NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 1433 of 1434 < 1 2 ... 1431 1432 1433 1434 >
Topic Options
#1502214 - 05/07/2019 23:04 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
teckert Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: NE suburbs, Adelaide, South Au...
A few of us are trying out CD weather boards and ski forums. Personally I wouldnt touch AWF.

#1502218 - 05/07/2019 23:08 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
teckert Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

btw... Apart from SC manually archiving some of the SA stuff you should be able to access a lot on the Wyback Machine but also the following was just posted....

Originally Posted By: 01syhr
The kind folk at ArchiveBot have agreed to queue an automatic archive of the whole forum once posting is disabled at the end of July. It will all be saved on archive.org

#1502229 - 06/07/2019 00:38 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: teckert]
ThD Ht Offline
Weatherzone ratbag

Loc: Reynella, S.A.
i'm the same as you pooraka in the use of those.... 'platforms'.
such a vain waste of time although with most people being
gregarious by nature they tend to migrate and flock towards
them like flies on sh-it, the other two i've looked at are
similar to this forum.

Originally Posted By: teckert
A few of us are trying out CD weather boards and ski forums. Personally I wouldnt touch AWF.

not interested in skiing or snow orientated stuff.
what is cd weather boards?
whats your reason for not touching AWF or r u just pushing
your own agenda?

yay, made it.

TH

#1502293 - 06/07/2019 14:42 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
paisley Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Magill campus Uni SA (w) & Fir...
Scary warmth last few days for the middle of July. Surely some records are going to be broken.

P

#1502329 - 06/07/2019 18:48 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Weather Guru Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Munno Para , Northern Suburb o...
cry As this is probably one of my final posts, I wish to say I have had many years of entertainment and value out of the forum posts, and it's a sad end to what we should have seen coming due to the lack of posts and interest elsewhere. It's probably a combination of too many restrictions (can and can't do this and that), and a meriod of other social interactive websites that have spread the numbers thin ... and so on.
I've been occasionally looking on here but it's been really a boring stretch of weather for a long time that has unmotivated me from posting plus my weather station not living up to my expectations.... one day i'll upgrade and get something decent sleep

Back onto current weather...
A bit of development from moisture from Queensland had fruited some showers doing a nuddie run down the yorke peninsula as I type, Might even spark up shortly if were lucky,,, maybe more development later on tonight ,,, but as we all know,,, nothings guaranteed.
eyes on the skies.... and weather stations.... smile
Just as an observation,,, there has been sparks south of victor harbor in the last hour or so
JOHN

Edited by Weather Guru (06/07/2019 18:52)

Jan 10.2 mm
Feb 3.9 mm
Mar 6.3 mm
Apr 14.8
May 20.7
June
July
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
2018 55.9 mm
2017 487.2 mm
2016 571
2015 369.5
2014 460.5
2013 504
2012 417
2011 598.5
2010 553

#1502332 - 06/07/2019 19:24 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Weather Guru Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Munno Para , Northern Suburb o...
And there goes the first spark just south of Ardrossan....

Jan 10.2 mm
Feb 3.9 mm
Mar 6.3 mm
Apr 14.8
May 20.7
June
July
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
2018 55.9 mm
2017 487.2 mm
2016 571
2015 369.5
2014 460.5
2013 504
2012 417
2011 598.5
2010 553

#1502341 - 06/07/2019 21:43 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Spark Hunter Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Fleurieu Peninsula
Thank you to everyone who has added anything and everything to this forum. Each and everyone of you has added knowledge and information that can not be found anywhere else. I hope you all get to witness your dream weather event.

South Australia is going to lose a great asset with the demise of this forum - The weather will not be as well studied, discussed or documented as it has been, and the collective of weather knowledge will never be equaled.

Cheers to all.

#1502345 - 06/07/2019 23:05 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: ThD Ht]
teckert Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Originally Posted By: ThD Ht
i'm the same as you pooraka in the use of those.... 'platforms'.
such a vain waste of time although with most people being
gregarious by nature they tend to migrate and flock towards
them like flies on sh-it, the other two i've looked at are
similar to this forum.

Originally Posted By: teckert

not interested in skiing or snow orientated stuff.
what is cd weather boards?
whats your reason for not touching AWF or r u just pushing
your own agenda?

yay, made it.

TH

Ski forums - yes originally started focussed on snow, but have a dedicated weather area, and are catering for displaced WZ folk.
CD weather boards - pretty sure have been mentioned a few times already.... http://cdweather.boards.net/board/20/weatherzone - catering also for WZ folk, with topics already well underway.
AWF - no agenda. Was started by disgrunteld WZ posters originally. The main issue with AWF appears to be a lack of people regularly posting on it and a lack of admin/moderating. Also very Vic-centric so i suppose if anything that would be my agenda lol.... stay away from those vics! poke

#1502349 - 07/07/2019 08:22 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
bd bucketingdown Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Eastern A/Hills SA
CD going ok, AWF looks pretty deadish, SKI not much SA posters there at all!

#1502382 - 07/07/2019 20:30 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
seaworthy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Gawler East, SA - 102m
I don't jump on here much these days, but wanted to say thanks to all who have made contributions to this forum in whatever capacity over the years.

Special thanks to Lennie who provided expert forecasts that you'd probably pay to get elsewhere. A real privilege.

Back in the glory days, this forum was packed with 15 or 20 regulars who would post the best chase reports (remember them?) with awesome accompanying photographs. We didn't always see eye to eye, but it was lots of fun nonetheless. smile

So long and goodbye!

#1502385 - 07/07/2019 23:40 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
ThD Ht Offline
Weatherzone ratbag

Loc: Reynella, S.A.
thanks for that Tek,
yer your pushing an agenda, a ligit one based on your best
experience and opinion, no probs. thanks.
your opinion has been noted too BD, thankyou to you too and
for your input and suggestions during this .....'risis'.
im settling into CD ok and am becoming comfortable with the
layout and settings.

TH

#1502386 - 07/07/2019 23:42 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: seaworthy]
Pooraka Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Pooraka, Adelaide, South Austr...
Originally Posted By: seaworthy
I don't jump on here much these days, but wanted to say thanks to all who have made contributions to this forum in whatever capacity over the years.

Special thanks to Lennie who provided expert forecasts that you'd probably pay to get elsewhere. A real privilege.

Back in the glory days, this forum was packed with 15 or 20 regulars who would post the best chase reports (remember them?) with awesome accompanying photographs. We didn't always see eye to eye, but it was lots of fun nonetheless. smile

So long and goodbye!

Yeah I remember those days. I didn't used to say much but would often come in here to get some inside knowledge on incoming weather events. Mainly if we were going to get any decent rain or not lol. Lennie's insights were always a go to for me, he is often on the money. Some of the photographs that were posted here made it on the 7 news a few times, at the end of the weather. At the moment it seems as if most South Aussies are on The World Weather Forum (CD boards). Thats cool, I was just hoping we could have an Aussie based forum but I'll go where the old heads go lol.

Edited by Pooraka (07/07/2019 23:43)

#1502387 - 08/07/2019 02:05 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Loc: Seaford Meadows, SA
Well ladies and gentlemen it was been an absolute pleasure....I joined this forum when I was 16 (please don't go searching my early posts) and now 'retire' bald and grey at the tender age of 34 lol. Marriage and children etc and the countless storms that fail to make it into town all contributed to that...

However on a serious note, having been a part of this forum for more than half my life has been, despite the dwindle in recent years, I'll find it hard to accept with it not being here, the sense of community and belonging where there was an outlet to put all your thoughts, passions and excitement into words to share with other like minded individuals, many whom I now call my friends for life. The banter, the learning, the opportunity and reward from being able to discuss my most beloved subject in the weather for such a long time is something I am most grateful for.

I hope I've been able to help others understand a bit more about our weather, especially Adelaide and how it all works from the complexity of the models and charts to the simple look out the window. I've enjoyed that part the most by far...but as our time comes to an end here, it can regrow and live on somewhere else...I've joined the alternative options and will still post from time to time, certainly big events will get something out of me at least.

But for now, it is time to say goodbye to the weatherzone forums, thanks for the memories!

TS cool

#1502391 - 08/07/2019 09:16 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Bergasms Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: South Plympton, Adelaide, Aus
I guess migration to CD is the way to go. It might be worth stickying a post with the various solutions on the main page.

I think the biggest frustration with this board was the relative lack of simplicity for sharing images. It was fine back in the day when there was nothing better but now it's far simpler.

Either way, this place has been great. I've learned a lot in the decade or so i've been coming. Likewise started as a uni student and finish with a wife, two kids, full time job and a mortgage poke

#1502397 - 08/07/2019 10:39 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Werner K Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Flinders Park, SA
Thanks Thunderstruck for all your insights and information over the years. I always looked forward to your input and I will miss that.

I'm still deciding which way to go as far as an alternate forum to join. Reading the thoughts of others it seems ski.com.au & cd weather are the top 2 picks.

Where are most people here in SA heading to?

btw, received 7.5mm over the weekend

Edited by Werner K (08/07/2019 10:39)

#1502401 - 08/07/2019 12:19 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
StormCapture Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Uleybury
Im more so leaning to CD as the layout is nice and neat.
Ski forums puts SA under subtropical which I think is a tad silly but what can you do, weve tried negotiating but yet to see a proper answer

I joined the WZ forums back early 2014 when I first got told about it by TS and then quickly joined shortly after.
Most of the weather nuts here Ive met in person thanks to this forum.
This area is rich in good information for a person like me who is studying to become a Met (need a diploma for the technician side poke ) and have been self teaching by reading the info on this forum and by others in the field, esp TS who has a mass knowledge of meteorology, still waiting for the book release lol.

Id like to say a huge thank you to all the moderators here who have done a fantastic job watching and taking care of the forums.

As Tim has mentioned, I am in the process of saving these forums as PDFs and HTML links for archive purposes even though they are being processed to be archived online. All SA topics as well as some others from the general area and some of Australias biggest weather disasters will be added.

#1502406 - 08/07/2019 12:56 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
bd bucketingdown Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Eastern A/Hills SA
yes great to have talk with you all over the years, especially in good old days, with TE,TS, TH, H, RS, etc, catch you all somewhere else

#1502426 - 08/07/2019 18:58 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
red earth Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Lockleys, Adelaide
So disappointed to read of the demise of this forum. I joined in 2007 while researching location temperatures for a road trip. Co-incidentally I am again on the road only to hear this news. Many thanks to all the locals for your inputs over the years. Good luck to you all in your future endeavours, weather or otherwise. Cheers Barb S (from not so sunny Port Macquarie at the moment.)

#1502692 - 12/07/2019 11:01 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: StormCapture]
puddles Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Reynella, SA
I noticed that Ski forums is somewhat eastern centric which dissuades me from going there. The Australian Weather forum has a distinct SA section which is to me, more inviting. Yet to check CDweather forum since only just registered.

#1502698 - 12/07/2019 12:39 Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting [Re: Thunderstruck]
Eevo Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Adelaide Hills
miserable weather today

Page 1433 of 1434 < 1 2 ... 1431 1432 1433 1434 >

Moderator:  Helen, Lindsay Knowles, Markus, teckert 
Who's Online
2 registered (mysteriousbrad, 1 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Andrew_C, Bindon, jackwilliam, Leasy, Nikko, rainthisway, sutek, Tropicana
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image