Page 142 of 142 < 1 2 ... 140 141 142
Topic Options
#1474471 - 22/10/2018 17:48 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
3 x M6+'s now....

Multiple buoys going into event mode now, near Gulf of Alaska and offshore Canada

Edited by duckweather (22/10/2018 17:51)

#1474472 - 22/10/2018 17:48 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Petros Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maffra, Central Gippsland, Vi...
Thanks DW/Ts - very concerning.

#1474473 - 22/10/2018 17:53 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Petros]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Cheers Petros.

Just before your latest post I mention multiple buoys going into event mode now....curious

National Data Buoy Centre

Edited by duckweather (22/10/2018 17:53)

#1474476 - 22/10/2018 17:59 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Petros Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maffra, Central Gippsland, Vi...
Scary

#1474477 - 22/10/2018 18:10 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Petros]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

It is rather concerning Petros and hope it settles.

There have been after-movements and, as I mentioned in a previous post today that I suspected would happen, near the Gulf of Alaska has come up with a responding quake/tremor - M3+ after the larger Canadian quakes.

Will watch what's happening there.....

Edited by duckweather (22/10/2018 18:11)

#1474478 - 22/10/2018 18:21 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
BIG T Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Albany Creek , QLD
Hope it doesn’t make the news, wifey will get edgy. We are heading over there next June for a week in Vancouver and a week through the Rockies. Prefer it to be all quiet.

#1474916 - 30/10/2018 11:24 Re: Earthquakes [Re: BIG T]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi BIG T and all.

BIG T - no-one really knows what the future holds. That region of Canada may be wonderfully calm for Vancouver and your family. I wouldn't worry too much.

Been a week or so since my last post.

We have had multiple tremors here...but not from Mother Earth doing her thing. The house next door to me has been demolished. It was like Jurassic Park with machinery grin It was a brick building on a large concrete slab and had a tin roof. The works done there for the week were mind-bendingly noisy and the sudden vibrations were rattling my house. They did a very professional job, but boy I feel like I have, along with my immediate neighbours, been in one of those EQ zones where there is constant movement [during the day]. A couple of times the ground shaking was so strong, it felt like an M4. A couple of spots in my walls have small cracks - but nothing to worry about.
Anyway...relishing the peace and quiet for now and may be able to focus on my studies and the EQ activity.

The major plates been bopping along rather regularly in the last week. With a couple of upticks in activity - which is evident now.

The Antarctic ridge [plate edge with Australia and near Africa and South Sandwich Islands etc.] is behaving as I anticipated it would.

The greater plate edges towards and beyond the Equator are very active too. So I feel the plate 'shuffle' has more to offer and maybe some larger quakes to come.

So may M4+'s have been happening all over the place...interesting times.

Greece's EQ's were felt far and wide, with a small tsunami reported.

The current EQ activity may increase the opportunity for some volcanoes to rev up [haven't checked the recent volcano activity].

I can't help but feel that a near future quake somewhere may lower the land level of an island or coastline [in a spot] by about a metre or so.....or alternatively will raise the seashore line by a metre or more....will see.....

Anyway, hopefully I will post more in the next week.

For now old Duck.

#1474928 - 30/10/2018 23:55 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
marakai Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Maryfarms NQ
Hi all.

Thought that some of you might find this/these sites interesting.

https://quakewatch.net/

also

https://quakewatch.net/predictioncenter/

Check them out as they do have quite a bit of success with their program which has had a bit of interest from NASA as well.

Also thought you might like to take a look at this as well from the recent Sulawesi Quake especially from 4:50 and also 5:30 mins in with the sat pictures, at first I thought this was Tsunami damage but it seems that is not the case and it is all ground movement due to the quake, you can see the neighborhood sliding by in the first few minutes of the video as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcHdvpV5LhA

#1475622 - 09/11/2018 08:14 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
snowbooby Offline
Weather Freak

Earth tremor just felt here in Albany w.a approx 3 mins ago just after 5am. No reports yet.

#1475750 - 13/11/2018 10:42 Re: Earthquakes [Re: snowbooby]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi finally folks.
I have been busy finishing off my studies for 2018 and haven't had much time to concentrate on this thread. If I did try and create a post in the last couple of weeks, it would probably look something like this;

"bhdouh sdvgue ucasdvba cn M15 izihz, Cheers Dcuk crazy "

Soooo, I have seen your post marakai. I have seen their site a while ago and they do have some really interesting info there. They have a pretty good track record too from what I have heard from a U.S. friend.

snowbooby - those quakes in W.A. were very interesting. Notice how this activity set off a couple of smaller one's slightly to the east of that location. What a hive of activity and if the WA folks in that region's head's have been spinning [dizziness, perhaps a wee bit of vertigo too], I wouldn't be surprised. I'd love to know if there was any ground cracking or deformation there [I haven't looked up any info on those quakes yet].

Looking at the Geoscience map for the last week or so, it seems Vic and NSW have been deprived of a little ground movement. Give it time....

One curious thing I noticed before a larger quake north of Australia, north of Indonesia, I noticed some subtle south-to-north horizontal rocking here. You wouldn't have noticed it if you were active. At first I thought it was Vic feeling a bit of a shuffle, but nothing came up on the Geoscience records. It could have been a local movement, but it was a distinctive, though small, movement.....

The major plates and that of the Indian Ocean have been quite active by the looks of it. But I hope to catch up with what is going on and may happen once my brain fog [from study] has cleared smile

Anyway, for now Duck

#1475837 - 15/11/2018 01:06 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
marakai Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Maryfarms NQ
Originally Posted By: duckweather
Hi finally folks.
I have been busy finishing off my studies for 2018 and haven't had much time to concentrate on this thread. If I did try and create a post in the last couple of weeks, it would probably look something like this;

"bhdouh sdvgue ucasdvba cn M15 izihz, Cheers Dcuk crazy "

Soooo, I have seen your post marakai. I have seen their site a while ago and they do have some really interesting info there. They have a pretty good track record too from what I have heard from a U.S. friend.

snowbooby - those quakes in W.A. were very interesting. Notice how this activity set off a couple of smaller one's slightly to the east of that location. What a hive of activity and if the WA folks in that region's head's have been spinning [dizziness, perhaps a wee bit of vertigo too], I wouldn't be surprised. I'd love to know if there was any ground cracking or deformation there [I haven't looked up any info on those quakes yet].

Looking at the Geoscience map for the last week or so, it seems Vic and NSW have been deprived of a little ground movement. Give it time....

One curious thing I noticed before a larger quake north of Australia, north of Indonesia, I noticed some subtle south-to-north horizontal rocking here. You wouldn't have noticed it if you were active. At first I thought it was Vic feeling a bit of a shuffle, but nothing came up on the Geoscience records. It could have been a local movement, but it was a distinctive, though small, movement.....

The major plates and that of the Indian Ocean have been quite active by the looks of it. But I hope to catch up with what is going on and may happen once my brain fog [from study] has cleared smile

Anyway, for now Duck

Good luck with your finals Duck, the world need's more people with an open mind making it through the minefield of Uni today for the future of us all.

Page 142 of 142 < 1 2 ... 140 141 142

Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Chris #3, Cloudwatcher, dave-tsv, GuyH, Joshg, Prettybub, s016230, Sprouts
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24005 Topics
1502889 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image