NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 33 of 43 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
#1265924 - 10/06/2014 14:52 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
sparraz Offline
Cloud Gazer

Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak
Part of the global Grass roots campaign....March against Monsanto.

You must mean like this one wink

#1265944 - 10/06/2014 23:05 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: sparraz]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish
Originally Posted By: sparraz
Part of the global Grass roots campaign....March against Monsanto.

You must mean like this one wink

Nah, like this one wink grin

There are plenty of area's that have rallied against the likes of the Big M, on a global scale.

Up to 2 million march against Monsanto

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/26/up_to_2_million_march_against_monsanto/

Originally Posted By: SBT
meanwhile I leave this for you to think about http://nationalreport.net/solar-panels-drain-suns-energy-experts-say/

A little excerpt from the story.....

This week, a scientific research facility in Wyoming made a startling discovery that is certain to change the way millions of Americans look at the environmentalism movement, after they found conclusive evidence that solar panels not only convert the sun’s energy into usable energy, but that they are also draining the sun of its own energy, possibly with catastrophic consequences far worse -

Oh my god, if you believed that rot, you would have to still believe that the earth was flat! who did the study, the coal conglomerates?

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1265952 - 11/06/2014 09:18 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

And we still hear the cries that Herbicides are safe....

One Kent street. Nine babies born with a horrific, rare deformity. And a troubling question... were their mothers poisoned by weedkiller?

Eleven-year-old Courtney Barnes shows me the patchwork of scars that criss-cross her midriff, pushing her tummy button several inches out of place. Her mother, Juliet, smiles proudly. ‘Brave, isn’t she?’ she says, kissing her daughter on the forehead.
Next to her, another mum shows me a picture of her one-day-old son, Leon, lying on his back. His insides protrude from his stomach and are bagged up in a plastic balloon suspended from the roof of his incubator.
Finally, a third mother passes me a photograph of her daughter, Mikka, just after she was born. The girl’s face is beautiful, but the rest of her body, down to her feet almost, is obscured by her intestines. They have grown on the outside of her body.

As shocking as these images may be, they are only the beginning. Six more local families have children who have been cursed with the same congenital deformity. One baby was born just two weeks ago, while another is still in the womb.
You might assume I am at the site of some nuclear disaster — Chernobyl, perhaps — or visiting the aftermath of an environmental catastrophe. But you would be wrong. All nine of these families have lived on, or next to, a single quiet street in leafy Kent.
The children have a condition called gastroschisis, which causes developmental abnormalities of the abdomen while the child is still growing in its mother’s womb.

Children afflicted are born with some or all of their intestines, bowels and, in the case of girls, ovaries, protruding. The results can be corrected, but this can require multiple painful operations, after which sufferers will be on medication for life.
Gastroschisis should affect just one child in 7,000 but here on Waterdales, an unassuming road in Northfleet, any woman who falls pregnant fears her baby may be next. ‘There’s something wrong around here, we just know it,’ says Natalie Margetson, 22, who used to live at number 164.
‘My three-year-old, Leon, was born with the condition and my younger sister, Courtney, was born with it too, 11 years ago. But gastroschisis isn’t hereditary. When I was having my scan and they told me Leon had it, I couldn’t believe it. I called my mum and was crying so hard she thought I’d had a miscarriage.
‘It just seems to go on and on. Last year my best friend Chantelle phoned me to say her scan showed that her baby also had it — that’s me, my mother and my best friend all having children with a condition that’s supposed to affect one child in 7,000.
‘Chantelle was in tears. What can you say to your best friend when you know how tough it’s going to be for her child? I just cried with her.’

Full story.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz34HUSJPw5

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1265958 - 11/06/2014 11:55 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Greg Sorenson]
SBT Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Townsville Dry Tropics
Daily Mail as a source of accurate information. PMSL.
2019 Total 1714mm
2018 Total 822mm

#1265970 - 11/06/2014 16:34 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: SBT]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Daily Mail as a source of accurate information. PMSL.

Unless it suits your agenda at the time of course.... whistle wink

Full links have been removed from the first 3 as they relate to a now closed thread.

#1265973 - 11/06/2014 17:16 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Greg Sorenson]
Seina Offline

Loc: Adelaide Hills
Anyone here heard of Bill Statham's "The Chemical Maze"?

#1266005 - 12/06/2014 10:31 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Farm Weather]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Farm Weather
http://www.stockjournal.com.au/news/agri...se/2700017.aspx

didn't cut and paste but anyone wants to know there was a court case in WA about two farmers one gm one organic

im not here here to troll if your interested in the verdict clik on the link

Further followup....

'No Such Thing As GMO Contamination' Rules Australian Court in Landmark Decision, Rebuffing Organic Activists

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/20...anic-activists/

Now, if this were to be true and the actual case, then i reckon that Monsanto has to hand back all the money that it sued farmers for for "stealing" their genetic material by way of pollen drift onto a neighbouring property/crop.

Hmmm, maybe Australia has set a precedent, where all the farmers previously now wrongly sued as it would seem can now counter sue Monsanto...
evillaugh

#1266006 - 12/06/2014 10:35 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Seina]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: -Cosmic- (naz)

There are quite a number of good reads out there that give the full low down on Chemicals, pharmaceuticals, drug companies,the cancer industry and big biotech companies, but i guess the light bulb has to want to change for people to read them?
Otherwise they just end up stuck in their chemical lifestyle.

#1266038 - 12/06/2014 19:27 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
Seina Offline

There are quite a number of good reads out there that give the full low down on Chemicals, pharmaceuticals, drug companies,the cancer industry and big biotech companies, but i guess the light bulb has to want to change for people to read them?

There might well be a number of good reads out there that give a low down of what you described, but I asked openly (and legitimately) about just one book. Have you heard of it?

#1266186 - 14/06/2014 09:51 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Seina]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

No, i haven't heard of that particular book, but i am sure if it is available in a library or comes to our local library, my wife will borrow it.
She loves reading and is a fountain of knowledge.

#1266260 - 15/06/2014 07:11 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Greg Sorenson]
Happy Birthday pogonantha Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Maadi, Tully area
Here you go Dean..GMO bananas growing just up the road at South Johnstone Research station..I cant wait till they make some square ones or straight ones so they fit into the kids lunchbox easier..

gmo bananas

#1266271 - 15/06/2014 09:30 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: pogonantha]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Yeah, i have actually been there.
I hear that they are going to peel the individual banana's and wrap them in plastic as it is more convenient and kids find it too hard to open them now days! wink evillaugh

After All you have to have the perfect size shape and colour banana don't you? the rest that don't conform to the standards just get disposed of back in the paddock, and how many times have you heard theres a food shortage trotted around?

#1266277 - 15/06/2014 10:42 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Greg Sorenson]
SBT Offline

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24239016/gen...ica/?source=wan

The bananas are already in the USA being tested on humans to see if they work in producing the extra vitamin A. If they pass the testing phase they will be selected, propagated and shipped to Africa in 2020.
2019 Total 1714mm
2018 Total 822mm

#1266304 - 15/06/2014 19:29 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Greg Sorenson]
KevD Offline
Occasional Visitor

Loc: Bellingen NSW 2454
Sorry SBT but totally disagree. ... Do we really believe Africa needs GMO crops that will make it even more dependent on the west and in a position where it can be screwed even more than it has been already. Absolute western scam to make the rich richer and the poor even more subservient. One snippet from an article on GMO bananas in Africa (not this one it should be noted):
"Most genetically modified seeds are patented, requiring farmers to re-purchase them after each planting. This might work for commercial farmers, said Olupot, but Uganda’s subsistence farmers relied on their own seeds. Marketing genetically modified organisms to them could mean trapping them in a system they could not afford, he said." Nuff said.

Edited by Bello Boy (15/06/2014 19:31)

#1266317 - 15/06/2014 22:27 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: KevD]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Like what happened in India Bello Boy, and the like of this.

Monsanto is suing the state of Vermont to block labeling of GMO foods

Just hours ago, the world's most hated corporation got even more evil.

Monsanto and its allies have just announced they're suing the tiny, rural U.S. state of Vermont to stop a new law that simply requires genetically engineered foods to be labeled. In fact, the mere threat of a multi-million dollar lawsuit nearly caused the state to back off the labeling law altogether.

But Vermont is refusing to back down -- and they’re asking for our help. They're getting ready to fight back against Monsanto, and have even created a legal defense fund so people around the world can make donations to help them beat back Monsanto’s lawsuit.
https://action.sumofus.org/a/vermont_monsanto/4/2/?sub=fb

#1266522 - 18/06/2014 09:52 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Seina]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

There might well be a number of good reads out there that give a low down of what you described, but I asked openly (and legitimately) about just one book. Have you heard of it?

Another good read is "The China study" which wholeheartedly proves the links between multiple types of cancers and numerous disease to animal proteins.
The study has full scientific backing and took place over a very long time frame.

#1266564 - 18/06/2014 14:12 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
Seina Offline

Another good read is "The China study" which wholeheartedly proves the links between multiple types of cancers and numerous disease to animal proteins.
The study has full scientific backing and took place over a very long time frame.

The point of my previous post ("The Chemical Maze") was to demonstrate that there are caveats.

#1266573 - 18/06/2014 16:02 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: Greg Sorenson]
SBT Offline

Wow who would have thought a seed company would sell seeds to generate a profit and to reimburse or at least help defray research and development costs as well as make money to pay employees and finally pay a dividend to shareholders? Nasty filthy capitalist mongrels. How dare they not provide seeds for free? /Sarcasm.
2019 Total 1714mm
2018 Total 822mm

#1266578 - 18/06/2014 16:49 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: SBT]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Probably the same company who only used to sell poison, now the same seed company is trying to take over the entire seed market and eliminate all the traditional seed varieties that have been around for generations.
The same company that if you do buy their GM seeds, you can't save seed as you have done in years past, as all subsistence farmers have done.

There is a difference between a company making a "profit" and the one that is in it for pure utter selfish greed. smirk

#1266623 - 19/06/2014 09:42 Re: Farming, food production and consumers [Re: SBT]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Wow who would have thought a seed company would sell seeds to generate a profit and to reimburse or at least help defray research and development costs as well as make money to pay employees and finally pay a dividend to shareholders? Nasty filthy capitalist mongrels. How dare they not provide seeds for free? /Sarcasm.

And this is where some of your greedy profits go to....(By the way i don't follow Dr.Oz)

Senator who attacked Doctor Oz over dietary supplements received over $146,000 in campaign contributions from Big Pharma mega-retailer and Monsanto

Sen. McCaskill also accepted over $37,000 from Monsanto, widely regarded to be the most evil corporation in the world and an enemy of sustainable food production, heirloom seeds and traditional American farming methods.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045619_Senato...l#ixzz352MQNdP3

Page 33 of 43 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 >

Who's Online
1 registered (aussiestormfreak), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
chejian, Dusty Dervish, pogonantha, scott12
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529247 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image