will try to share them tonight but I'm having laptop issues so we'll see.

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

#1425839 - 12/06/2017 22:33 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Weatherzone Addict

After a damp, foggy start, it was a beautiful day. Lane Cove National Park is a bit damp but beautiful. The River was still flowing a few centimeters over the weir, while Riverside Falls was still flowing, even though there's only been about 7 mm of rain in the previous 48 hours.

Here is the North Shore's Big Muddy, a.k.a. the Lane Cove River, this morning:

Lane Cove River by Steve, on Flickr

Here's another view near the river bank a bit upstream:

[url=[url=https://flic.kr/p/VHHsCx][/url]Lane Cove National Park by Steve, on Flickr]Lane Cove National Park[/url]

If it stays clear, it looks like there'll be another thick fog tomorrow. There's probably already fog in Sydney's West, with humidity in the high 90s.

#1425841 - 12/06/2017 23:18 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
Wave Rider Offline

Nice pics Steve, the colour of the water contrasting with the sky is very interesting.

Oct- 21st
Nov- 9th, 28th
Jan- 24th
Mar- 13th, 16th, 22nd
Apr- 9th, 26th
May- 24th

#1425855 - 13/06/2017 09:11 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
EddyG Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Nice pics Steve777, it would be nice to see a clean clear blue sky, something that we haven't seen here since May.
Some more showers overnight, 11.4mm to 9am this morning.

Mostly cloudy this morning, can see some breaks in the sky southwards, quite mild as well with this southeaster blowing, currently 17.7c.
YNWA

#1425889 - 13/06/2017 14:16 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: Wave Rider]
Rsav Offline
Cloud Gazer

Yeah Homer it would be very tough. Kinda makes me wonder why towns were built in such flood prone areas. I guess there weren't as many floods back in the 1800's.

Towns were probably built on rivers because rivers were the only available means of transport for the first European settlers. Before roads and railways were built the only means of access was by boat along the rivers.

#1425895 - 13/06/2017 14:48 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
DaveM Offline

Loc: Bathurst NSW about 700 m asl
Also because there were no municipal water systems back then - if you wanted water - you had to be near it smile

At times, you became too near it or IN it.

Most towns are built on a watercourse, especially inland. smile

Orange being a bit of an exception, having been built on a limited water supply of quite small creeks, obviously it was enough for a small village back then but not enough to cope with it's modern size smile

#1426303 - 19/06/2017 23:58 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
aussiestormfreak Offline

Loc: Melbourne (Belgrave); Corryong...
Pardon my prolonged absence, I've been far busier than usual lately! I arrived back home in Melbourne from Corryong last Monday night, so it's time for me to start catching up on my weather reports lol. smile

Here's my report for Sunday June 11th 2017...

My dad and I left Corryong at about for a day trip to visit some of his relatives in Cobram/Barooga further downstream on the Murray River, having moved there from Melbourne a few months beforehand; my mum and sister stayed behind.

Except for the Bandiana Link, the Albury/Wodonga-Barnawartha North leg of the M31 Hume Freeway (Melbourne-Sydney), and for a slight detour around the outskirts of Rutherglen (due to a couple of events in town), it was a fairly good run west along the Murray Valley Highway. The drive lasted about 3 hours; we left Corryong at about 10:30am and reached our destination around 1:30pm, in plenty of time of lunch! No stops along the way but ah well. smile

The return journey took roughly 3.5 hours, departing Cobram/Barooga at roughly 6:15pm and arriving back in Corryong around 9:15pm, with dinner in Albury/Wodonga at about 8pm.

Weatherwise, it was a day with a split personality!

The Upper Murray region was enveloped in a heavy fog blanket that kept temperatures around 5C, even in the town of Corryong itself when my dad and I left! eek

The fog lasted as far as Berringama, but then started breaking up and cleared completely as we climbed up to Shelley and Koetong, leaving us with mostly sunny skies and fast-warming temperatures that spiked above 10C. smile

The fog returned around Bullioh, but at nearby Tallangatta it cleared yet again.

I did notice some mid-level cloud away north beyond Table Top (as a result of last weekend's ECL in NSW/ACT) as drove towards Albury/Wodonga, and it was a bit hazy too. Otherwise it was a beautiful winter's day! smile

By the time we reached Albury/Wodonga (just before noon) it was around 13C. Around 30 minutes later in Rutherglen it was about 16C, and by mid-afternoon in Cobram/Barooga it had warmed to a gloriously mild 18-19C, just warm enough for me to walk around comfortably in a T-shirt! =D

A veil of high cloud swept overhead from the west during the afternoon and cleared off during the evening, but not before creating a beautiful sunset. smile

The drive back at night was also interesting. It stayed around 10C as far as Bundalong (the moon could be seen rising in the east just before we reached Yarrawonga/Mulwala), and then dropped to about 7C to as far as the Border region. Here and there we encountered patchy fog and mist along the Murray Valley Highway.

East of Albury/Wodonga it was mostly clear as far as Tallangatta, with the temperature around 5-6C.

The rest of the way back to Corryong, we encountered increasingly heavy and persistent fog, with temperatures varying between 3-6C, although it briefly dropped to 2C around the Koetong/Shelley area!

According to my mum and sister, the fog did left in Corryong, but there was only a couple of hours worth of sunshine. Otherwise, it was a raw, dank, mostly cloudy day in town! crazy

Minimum and Maximum Temperatures for the day. Source: BOM

Khancoban
0.9C / 12.5C

Corryong
-0.8C / 11.1C

Hunters Hill
4.4C / 10.2C

Hume Weir
3.8C / 13.4C

Albury Airport
1.4C / 16.6C

Rutherglen
-1.4C / 16.3C

Corowa Airport
0.0C / 16.8C

Yarrawonga
1.8C / 17.7C

Tocumwal Airport
2.8C / 18.7C

As a side note, this is one of the few times I've ever done a long-distance road trip through the Murray River Valley; it's very rare for me to venture downstream of Albury/Wodonga! smile

I visited Yarrawonga/Mulwala (and nearby Bundalong) way back in September 2012, but only for a day trip from Melbourne, and only for a family reunion.

Otherwise, I last travelled along the Murray River way back in July 2012 when my family and I drove from Melbourne to Corryong. We dropped into Shepparton for a funeral, then continued north to Tocumwal, and then east along the NSW side of the river to Albury/Wodonga (and then onto Corryong), stopping briefly in Barooga (not Cobram) and for afternoon tea at Corowa (not Wahgunyah). smile

The only other time I did this sort of Murray Valley road trip was way, WAY back in January 2010. My family and I did a round trip from Corryong to Shepparton and back, travelling through Tallangatta, Albury/Wodonga, Wangaratta, and Benalla on the way there. On the return journey, we drove back to Albury/Wodonga and later Corryong via Katamatite, then across the Murray River at Yarrawonga/Mulwala and east along the NSW side through Corowa/Wahgunyah and Howlong (where we had dinner btw).

Last weekend's trip has given we a chance to see yet another tiny but beautiful corner of Victoria, as well as NSW/ACT!! grin

#1426667 - 25/06/2017 23:14 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
aussiestormfreak Offline

My report for Monday June 12th 2017 (Queen's Birthday). I'm FINALLY able to get back on track with my daily weather reports! smile

My family and I left Corryong, Northeast Victoria around 2:30pm, and arrived back home in Melbourne around 9:45pm.

The whole day in Corryong was cold with heavy fog; it was barely 7C when we departed town. And based on Facebook reports from my friends back in the Upper Murray it's a safe bet to say that the fog hung around virtually all day! eek

But 20 minutes down the Murray Valley Highway, at Wabba Gap near Cudgewa, the fog finally started breaking up. Eventually as we made our way through Berringama it gave way to sunny skies (albeit with high cloud), and the temperature rose to 12C in minutes! grin

As we crossed the hills through Shelley and Koetong the high cloud retreated northeast into NSW/ACT. We briefly descended into fog once more on the approach into Bullioh around 3:10pm, but it cleared after a couple of minutes. And aside from smoke haze, plus some isolated fog patches just above the small locality of Old Tallangatta, and a thicker fog blanket over the Mitta Mitta River Valley south of Lake Hume (looking towards Lake Darthmouth and Mount Bogong), we continued to enjoy mostly sunny skies as far as Yackandandah (around 4pm).

A cold front brushing to the south then imported a layer of mid-level cloud that made it as far north as Southern NSW/ACT, according to the satellite imagery. Our first stop was at Beechworth for afternoon tea at 4:15pm. Just before leaving the historic town about 45 minutes later, we were treated to a stunner of a sunset!! =D

Around 5:20pm we joined the M31 Hume Freeway (Melbourne-Sydney) at Wangaratta; it was pitch-dark by the time we arrived in Benalla for dinner around 6pm.

In terms of the route we took our journey home from Corryong was nothing out of the ordinary, except after leaving Benalla we didn't continue back to Melbourne via the Midland Highway through Swanpool and past Lake Nillahcootie to Maindample near Mansfield, then on through Bonnie Doon, Merton, and Yarck to Yea, and finally south down the Melba Highway to the Yarra Valley and Melbourne. No sir!

We ended up doing something we haven't done in years! After assuming we'd be facing heavy traffic coming back from the snowfields and Lake Eildon, we rejoined the southbound lane of the Hume Freeway. We initially intended to only go as far as Seymour and then head back to Melbourne via Yea. But after comparing travel times on Google Maps, we decided to keep going all the way down the Hume from Seymour to the M80 Western/Metropolitan Ring Road in Thomastown. Don't know whether it was made much difference in the end, but hey it worked! smile

The temperature had been fairly consistent at about 12C from Berringama until after leaving Benalla, but the clouds started breaking up and caused the mercury to drop to around 9-10C the rest of the way home.

A few light showers rolled through between Violet Town and Euroa (around 7:30pmish), and we encountered fog in the Seymour/Tallarook area at about 8pm. I did get to see a brief moonrise at Avenel, but clouds rolled back in and made it dark and overcast as we drove south from Seymour.

Around 8:40pm, we re-entered metropolitan Melbourne at Craigieburn. Roughly 10 minutes later, we left the Craigieburn Bypass/Hume Freeway and joined the Ring Road. The last time I can recall using the Thomastown-Seymour leg of the Hume (heading either north or south) was way back in November 2013, while returning from Corryong! Oh how I've missed doing that journey. smile

In years past, whenever my family and I went to Corryong (or Merimbula and/or Canberra, or on day trips to places such as Echuca/Moama, Benalla, or Yarrawonga/Mulwala), we'd usually travel across Melbourne via the Monash and West Gate Freeways (occasionally we'd use Eastlink and the Eastern Freeway instead), followed by Citylink and the Tullamarine Freeway, before joining the Ring Road and then the Hume Freeway from there. This was usually in reverse when coming home of course lol. smile

This time around, we made a left-turn and travelled south through the Greensborough, Heidelberg, and Bulleen areas (we encountered heavy fog while crossing the Yarra River around 9pm) until we arrived onto the Eastern Freeway & Eastlink around 9:15pmish. Roughly 5 minutes later we were on the Burwood Highway heading back towards Belgrave.

Minimum and Maximum Temperatures for the day. Source: BOM

Khancoban
1.5C / 8.1C

Corryong
1.1C / 6.2C

Hunters Hill
4.4C / 10.2C

Hume Weir
3.8C / 13.4C

Albury Airport
1.9C / 15.1C

Wangaratta Airport
0.1C / 15.4C

Benalla Airport
-1.0C / 15.5C

Strathbogie
-1.1C / 14.0C

Seymour
1.0C / 13.8C

Kilmore Gap
5.2C / 12.6C

Melbourne Airport
6.9C / 16.9C

Melbourne Olympic Park
6.0C / 15.9C

Bulleen
5.0C / 16.0C

Scoresby
6.3C / 14.7C

Ferny Creek
7.4C / 10.4C

As a side note, this year I've travelled almost the entire length of the Hume Highway between Melbourne and Sydney, with the exception of the stretch between the Barton Highway Interchange at Yass and the Federal Highway Interchange at Goulburn! smile

Up until then, I had never made it further along the Hume itself than the Barton Highway Interchange of course (whenever travelling to or from Canberra), but I hope to complete the whole journey soon! It's very rare for me to travel up the Hume beyond Albury/Wodonga btw. wink

Lastly, a few slight amendments to my previous post. I just realised I entered in some incorrect weather information for Sunday June 11th 2017. Whoops, my bad, sorry! poke

Here are the corrections...

Hunters Hill
4.7C / 12.6C

Hume Weir
4.5C / 14.8C

Tocumwal Airport
2.6C / 18.7C

#1426716 - 26/06/2017 22:15 Re: NSW - Offshore Low / Coastal Trough, with rain & showers - 6th to 11th June 2017 [Re: stat71]
aussiestormfreak Offline

Originally Posted By: Steve777
Nice pictures ASF. You're getting better weather where you are.

Thanks Steve! The weather when I was in Corryong a fortnight ago was nice and sunny on Saturday June 10th, but the rest of the Queen's Birthday long weekend it was marked mostly by dense fog and low cloud. poke

And Rsav, yes I have been up to Embery's Lookout on Mount Mittamatite at least once before, back on a nice sunny day in July 2009. Good thing the Kosciuszko range was crowned in snow and the skies overhead were blue. smile

Originally Posted By: EddyG
Originally Posted By: Homer

But not so good for the citizens of Murwillumbah, Lismore, Grafton et al.

I bet ASF has been there, 'cause he's been everywhere man!!

WR Have you been to Byron Bay before, if not you should, good for a young party animal like yourself!! poke

Hopefully that amount of rain is confined to the coast.

Lol yes WR, sorry I didn't respond sooner... it would seem that "I've been everywhere man", especially across Victoria and NSW/ACT hahaha! grin

Alas it's not the case; I haven't even be to Byron Bay unfortunately. But the NSW North Coast, including Murwillumbah, Lismore, Grafton, Byron Bay, etc is in my sights. smile

Not including any regions I've flown over when travelling between Melbourne, Sydney, the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Fiji, and USA, below is a description of my travels across NSW/ACT, which I've done either alone or with family, friends, and/or my fiancee! smile

Because of my regular trips to Corryong, Northeast Victoria my travels north of the Murray River usually only take me to Albury/Wodonga and east to Lake Hume Village, as well as further upstream into the Upper Murray to Jingellic and east to Tumbarumba, Tooma and Khancoban.

From there the range of travel spreads east into the southern half of the Snowy Mountains, including Thredbo, Crackenback, Mount Kosciuszko, Charlotte Pass, Guthega, Cabramurra, the Selwyn Snowfields, Kiandra, Yarrangobilly, Adaminaby, Lake Eucumbene, and Jindabyne. But I've also been north to Laurel Hill, Batlow, Adelong, Talbingo, and Tumut, and south along the Barry Way through the Snowy River Valley.

A few times while at Corryong I've been through Holbrook and Kyeamba to Wagga Wagga.

And because of my trips to Merimbula, the range has been expanded southeast across the Monaro Plains through Cooma, Nimmitabel, Dalgety, and Bombala onto the South Coast. Aside from Merimbula itself, over time I've visited places from Boydtown, Eden, Pambula, Lochiel, Wyndham, Bega, Bemboka, Tura Beach, Tathra, Bermagui, Cobargo, Tilba Tilba & Central Tilba, Narooma, Bodalla, Moruya, and Batemans Bay to Ulladulla.

I've travelled to Canberra and Sydney, 10 times and 7 times respectively; the first two times in Sydney were while in transit between Melbourne and the USA in 1988 btw.

Over time, my visits to Canberra have included visits to surrounding suburban and rural areas of the ACT such as Gungahlin, Belconnen, Tuggeranong, Tidbinbilla, and Corin Forest. Usually I'll also visit or at least pass through some of the towns scattered along the M31 Hume Highway (Melbourne-Sydney) between the VIC/NSW Border and the Capital - depending on whether I'm travelling between Canberra and Melbourne or Corryong - such as Holbrook, Kyeamba, Tarcutta, Gundagai, Jugiong, Yass, and Murrumbateman. When approaching the Capital from Lake Eucumbene or Merimbula, we've drive up/down the Monaro Highway, including Cooma, Bredbo and Michelago.

Trips to Sydney are usually confined to the City, Sydney Harbour (including the Opera House and Harbour Bridge), Darling Harbour, Sydney Airport, and as far west as Homebush, Lidcombe, Merrylands and Parramatta. But over the years, I've encompassed large parts of the Botany Bay area including Kurnell, Brighton-Le-Sands and La Perouse, as well as Sydney's Southern and Northern Beaches (including Maroubra, Coogee, Bondi, Rose Bay, Vauclause, Watsons Bay, Manly, Narrabeen, and Palm Beach). I've also been through North Sydney, down to Campbelltown, and across Greater Western Sydney - including Liverpool, Bankstown, Blacktown, Seven Hills, Penrith, Richmond and Windsor - to the Blue Mountains, including Leura and Katoomba.

Over the years, that range has grown in size tremendously!

On a few occasions I've driven along stretches of the Murray River between Albury/Wodonga and Tocumwal. On the NSW side, I've visited Tocumwal, Barooga, Mulwala, Corowa, and Howlong.

In January 2013, while coming back into Australia from Fiji, I ended up taking a bus from Sydney down to Merimbula (then onto Corryong and Melbourne). This gave me the opportunity to see the Illawarra, including Wollongong, Port Kembla, Shellharbour, Kiama and Nowra.

Coming back by train from Sydney in June 2015, I passed through the Southern Highlands (including Mittagong, Bowral and Moss Vale), Goulburn, Gunning, then on through Yass along the Burley Griffith Way and Olympic Highway (including Harden/Murrumburrah, Wallendbeen, Cootamundra, Junee, Wagga Wagga, Uranquinty, The Rock, Yerong Creek, Henty, and Culcairn) to Albury/Wodonga, then by car to Melbourne.

Last summer, I completed my epic Melbourne-Sydney road tripped by travelling north up the Federal Highway from Canberra past Lake Gorge and Collector, then onto the Hume Highway past Goulburn and through the Southern Highlands, stopping at Marulan and Pheasants Nest before reaching Sydney. I also ended up driving north up the M1 Pacific Motorway through the Central Coast to Newcastle! smile

I've also been along the NSW stretch of the Sturt Highway between Mildura and Robinvale in 1998 (while returning home from Adelaide); a few times to Moama (just across the Murray River from Echuca); and once to Tweed Heads while visiting Queensland (the Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Whitsunday Islands) for the first time back in 2007. smile

There ya have it! This shows my exhaustive travels across the only other Australian State & Territory I visit the most outside Victoria. Of course it's mostly to Southeast NSW/ACT, with the exception of Sydney. smile

Looking forward to returning north of the Murray River again one day soon! Take care guys! wink

Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19

Who's Online
9 registered (Kino, Popeye, Mad Elf #1.5, Coxy, Steve777, BongWater, Kangaroo, rainiac, 1 invisible), 294 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Andrew GM, frazzel12
Forum Stats
29370 Members
32 Forums
23685 Topics
1462439 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image