Topic Options
#1490804 - 18/02/2019 12:15 winter help
Tassiebound Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: wa
hello everyone I,m Ross from WA and I have a couple of questions I hope someone might be kind enough to answer for me .its too hot over here and I want to move to Tasmania for the cooler summers but your winter worries me a little, its shorts all year round over here but your winter is much cooler so I was asking what parts of Tasmania are warmer with less wind and snow than others . I dont mind the cold or the rain but put it with wind and its a different story . i.m a keen gardener so are there parts of Tassie that are more fertile than others ?just about anywhere has got to be better than the sand we have over here .. thanks for your time Tassiebound Ross

#1490807 - 18/02/2019 13:16 Re: winter help [Re: Tassiebound]
Snowies Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Westbury
North and East coasts are the most mild, so east of Devonport and north of Hobart but close to the coast. Depends if you need to find work as well. Fertile soils, bit of a mixed bag, parts of the north and north west have rich red soils, parts of the east and south are sandier with everything in between.

If you don't like cold winds steer clear of exposed southern or western areas, inland areas protected from the southerlies/westerlies will be frostier and snow is largely confined to the highlands and on occasion lower levels in the west and south.

Coming here, you will feel cold during the first winter, but it's nothing like a winter in North America with a polar vortex...

Anyway, suggest you try before you buy, come for a winter holiday in late June/early July as see how it feels, see if you can handle the slightly shorter days.

#1490885 - 18/02/2019 20:21 Re: winter help [Re: Snowies]
Tassiebound Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: wa
thanks for your help Snowies.I plan on retirement or semi retirement. i have been to the Antarctic and the cold didn't bother me its only when its windy and cold does it become uncomfortable .. thanks again for your reply good health and good wealth to you

Who's Online
6 registered (Petros, Matt Pearce, mysteriousbrad, Stormy3, Mike Hauber, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Karl Lijnders
Forum Stats
29931 Members
32 Forums
24150 Topics
1525355 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image