Page 147 of 147 < 1 2 ... 145 146 147
Topic Options
#1492435 - 25/02/2019 11:32 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi folks.

Well Australia is on a 'roll' at the moment. M3's popping up all over the place. Finally Tassie has come into the picture with a very shallow M3.2 at 1km deep.

Something we haven't seen for a while is that every state/territory has come up with a tremor within a fairly short space of time - with them showing up now on the Geoscience website - here

Macquarie Island came up with an M5+, which was interesting in that I am thinking that some of the energy causing that quake may be an indicator that the energy causing lower Oz tremors may be related in some way.

I am somewhat drawn again to Bass Strait and maybe the Tasman Sea for another movement. Or somewhere between Tassie and Vic/SA...? Maybe even a niggle in Port Phillip Bay or Western Port Bay [Vic]...?

Leon Mow's seismo has shown quite alot of [energy] irritation in the last couple of days - and it is still going on.

Many of Oz's tremors have been generally hugging or near coastlines. But some have come up inland, which has me wondering if there is a general-ish pressure on our continent, where a tremor could come up in a place where tremors are not common.

Other places on the planet [especially, as I suspected would, western side of South America] have been feeling tremors too, but I'll chat about those soon.

Cheers, for now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (25/02/2019 11:33)

#1493367 - 06/03/2019 22:49 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Been busy with other things, so some catching up may be required soon.

Nearly everywhere I turned today, I saw many words starting with "J". Jam Jerrup, Jerramungup [where todays M3+ was], Judy, Jimmy, James, Jordan, Jindalee, Judd and Jackson. Several other names were similar to Jerramungup but started with a "K". I know that all sound nutty, but it struck me as either a coincidence or has some sort of symbolism for something - or maybe I am just nuts smile

Anyway, the fires in Vic have also distracted me somewhat, as I have friends and family who live on the outskirts of the Bunyip fires on properties. I feel for those folks who have lost homes and animals in any of the many fires in Vic.

That Vic seismo I usually watch is showing some gradual build up [in my mind] of some energy. This may be a sign of a quake coming up in the west of the Pacific near Oz..???

There have been some interesting tremors coming up inland in NSW, well away from the coast. Same with one tremor coming up in inland WA. I feel [just my thoughts] that these inland tremors may a carry-on or referral of energy through the continent from pressures near the coasts - creeping inland, and may not be the last yet.

I feel another M6+ is brewing somewhere in the Pacific or maybe the Southern Ocean...??

For now, Duck. [I am aware of the other quakes and tremors around the globe].

#1493773 - 11/03/2019 10:21 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Mad Elf #1.5 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Hallen QLD
Heard on the news this morning an area just NW of Gatton got a magnitude 3 rattle on Saturday afternoon, a seismologist gave his report on local radio that about a dozen people from around Gatton felt it.
Fairly close to where we are, wasnt home but neighbour & the kennels at Spring creek didnt feel a thing.

#1494310 - 14/03/2019 17:35 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Mad Elf #1.5]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi all.

I saw that come up Mad Elf on the 'maps'. Feeling the tremors can be interesting, in that some feel them and some don't. I feel it may be related to the direction the energy is spread. We had a tremor almost centred under my place [fault line] and the folks that felt it, like me, could have sworn many others in my area would have felt it. But it was almost felt in a 'line' from my place and out to Ferntree Gully. Was strange.

I hinted that Hawaii may come up with an M3+ recently. The activity there seemed a little reminiscent of the activity before their larger activity last year, before their M5+ occurred yesterday. I didn't ever think that their volcanic/quake activity was completely settled. My gut was telling me that unfortunately another moderate quake was on the 'horizon'.

The Pacific came up with a few M6's. I also had a gut feeling that this was brewing. There may be a chance [under 50%'ish] that an M7'ish may come up soon. The energy being flung around the Pacific is quite concerted and if the energy producing these M6's is still sneaking around the Pacific, it may produce a larger quake...???

Around the planet [for this year] I reckon we may see a decent quake in or somewhere near Italy or Greece. If not there, maybe somewhere on the periphery of the Mediterranean Sea or other nearby smaller sea.
Japan may go on to feel and M6+ and there may be a kick-back in the Pacific Plate into the Gulf of Alaska or Canada [west] or Central America...????

Australia has been bopping along nicely with tremors and may go on some time to feel an M5 somewhere and/or maybe a place starting with a 'B'. There maybe a tremor off the coast of Queensland and an unusual location inland west of a mountain range somewhere....??

As I always say, take everything I rattle on about with a pinch-of-salt. My feelings may be off/incorrect.

for now, Duck.

#1496035 - 23/03/2019 22:40 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Only been watching the EQ activity here and there.

There has been alot of activity in the west of the Pacific and across the top of Oz [other countries]. This energy driving the Pacific quakes has also been affecting the eastern side of the Pacific.

Leon Mows seismo [Vic] is showing a gradual increase in movement again. This may be in response to [reverberations from] the Pacific and Indonesian activity or may be a sign that another larger quake is brewing in the Pacific or somewhere else nearby to Australia.

It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere along or near the coast of WA, where the nasty cyclone is menacing, there is a tremor of some degree. This is such a super weather event that it may just tip off an earth or undersea movement...???
Similarly for the NT/Gulf of Carpentaria and their cyclone - this may niggle for a tremor...???

There is a bit of a global niggle, with South Africa and Central/East coming up with quakes recently. I am wondering of somewhere north of Tanzania - towards the Red Sea - another tremor/quake may come up at some point...??

I have a mild feeling that NZ may go on to feel an M5 near Cook Strait or either side - either north in the North Island or south in the South Island of the Strait...???

Macquarie Island is on my 'radar' atm....??

For now, Duck.

Page 147 of 147 < 1 2 ... 145 146 147

Who's Online
2 registered (divho, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29901 Members
32 Forums
24120 Topics
1522538 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image