Loc: East Lake Macquarie
😆

#1483764 - 02/01/2019 20:01 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Funkyseefunkydo]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi folks.

Those stats are interesting.

I have noticed, like yourselves, that the number of M4+'s running around the top of Australia [in Indonesia] and the Philippines, is quite numerous at the moment. This may culminate in an M7 somewhere [or may not] within or near these vast regions. Such a larger quake may also come up the west side of the Pacific somewhere....??

Australia, as I thought it would, is travelling/rocking along quite 'nicely' with tremors. The ones off the coast of WA are interesting.

Hope to catch up with more soon.

Cheers and Happy New Year from Miss Duck. cool

#1483847 - 03/01/2019 14:44 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
Mr Buzle Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Lake Macquarie NSW
Happy Birthday Duckie!!

#1483911 - 03/01/2019 18:55 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
perrywinkle Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Warrawee Valley
Happy Birthday Ducky.
Noticed a tremor near Cootamundra today - in the 1970s and 1980s there were two earthquakes of 4.5 and 4.6 in the area. After a long hiatus where tremors have been happening closer to Boorowa, it looks like the Temora Cootamundra area may be in for some action. Will be interesting to see.

#1483928 - 03/01/2019 20:34 Re: Earthquakes [Re: perrywinkle]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Thankyou very much Mr Buzle and perrywinkle for your lovely birthday wishes. Another year older - oh yay. Had a lovely day with my precious family and was spoilt rotten. Mumma Duck is very happy grin

Re: what you mentioned perrywinkle, I reckon that the energy that is perhaps causing the quakes all along Indonesia [above Oz] and sneaking in to lower NZ and through the Philippines, for example, may also be causing the Oz mainland and some offshore locations some pains [tremors], a bit like an energy 'virus' niggling at Australia's 'body' and setting off scattered and some focused 'aches' [tremors/quakes].
This may be a precursor [the activity showing up all along Indonesia] for a larger quake. This may ]or may not] come up anywhere from NZ region [maybe the Kermadecs or elsewhere] - through the Pacific Islands or PNG or Indonesia or more north [of western side of Pacific] or far NE of the Indian Ocean [landmass]. Will see what happens.

Vic and/or Tassie or the Tasman Sea may [or may not] come up with a tremor.

There may be an outside chance of somewhere along the Himalayas a tremor may come up [energy pushed into a location there]...?

I am wondering if SE NSW or the mountain ranges over the border into Vic may feel a movement too....?

The M3.1 west of Nullarbor [SA] was an interesting one. Notice how many of Oz's quakes and tremors are on or near the coast lately?

Anyway, am off to enjoy some of the birthday cake my beautiful granddaughter bought for me. Cheers for now, Old Duck smile

#1483942 - 03/01/2019 23:36 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Kino Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wollongong, NSW, Aus
Amazing satpic of the damage to Krakatoa from that eruption - half the island is gone!

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46743362

#1484159 - 05/01/2019 08:41 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Kino Offline
Weatherzone Addict

And she’s gone again - reports of another major eruption at Krakatoa.

#1484261 - 05/01/2019 18:17 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Petros Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maffra, Central Gippsland, Vi...
Got a link for that Kino?, google did me no good, heard nothing elsewhere.

#1485215 - 12/01/2019 13:54 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Petros]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Vic finally came up with a tremor I was anticipating. On the shelf/drop at 'sea' between the coast of HMAS Cerberus and Phillip Island. It was felt all over the island and there was even a report in Melbourne city. I am not sure if I felt this one, but I am sure if it was shallower than the 10kms it has been pegged at by Geoscience Aust., it would have been felt possibly further afield. It was an M2.7

WA and SA and the NT have come up with tremors, but the majority of movements are in the southern side of the continent.

For Victoria, there have been 3 tremors now in recent times. 2 in Port Phillip Bay - along the east coast and today's one near Phillip Island.....all have been on the 'shelfs/drops' off the coasts.

For now, Duck.

#1485990 - 19/01/2019 05:43 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Firepac Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Proserpine
Just felt this one just off Airlie Beach

#1486238 - 21/01/2019 14:53 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wynnum SE Brisbane
Interesting Frank HOOPERBEETS AKA DITRANIUM
is forcasting a mega quake over the next few days

#1486239 - 21/01/2019 14:57 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
Kino Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: tsunami
Interesting Frank HOOPERBEETS AKA DITRANIUM
is forcasting a mega quake over the next few days

Did they say where? Guess we are overdue for one.

#1486247 - 21/01/2019 16:21 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wynnum SE Brisbane
To find thd sight i enter....hooperbeets earthquake. ..
That brings up the facebook andd org sights
Duck is all over it

#1486269 - 21/01/2019 19:22 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks [finally smile ]

I am gonna go and have a look at Frank's [Ditrianum] forecast YT video after I type this, but tsunami - it is 'funny' you should mention that he may be suggesting the potential of a large quake. Though I have been distracted lately with other stuff, I have had a feeling too that possibly/maybe something bigger is brewing too. Something feels a little 'off'.

If I was to anticipate where this maybe larger quake could come up, the inkling I get it could be in the western Pacific [and/or running along north of Oz in an Indonesian region??] or along the west coast of South America. But I could be wrong completely.

Australia is responding to energies - with quite a few coastal tremors/quakes coming up here and there around the continent. Remember the shelfs I have been rattling on about recently? In my mind's-eye, the peripheral tremors may be an indication that our continent is feeling the strain of some persistent energy being driven in from the Southern Ocean and through Bass Strait
- into SA up past Kangaroo Island and into/through the Spencer Gulf and up into the lands north of there
- messing up into NSW from the east of NSW and possibly SE and NE
- QLD offshore - coming in from Vanuatu/Fiji/through the Coral Sea
- WA offshore and far SW being affected possibly by the Indian Ocean and from south of the continent [far west of Great Oz Bight]
- NT from a fault line absorbing energy from the south and north???
- Vic from Bass Strait

All of the above thoughts of mine maybe off and wrong, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
I think Oz may be in for another M4 or a bit bigger...???

Ditrianum's website with links to his youtube vids

For now, Duck.

#1489081 - 04/02/2019 12:51 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

After my last post it seemed that what I thought may happen re: Australia, north of Australia [across Indonesia and surrounding countries] and the west of the Pacific - all revved up with quakes. Especially a couple of larger ones - one in Indonesia above Oz.

That activity has also translated into the Himalayan ridge and through India in recent and current times.

Quite a number of quakes has been popping up in the 'ear' in the Pacific [near Fiji, Tonga and Vanuatu]. This may be a prelude to a larger quake either in this region or west towards PNG/Indonesia or into the Kermadecs??? NZ Has popped up with a few tremors too recently, which shows they are also feeling some of the energy niggles in the west Pacific.

Australia has been trotting along quite nicely with tremors, with a few more coming up along a couple of coasts [WA + Qld], with SA having some tremors travelling up and near [NE of Port Augusta] that wonderful, twisty mountain range which follows on and up to near Lake Torrens and beyond.

I also, previous post, felt that the west coast of South America may come up with more quakes too - and it did. The west side of North America, particularly, has been and is quite active at the moment.

Other parts of the planet, including and not forgetting Canada and Alaska, have also seen some quakes and tremors. But hope to catch up with them soon.

Hopefully my next visit here will be sooner than this post was from my last post smile

So for now, Duck.

#1490042 - 12/02/2019 10:51 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

A new seismo has been placed on King Island in Bass Strait. On the 10th February [2019] the seimo picked up an M2 apparently just NE of the island, but nothing has come up on Geoscience website yet.

Interestingly, we have felt the odd small movement here and nothing has been recorded for our region. Now, these movements perceived could be the result of 'energy' travelling through from or to another location, even as far as inland Oz, SA or Indonesia...? We have felt very small sudden jolts here in the dead of night and rumbling sounds here and there on occasions. I would love to know if these are very small movements in Vic [I am in Wantirna] perhaps too small to be recorded/pinpointed easily or my imagination.
There was an absolute stillness yesterday arvo at one point, with no bird-sounds, no wind [atmospheric kind] and my ears were ringing off the scale. May have just been a drop in air pressure [not that I know much about air pressure].

Anyway, the Pacific, in many areas is quite active atm [activity coming in cycles] as is near the Himalayas [as I thought it would]. There may be an M6 or a little bigger to come up yet. There just seems to be too much niggling going on above Australia [other countries] and in the Pacific.

For the moment, Duck.

#1490466 - 15/02/2019 11:21 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well I might be hanging around the computer for a little while, surfing Oz seismo sites and records - Duck has done a drumstick [meaning sidelined with strained/torn lower back muscle]. Message - get someone else to empty the dishwasher - someone younger lol.

Anyway, Vic came up with the tremor I was anticipating/suspecting may be lurking. Of course, I didn't state a location for such, but that dead silence [lack of bird sound] etc., had me thinking that something was brewing. This morning between 8 and 9am, there was another very small rattle [shut door in bathroom and window rattled for about 5 seconds - felt bench very slight rumble]. Will see if Geoscience has registered anything.

An M6 came up in the western Pacific and an interesting M6.2 came up on the Mid Atlantic Ridge - west of Spain and east of the U.S..

The west coast of South America is rattling along with tremors up and down the coast. Could this be an indicator of another quake - possibly in the M6 range I wonder.

Other regions that are quite active with tremors are western U.S. [with a couple sneaking in in eastern U.S.], including the Yellowstone general region - and Montana and Idaho. Alaska continues on with tremors from the Gulf upwards [northwards].

Obscure news;
Apparently there was a meteorite which buzzed over Melbourne a few days ago. I didn't see it though.

Here's a very interesting report on the ground catching fire [a bit like how peat fires behave] in the NT and Victoria - The ground burning.

I get a very obscure feeling that Hawaii may feel another M4'ish in relation to their active volcano soon. I could be very wrong....

Anyway, until I have caught up with some more tremors/quakes [such as the Mediterranean] and elsewhere, cheers for now, old Duck.

#1490988 - 19/02/2019 11:09 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well I have been watching one seismo only. This is the one in Victoria at Leon Mow's site - here
I know it is locally focused on Victoria, but it is one I watch for when I feel there may be signs of energy coming into Vic, SA and NSW or passing through. Sometimes I see this seismo as also an indicator of possible energy getting 'snagged' in our general region before a quake comes up in Indonesia [north of QLD and NT], PNG, Vanuatu etc. I saw this potential hinting movement on the seismo leading up to the M6+ north of Oz [PNG M6.4] on Monday morning, just after midnight [yesterday].

Currently, there is another 'building' response [in my eyes/mind] on this Vic seismo. It has been going on for about 12 hours. This may be 'energy' passing through, or a sign that a larger quake/tremor is building again north of Oz or in the NE of the Coral Sea somewhere.

Not forgetting the Tasman Sea and NZ in this picture [re: Vic seismo].
Also the readings on this seimo [ in my amateur opinion] have some 'signature' personality of movement in some instances.

I have noticed sometimes, that when Victoria cops a tremor/quake, that this seismo may not give 'notice' of impending movement. That, I feel, is the nature of some of our quakes/tremors and not the nature of the seismo.

Anyway, Leon's seismo is my favourite one. I know there are many other seismo's in Oz, but I mostly only follow this one, probably I like to follow Vic's [and occasionally other Oz states/territories] movements selfishly smile

Well SA and NSW have been rather active, with the largest tremors so far coming up in Vic [slightly felt that one] and SA. WA, for the time being, has quietened a little.

So that's my basic focus on our great land for this post and now. Cheers, Duck.

Page 146 of 147 < 1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 >

Who's Online
10 registered (Weathergrrl, Mad Elf #1.5, Rainbow Spirit, Snapper22lb, cold@28, mithrandir, Weary, bundybear, 2 invisible), 105 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Dale Small, Michael Bath, Ronfishes
Forum Stats
29890 Members
32 Forums
24117 Topics
1521815 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image