NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 115 of 116 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 >
Topic Options
#1503013 - 26/07/2019 00:08 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: EddyG]
Ben K Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Central Coast, NSW
Originally Posted By: EddyG
Happy Birthday BK

Thanks Eddy!

#1503017 - 26/07/2019 10:51 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Eigerwand Offline
Weather Freak

Well, 2 weeks left of what can generally expected to be winter proper, surprise, surprise, another shocker.
I give it about 15 years before summers like the one just gone, and basically every one over the past 15-20 years, combined with warm dry winters, push the environment to such a point that it is no longer reliable enough to support our economic system reliant on endless growth.

Shame this place is closing. Would be interesting to come back to some of these posts in 10-15 years.

Edited by Eigerwand (26/07/2019 10:51)

#1503030 - 26/07/2019 15:54 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: toowoomba
Rubbish

#1503031 - 26/07/2019 16:05 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: petethemoskeet]
Adaminaby Angler Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Anglers Reach NSW; 1,290 m AMS...
Originally Posted By: petethemoskeet
Rubbish

But Co2 is EVIL! And straight White men, too! wink laugh poke crazy whistle

Waaaaaa! We're gonna go EXTINCT if we don't give up our damaging lifestyles! cry

Bill Nye the Doctorate in Engineering Science Guy said so! He's a climate scientist!

The Science is Settled™

#1503032 - 26/07/2019 16:17 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Adaminaby Angler]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Adaminaby Angler
Rubbish

But Co2 is EVIL! And straight White men, too! wink laugh poke crazy whistle

Waaaaaa! We're gonna go EXTINCT if we don't give up our damaging lifestyles! cry
It's funny when reading these GW or what ever it's called at the time posts because they never say what needs to be done.Probably because they have no idea.

#1503034 - 26/07/2019 16:21 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: petethemoskeet]
Jac0b Offline
Weather Freak

I can't wait to see 10-15 years from now what a crock these environmental doomsday predictions are.

If these predictions were true, the heat and drought of the late 1800's and early 1900's would have already wiped everything out, but they didn't.

Edited by Jac0b (26/07/2019 16:22)

#1503035 - 26/07/2019 16:55 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Yeah Humans have always adapted to different weather that's why we are still here and multiplying.

#1503037 - 26/07/2019 18:15 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Adaminaby Angler]
Aussea Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Taree, Nsw
It's so reassuring that, in the closing phase of this wonderful forum - that was tainted by unfriendly and uniformed trolls aplenty, that contentious, cantankerous bombastic right wing old fools such as your good self - have finally got the message as outlined here by you in "jest". Quite spooky. Your attitudes towards climate science are in fact quite - extinct.

I never thought I would see the day when you finally saw the sunlight. Stick to your whaling fella.

#1503039 - 26/07/2019 18:36 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Being brainwashed comes to mind such as your good self.Hopefully those so called govt paid scientists eventually become extinct along with yourself and the like.

#1503040 - 26/07/2019 18:44 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: petethemoskeet]
Aussea Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Taree, Nsw
Being brainwashed comes to mind such as your good self.Hopefully those so called govt paid scientists eventually become extinct along with yourself and the like.

Yeah, I wasn't addressing this to you. But feel free to chime in with your diatribe fella - being that you are part of the old guard. You are just an annoyance really. Next!!

So, ending on a final positive note, many many thanks to the Weatherzone folk for this opportunity to lurk and learn, and contribute to this forum over the years - minus of course the regular destructive deplorable keyboard hero suspects who actually promoted the untimely demise of this great forum.

#1503041 - 26/07/2019 18:54 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

I find it funny that you blame the right for having a different view and causing the demise of the forum. laugh63 posts in hey

Edited by petethemoskeet (26/07/2019 18:54)

#1503044 - 26/07/2019 19:09 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Homer Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Dural
Wow.

I'm actually glad this place is closing down tbh, because of the [censored] that has been posted above, which became ever so more common in recent times.
Thank god Knot was banned from here as well. The perfect example.

I'm now far happier to be on a forum like Ski.com that is actually a real community. People can disagree, but they don't feel the need to abuse each other and take cheap shots at those who's views don't align with theirs.

There's far more true weather information there then there ever was on here, and I say that with respect to many of our learned posters that contributed plenty on here over the years.

#1503046 - 26/07/2019 20:28 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Homer]
Adaminaby Angler Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: Homer
Wow.

I'm actually glad this place is closing down tbh, because of the [censored] that has been posted above, which became ever so more common in recent times.

I'm now far happier to be on a forum like Ski.com that is actually a real community. People can disagree, but they don't feel the need to abuse each other and take cheap shots at those who's views don't align with theirs.

There's far more true weather information there then there ever was on here, and I say that with respect to many of our learned posters that contributed plenty on here over the years.

O' really? whistle

Just wait until you see the manner of which I got piled-on by those feisty, rabid feral dogs over at the "Bear-Pit" depths of Ski.au, in particular the Climate Change thread. Bloody echo-chamber in there!

#1503049 - 26/07/2019 20:52 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Eigerwand Offline
Weather Freak

Eh, I like poking them on this kinda thing because it’s a insight into the way people reason, often extremely poorly.

To shred a couple, JacOb, there were also some very notable cold events back then that equally balance out the great heatwave of 1939 (that one fisherman thinks is the be all and end all of weather events of which to measure climate) or the heat in late 1800’s you refer to. Look up the great snow event of 1900 that blanketed places like Bathurst under feet of snow, or snow in Sydney in 1896 (I think). All these could be used to counter your heat event arguments but then that would demonstrate an ignorance of what establishing the basis of a climate is all about.

Then there’s Pete’s ridiculous point that because humans are adaptable or have shown adaptation in the past to the ongoing changes Mother Nature throws up, somehow that ensures that we will always be able to so. The obvious counterpoint to this is the fact that the world’s resource requirements and the system around servicing the needs of it’s population, absolutely dwarf anything in human history in terms of the difficulties in adapting to rapid changes if need be.

You cannot use an inductive argument, that something was the case in the past to the say that therefore the conclusion is true, only that the conclusion is PROBABLE. We are all engaged in an argument about probable outcomes. Taking whatever steps necessary to ensure that some are as unlikely as possible to eventuate would seem to be the well reasoned approach to me.

Edited by Eigerwand (26/07/2019 20:53)

#1503055 - 26/07/2019 22:10 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Adaminaby Angler]
Snowy Hibbo Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Matlock, Victoria.
Originally Posted By: Homer
Wow.

O' really? whistle

Just wait until you see the manner of which I got piled-on by those feisty, rabid feral dogs over at the "Bear-Pit" depths of Ski.au, in particular the Climate Change thread. Bloody echo-chamber in there!

It’s about finding a balance.

Some discussions like that need to be unmoderated. I told you it was hostile.

That’s why the weather forums are moderated well. So we can have a place for serious discussion. And a place for politics. They need to be separated. No other place on offer really has the ability to do that IMHO.

#1503056 - 26/07/2019 22:20 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Eigerwand]
Adaminaby Angler Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: Eigerwand
Eh, I like poking them on this kinda thing because it’s a insight into the way people reason, often extremely poorly.

To shred a couple, JacOb, there were also some very notable cold events back then that equally balance out the great heatwave of 1939 (that one fisherman thinks is the be all and end all of weather events of which to measure climate) or the heat in late 1800’s you refer to. Look up the great snow event of 1900 that blanketed places like Bathurst under feet of snow, or snow in Sydney in 1896 (I think). All these could be used to counter your heat event arguments but then that would demonstrate an ignorance of what establishing the basis of a climate is all about.

Then there’s Pete’s ridiculous point that because humans are adaptable or have shown adaptation in the past to the ongoing changes Mother Nature throws up, somehow that ensures that we will always be able to so. The obvious counterpoint to this is the fact that the world’s resource requirements and the system around servicing the needs of it’s population, absolutely dwarf anything in human history in terms of the difficulties in adapting to rapid changes if need be.

You cannot use an inductive argument, that something was the case in the past to the say that therefore the conclusion is true, only that the conclusion is PROBABLE. We are all engaged in an argument about probable outcomes. Taking whatever steps necessary to ensure that some are as unlikely as possible to eventuate would seem to be the well reasoned approach to me.

Much to your misinformation, I am well-aware of the late 19th and early 20th Century extreme cold events—alongside extreme heat events. Do you know what this proves, precisely? That so-called "extreme weather events" are getting rarer altogether, much-contrarywise to what the "consensus" preaches; henceforth, a tamer climate.

#1503057 - 26/07/2019 22:30 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Snowy Hibbo]
Adaminaby Angler Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: Snowy Hibbo

That’s why the weather forums are moderated well. So we can have a place for serious discussion. And a place for politics. They need to be separated. No other place on offer really has the ability to do that IMHO.

Righto, I've misjudged it due to taking a dive into the nastiest depths of the forum...pardon my rant.

#1503058 - 26/07/2019 22:43 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Adaminaby Angler]
Snowy Hibbo Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Matlock, Victoria.
Originally Posted By: Snowy Hibbo

Righto, I've misjudged it due to taking a dive into the nastiest depths of the forum...pardon my rant.

Every place needs their venting ground. Some are more separated and better managed than others however.

#1503076 - 27/07/2019 15:36 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
DerekHV Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Aberglasslyn (Maitland) NSW
Still above average for July, up until the last couple of days by the looks of the forecast.
July 2019 certainly has been like that old BP add - ie "the quiet achiever".

#1503088 - 27/07/2019 19:46 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - January to July 2019 [Re: Adaminaby Angler]
Eigerwand Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: Eigerwand

Much to your misinformation, I am well-aware of the late 19th and early 20th Century extreme cold events—alongside extreme heat events. Do you know what this proves, precisely? That so-called "extreme weather events" are getting rarer altogether, much-contrarywise to what the "consensus" preaches; henceforth, a tamer climate.

January of this past summer was probably the most extreme weather event in recorded Australian history in terms of temperature anomalies for a month and the widespread nature of the prolonged heat.

Page 115 of 116 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Billies ride, Jayson Black, NeedMoreLightning, slipperyfish, supercellwish1
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529247 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image