Page 138 of 138 < 1 2 ... 136 137 138
Topic Options
#1466454 - 26/06/2018 09:03 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wynnum SE Brisbane
On average casscadia ruptures every 300 years. It is currently well over 300 years as the last one occurred January 26th 1700

#1466525 - 27/06/2018 09:46 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
batty Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Finch Hatton Gorge
Originally Posted By: tsunami
On average casscadia ruptures every 300 years. It is currently well over 300 years as the last one occurred January 26th 1700

yes I saw that documented research too up in Oregon sediment samples taken from inland swamps proved this theory.

#1466568 - 27/06/2018 17:28 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
BIG T Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Albany Creek , QLD
Well it needs to behave a while longer. I am going back next year in June , July. Itís a beautiful coastline , be a mind blowing event if it letís go in my lifetime. Hope it doesnít. As progress over there just ploughs ahead no matter the risk.

#1466652 - 28/06/2018 22:41 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Central Adelaide Hills
Might want to check that 300-year average smile ...not quite sure about it.

Edited by Seira (28/06/2018 22:42)

#1466659 - 29/06/2018 06:47 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
batty Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Finch Hatton Gorge
information found here

Cascadia fault----->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47jlCYhqm4Q&t=14s

#1466689 - 29/06/2018 23:21 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Central Adelaide Hills
Hi batty smile ,

Thanks for the link.

Edited by Seira (29/06/2018 23:24)

#1467009 - 06/07/2018 21:21 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Seira]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi finally folks.

Very interesting video batty. Very informative.

Interesting night too. One large meteorite zoomed west to east about an hour ago [or less]. Must have been pretty close, as it looked bigger than a shooting star. And I have noticed ribbed clouds currently east of Anglesea - offshore [Bass Strait] - due south of Geelong.

Have missed a fair bit of the EQ activity in the last week, but was aware of the fairly quick succession of quakes in the west of the Pacific - particularly around Japan and the Philippines.

I knew PNG would come up with some quakes, and was going to post what I thought a couple of days ago until my computer mucked up - now replaced. I get a feeling we may see an M6 east or NE of Australia, near the islands of the Pacific.

I also get a bit of a feeling that in the far NE of the Indian Ocean, we may see a moderately larger quake there - somewhere associated with the Bay of Bengal.

Britain has had a tremor - which I think marries into the recent activity of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge behaviours.

The 'ear' in the western Pacific has been and is behaving as I recently said it may - around the Pacific Islands.

Hawaii is still rumbling along with predictable M5's volcanic explosions. Sinkholes are starting to show up in the ground here and there, the latest near Kona.

Kamchatka is rocking along and I feel the energy producing these quakes may translate into Japan's activity and help produce an M6'ish.

The Adriatic Sea may feel an M4'ish. As may somewhere near or around Crete. For some reason the name Islamabad id sticking in my 'sight' atm.. As well as the Black Sea. May mean nothing.

Pinch-of-salt with all I say - I could be wrong folks.

There are other quakes and tremors, as always, that come up or have occurred, but I've only mentioned a few areas for now.

For now, Duck.

#1467450 - 16/07/2018 21:23 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi folks.

Australia, in the last week, has come into another round of tremor activity, particularly WA, SA and NSW. Vic came into the picture just before the 7 days [ago]. So, the southern half of the continent has been the main focus of tremor activity till now. Soe more will pop up here and there.

The NE of the Indian Ocean came up with the EQ's I was anticipating.

The SW of the Indian Ocean came up with a quake, which was then followed on by a larger quake in the NW of the Indian Ocean region. The Indian Ocean doesn't come up that often with quakes, even though it has a history like the other oceans. Considering there have been a few in the last week, it may indicate there could be another to come up somewhere. Maybe near Mayotte or inland of Africa - near Tanzania or Sth Africa...????

New Zealand has seen a couple of moderate quakes. One occurred while I was talking to a friend in Christchurch. Nerves were a little on edge as the memories of Christchurch's devastating quake came immediately to mind. Cook Strait has missed tremor activity of M3 or more currently [to the best of my knowledge - without checking facts yet]. But a tremor may come up in the near future and/or somewhere in relation to the lower parts of the South Island.

Poor old Big Island, Hawaii, will not let up with tremoring, leading up to those predictable M5+ volcanic explosions. Apparently a new small 'island' in building in the sea south of Big Island, where the main lava flow is entering the sea. This 'island' is spewing its own lava near a central point of this new outcrop [in the sea].

Alaska has been receiving numerous small and medium tremors lately - more than usual I think. The west coastal regions of the U.S. are also seeing what looks like raised numbers of tremors near the coast and inland in a vast region/s. The central/eastern side of the U.S. is reasonably active too.

I get a feeling China, well inland, may come up with an M6 -could be wrong.
Easter Island may too - could be wrong.

For now, Duck.

Page 138 of 138 < 1 2 ... 136 137 138

Who's Online
4 registered (Kino, Lee@Hazo, Steve777, Perfect Storm), 230 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Aza1987, Dominic, NoRelationToNed, potato, Radar05
Forum Stats
29612 Members
32 Forums
23933 Topics
1494522 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image