Topic Options
#1473658 - 15/10/2018 05:51 Climate Change discussion is banned??
Mike Hauber Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Buderim
Climate change discussions keep popping up in the climate drivers thread. We have a new thread full of climate change denial - the space weather thread.

Can we either have a thread for discussion of climate change, or actually do something about certain posters who continuously flout the ban on climate change discussions like banning them? Start with a short ban and make the bans much longer for repeat offenders.

#1473809 - 16/10/2018 10:29 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
Raindammit Online   content
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Townsville & Bilyana NQ
Send a PM to the General Forum moderators, or contact admin.

#1473900 - 17/10/2018 00:08 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
marakai Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Maryfarms NQ
Climate change denial ??? Who's denying the climate changes Mike ? For your info NASA seems to take space weather quite seriously, nobody is making you take part in the discussion you seem offended sooo much by and it was out of respect for CF's Climate driver's thread that I opened the Space Weather one.

It may have escaped your attention Mike but not everybody see's climate drivers solely as WWB "anomaly's" leading to El Nino's and not everybody see's models of such as the be all and end all of Climate drivers. Your failure to entertain any other possible alternative should not give you the right to arbitrarily call for the banning or closure of people and thread's that don't fit your sense of reality either.

Jeeeze talk about denial, have you ever even taken a quick look at what is going on recently in the field of space weather? Get your head out of you WWB for once an look around man, talk about petty.

Edited by marakai (17/10/2018 00:09)

#1473902 - 17/10/2018 02:11 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: marakai]
Mega Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
Originally Posted By: marakai
Climate change denial ??? Who's denying the climate changes Mike ? For your info NASA seems to take space weather quite seriously, nobody is making you take part in the discussion you seem offended sooo much by and it was out of respect for CF's Climate driver's thread that I opened the Space Weather one.

It may have escaped your attention Mike but not everybody see's climate drivers solely as WWB "anomaly's" leading to El Nino's and not everybody see's models of such as the be all and end all of Climate drivers. Your failure to entertain any other possible alternative should not give you the right to arbitrarily call for the banning or closure of people and thread's that don't fit your sense of reality either.

Jeeeze talk about denial, have you ever even taken a quick look at what is going on recently in the field of space weather? Get your head out of you WWB for once an look around man, talk about petty.

I think that's an unfair representation of the climate drivers thread to be honest. If you look back through the older ENSO threads over the past 10 or more years you'll see there's a lot more that's been discussed than just WWBs and anomalies. The current thread has derailed of late but I hope it can get back on track again sooner rather than later because I always enjoy reading people's input in there despite which way they swing.

#1473904 - 17/10/2018 06:28 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: marakai]
Mike Hauber Offline
Weatherzone Addict

I can talk about WWB all I like and still be within the rules of the forum.

How is this within the rules of the forum?

This type of thing is not an isolated instance, but has been going on for months.

#1473912 - 17/10/2018 08:28 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
Petros Offline

Loc: Maffra, Central Gippsland, Vi...
I believe the space weather thread was a good idea.

Most of the references posted came with an acknowledgment of AGW bias - forewarned, but not promoted), and were only posted to explain the solar energy inputs to earth that I bet most of us (esp. me) do not fully understand.

Such discussion should be valid for ENSO thread, but causes angst to those who appear to need evidence of constantly recurring Nino - only my opinion. Hence the idea of a separate thread. This should outrage no one imo.

It's sad that agencies like NOA etc cant put up the same material (they watch it like a hawk) ....for some reason.

#1473919 - 17/10/2018 11:07 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
marakai Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Maryfarms NQ
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber

This type of thing is not an isolated instance, but has been going on for months.

Even that is not denying climate change Mike its a link to a story about a scientific paper that questions the greenhouse theory itself.

#1473923 - 17/10/2018 12:12 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
Mike Hauber Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Questioning the greenhouse theory itself is clearly denying climate change. I know I know 'we don't deny climate change - the climate changes all the time. We just deny all climate change that the scientists tell us is going on'

#1473925 - 17/10/2018 13:29 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: marakai]
CeeBee Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber

Even that is not denying climate change Mike its a link to a story about a scientific paper that questions the greenhouse theory itself.

That "scientific paper" has been thoroughly debunked.

https://andthentheresphysics.wordpress.c...e-temperatures/

http://rabett.blogspot.com/2017/08/making-elephant-dance-as-performed-by.html

Next!

#1473932 - 17/10/2018 14:38 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
Locke Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Brisbane
If you want discussion about climate change shut down then simply notify mods of posts that you feel are covering the banned areas (as Raindammit suggested).

Otherwise you might just end simply discussing the same subject that you've suggested others should not be discussing which some might view as either hypocrisy or cognitive dissonance.
This post and any other post by Locke is NOT an official forecast & should not be used as such. It's just my opinion & may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, refer to Australian Bureau of Meteorology products.

#1473944 - 17/10/2018 17:33 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
Petros Offline

Loc: Maffra, Central Gippsland, Vi...
That linked story was about the solar influence on our climate systems - agree you had to sit through a CO2 skeptical sermon first, but it was about the sun.

#1474024 - 18/10/2018 10:19 Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? [Re: Mike Hauber]
snowbooby Offline
Weather Freak

We can all find links to stuff that is suspect. Why make reference to it if you couldn't defend it yourself if required? I think that's a pretty good standard to start with.

Who's Online
12 registered (Mcbobbings, rhizome, lab276, redbucket, FujiWha, justme, WeatherNut96, Raindammit, Funkyseefunkydo, macman, willitrainagain, Wezza), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Bob Johnston, Chowder100, J R Fascnated, Taught
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24025 Topics
1505871 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image