Page 1411 of 1415 < 1 2 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 >
Topic Options
#1464415 - 27/05/2018 19:34 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Adelaide Hills
Rain/showers on the way over the next few days. For those curious...enjoy smile !

#1464434 - 28/05/2018 09:44 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
HillsStorm Offline
Cloud Gazer

Not much in it, weaken system now and most slide under Kangaroo Island, we get 1-2mm that all.
Might see few storm East of Ranges, more like Easter border.

Boring weather yes atm, look mu h better 1-2weeks watch haha

Bye!

#1464452 - 28/05/2018 15:20 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
parklife Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Hazelwood Park
Bureau has issues a Sever Weather Warning for Damaging Winds

For people in Adelaide Metropolitan, Mount Lofty Ranges, Lower Eyre Peninsula, Kangaroo Island, Lower South East and parts of West Coast, Yorke Peninsula and Upper South East districts.

Issued at 1:30 pm Monday, 28 May 2018.
Weather Situation: A band of showers and thunderstorms associated with a cold front is expected to move across Eyre Peninsula this afternoon, and reaching the Adelaide area and the South East this evening. A deepening low pressure system over the Bight is forecast to track south of Kangaroo Island overnight.
Localised damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h may occur in the warning area, as the cold front and band of showers and thunderstorms moves through. Locations which may be affected include Coffin Bay, Port Lincoln, Kingscote, Victor Harbor, Robe and Mount Gambier.
Following the cold front, strong and gusty northwest to westerly winds will persist across southern districts. These winds may become locally damaging, averaging 40-65 km/h with gusts of 90-100 km/h, south of roughly Port Lincoln to Minlaton to Strathalbyn to Naracoorte, for a period between this evening and Tuesday morning. Coastal areas and elevated ground are more likely to be affected.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees;
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while conditions are severe.

The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 pm ACST Monday.

#1464457 - 28/05/2018 16:47 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
HillsStorm Offline
Cloud Gazer

Massive storm East ranges, I said bee4.. Forum dead anyway, non point posting, don't listen.

Bye!

#1464458 - 28/05/2018 16:54 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
HillsStorm Offline
Cloud Gazer

Bureau of Met. Lost plot!
Latest forecast oh so funny. We not get more than 2mm in Adelaide next 3days.what drug they on re storm an hail shower?? Bad bad forecast and now they will look silly as will news reader hahahaha!

Ye! Hahaha

#1464462 - 28/05/2018 18:50 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
parklife Offline
Weather Freak

Updated
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Adelaide Metropolitan, Mount Lofty Ranges, Kangaroo Island, Lower South East and parts of Lower Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula and Upper South East districts.

Issued at 4:56 pm Monday, 28 May 2018.
Weather Situation: A band of showers and thunderstorms associated with a cold front, located over western Kangaroo Island at 5 pm, is moving east and expected to reach the Adelaide area and the South East this evening. A deepening low pressure system over the Bight is forecast to track south of Kangaroo Island overnight.
Localised damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h may occur in the warning area, as the cold front and band of showers and thunderstorms moves through. Locations which may be affected include Kingscote, Victor Harbor, Robe and Mount Gambier.
Following the cold front, strong and gusty northwest to westerly winds will persist across southern districts. These winds may become locally damaging, averaging 40-65 km/h with gusts of 90-100 km/h, south of roughly Port Lincoln to Minlaton to Strathalbyn to Naracoorte, for a period between this evening and Tuesday morning. Coastal areas and elevated ground are more likely to be affected.
Winds gusts up to 80 km/h were recorded at Port Lincoln Airport and Cape Borda.
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees;
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while conditions are severe.

The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 pm ACST Monday.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Riverland, Murraylands and Upper South East districts.

Issued at 3:39 pm Monday, 28 May 2018.
Thunderstorms are occurring in parts of the warning area. Some of these may produce damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Waikerie, Renmark, Loxton, Lameroo and Keith.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.

The next warning is due to be issued by 6:40 pm.

Edited by parklife (28/05/2018 18:51)
Edit Reason: Missed top part of text for SWW

#1464463 - 28/05/2018 18:55 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
parklife Offline
Weather Freak

Bit of thunder about and some showers now developing.

#1464486 - 29/05/2018 12:05 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
puddles Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Reynella, SA
Frequent showers, some heavy. Feeling progressively more cold. Expecting hail at any time from now in the southern burbs. Radar indicates heavy showers just north and just south of Reynella. Do I have the force field here at my place? frown

Edited by puddles (29/05/2018 12:07)

#1464487 - 29/05/2018 12:08 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
puddles Offline
Weather Freak

Hardly anyone posting here now! How come?

#1464500 - 29/05/2018 16:32 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
paisley Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Magill campus Uni SA (w) & Fir...
Im assuming everyone has jumped ship to Farcebook.

P

#1464501 - 29/05/2018 16:45 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
HillsStorm Offline
Cloud Gazer

Yeah, dead forum, not gone to Facebook. More like reason of boring weather. One shower here there, weak boring system.. 0.8mm total here since first spots 9oclock last night. Very isolated.

#1464502 - 29/05/2018 16:49 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
HillsStorm Offline
Cloud Gazer

See Facebook group, think it South Australia Weather, not really group, owners post forecast copy%paste from bureau then followers comment. Not like here where you have own say. Guess it created big head in here, not sure.

Bye.

Edited by HillsStorm (29/05/2018 16:50)

#1464503 - 29/05/2018 16:58 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Bergasms Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: South Plympton, Adelaide, Aus
We have had [censored] weather for such a long time that it's hard to get excited to come and talk. Even the current system was awesome... over the hills.

Also, it's way easier to post images for most people on facebook, which is probably the biggest drawcard.

anyway, pity this current cold pool isn't a bit chillier. Down to about 6 degrees on lofty which is nice.

#1464521 - 29/05/2018 19:06 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Bergasms]
betsuin Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Magill, Adelaide
Originally Posted By: Bergasms

Also, it's way easier to post images for most people on facebook, which is probably the biggest drawcard.

Here ya go:

I use https://imgur.com/ which is free - the ToS when I first joined had what I wanted, probably should check them again.. Be surprised if they are worse than FB.

Getting that image above ready took maybe 30sec including typing, logging in, yada yada ... NHAA ;-)

PS: A bit of weather! Bring it on - sure has been rather bat-[censored] boring - gads!!

Edited by betsuin (29/05/2018 19:08)

#1464540 - 29/05/2018 23:18 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Loc: Seaford Meadows, SA
Got plenty of hail here this afternoon in a particularly lashing shower!

TS cool

#1464541 - 29/05/2018 23:32 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
StormCapture Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Uleybury
10mm for the event, 57MTD, 105 for the year, worst start ever to the year on record

4mm from the storms last night, 2mm from the front and remaining 4mm from some showers earlier today

#1464551 - 30/05/2018 01:12 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Markus Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Clare, SA
lucked out here. 7mm from the rainband, 5.5mm in about as many minutes from last nights awesome storms then 4.5mm and hail in a very localised short sharp coldie today.

17mm total. unexpected and am now above May average

http://markdawsonphoto.wordpress.com/

#1464552 - 30/05/2018 03:33 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: paisley]
ThD Ht Offline
Weatherzone ratbag

Loc: Reynella, S.A.
Originally Posted By: puddles
Hardly anyone posting here now! How come?

Originally Posted By: paisley
Im assuming everyone has jumped ship to Farcebook.

it sounds like you may not have been there to check for
yourself. i have never been to facebook and at this stage
have no intention of ever voluntarily going there...ever.
so i can say for certain 'not everyone' has gone to facebook.
in my opinion it's because of someone who's as exciting as
watching pitch drip through a funnel preferring to have
sterile hospital grade on topic conversation that's as
interesting and vibrant as a bankrupt morgue.
and prolly lots of others as well. thats the way it goes.
a case of get a degree in civil engineering.
the weather's as interesting as what one makes it, in my
opinion there are quiet times and busy times but because
of the variability and often unpredictability for me never
boring. there's only one thing boring on this forum and i
can't go there or the jackboot nazis will have my cashews
on toast. lucky for everyone it's only here on the forum,
just imagine how dangerous and debilitating it would be if
there was any vestage of power like this out in the real
world. history provides many examples to reflect on.
the reason i crawled under my rock was because JE copped a
bullet to the back of the head for no other reason than
vindictive spite.
and not only that....."(CRACK)"...@#$%...damnit, my soapbox
just caved in. oh well, spose i'll just have to talk about
the weather now.
things have been muddled to say the least, were out of sync
for the polar pulses which have been slicing and dicing WA
to the max, they have been trying to get through but blocking
ridges have been a major party pooper. WAs systems fall away
or get pushed south by the ridge or if one does try to come
at us the ridge holds it down until it gets past and rides
up and bollicks the crap out of victoria and s.e. NSW, all
we're left with are back edge of a cold pool if we're lucky
or usually the crumbs of a southerly fetch and anticyclonic
gloom.
but never fear trendsetters, its early days yet and were only
just dipping our tootsies into winter, the time will come when
them pesky little varmits we call highs will do what the
pigeons do and flock off and the polar pulses will line us
up and kick our asses all the way into next summer.
as with every other year, by the time september comes most of
us will be sick of and well and truly over winter.
as for the short term, another period of relative stability
although late next week could be one to lookout for with a
possible breakdown of the ridge and movement of the longwave
trough across form WA to over us opening the door for
southerly systems to come up at us. all 'possibles' and
'maybes' at this stage but at least something to keep an eye
on.
only 3.5mm out of all of this last lot.

TH

#1464564 - 30/05/2018 09:56 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: betsuin]
Bergasms Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: South Plympton, Adelaide, Aus
Originally Posted By: betsuin

I use https://imgur.com/ which is free - the ToS when I first joined had what I wanted, probably should check them again.. Be surprised if they are worse than FB.

Getting that image above ready took maybe 30sec including typing, logging in, yada yada ... NHAA ;-)

Right, but, you know how to do this from practice. For anyone who was trying to get into things facebook just lets them drop the picture and away it goes. No restrictions on size or format etc.

Honestly as [censored] as facebook is in general it is good enough for closed groups because you can mostly curate the users.

#1464565 - 30/05/2018 10:09 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
puddles Offline
Weather Freak

Well now, that's better smile
I may not post much but I do enjoy reading the the particularly descriptive info provided/suggested. I'm sure there are many like me. It was looking like a ghost town here a couple of days ago. Just looking ahead, there appears to be a substantial event at the end of next week. I know, it can change a lot between now and then however it does give my garden and the farmers something to look forward to.

Edited by puddles (30/05/2018 10:10)
Edit Reason: spelling

Page 1411 of 1415 < 1 2 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 >

Moderator:  Helen, Lindsay Knowles, Markus, teckert 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Ben, Enriquez, Goody, Ken Langdon, msp, Summer?, weather freak
Forum Stats
29654 Members
32 Forums
23961 Topics
1497779 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image