Page 27 of 42 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41 42 >
Topic Options
#202855 - 25/07/2003 12:55 Re: AFL 2003
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Loc: Seaford Meadows, SA
Ok good round coming up and some very good matches, namely Lions v Port.

Brisbane V Port:

Match of the round for mine and it could go either way. Lions havent had their best team on the park lately and it has showed with some losses that they normally would have eaten up savagely. They regain Aker but lose C.Scott and leppa. Port lose P.Burgoyne which hurts dearly for them. Both midfields are awesome and forwards are also powerful with port holding sway. Despite stats showing Port is better than the lions is just about every department, the biggets stat of all is the home ground advantage and not many knock the lions off up there. Only the eagles did but i dont think port will.

Verdict - Brisbane by 15

Adelaide V St.Kilda:

Anything could happen here, the crows could put together 4 1/4's and smash the living hell out of the saints or they could play careful football and make mistakes and slip up and lose it in an upset. Id rather the former, but i can never see the crows putting in 4 quarters, they prob never have this year. Still being at Footy park with Carey, Welsh and maybe Goodwin back they should thrash them.

Verdict - Adelaide by 55

TS cool

#202856 - 26/07/2003 17:31 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

Loc: Natalia Cooper Fan Club - Pert...
Essendon fans should feel rather happy that the gods, but more so the umps had some money on you late in the game. That decision was the worst in the history of football, that guy should be dropped forever. The umpiring wasnt that bad until the last 5 mins which was the most crucial.

Anyway that win keeps the bombers alive.

The Hawks last night were very poor after half time, they didnt kick a goal for 2 1/2 quarters. If the hawks had of kicked better early then they could of gone to the break 3-5 goals up which could of made the result closer by games end. But then again, the eagles wasted there chances at times too. I will agree with the hawks fans and say the umpiring was very poor yesterday. The hawks were on the wrong side of it early but it didnt have an outcome on the match, alot of Vics were also unhappy with the call from 6pr on the radio saying it was Bias. Jeese you Vics are living under a rock, you guys are the most Bias in the country. Besides it pretty hard to pump up a side that doesnt kick a goal for over half a game.

Wake up vics!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#202857 - 26/07/2003 20:07 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

Loc: in between Kilmore and Wallan ...
"Banfield runs to 50 ... I THINK HE'S GOT IT!!!!! OH YESSSSSSSSSS WHAT A GOAL TO DREW BANFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!! DID U SEE THAT KEN JUDGE?"
"I did KARL ... oh goal of the year!" laugh laugh

"Crawford to Rawlings and marks on the 50"
"Can he get the distance from here, Ken?"
"No, Karl"
"He's got the goal"
"That goal was totally unfair, Hawthorn were so lucky to get that goal" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

W.A commentators are by far the most bias and WORST in the country (apart from Dennis, we all love him).

Lloydy deserves a guest role in Neighbours for today's 'performance', which the free kick wasn't there ... We still would of won.

#202858 - 26/07/2003 23:03 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

Turn it up,
Ask any perth bloke and they would tell you if our teams play in Vic that you are lucky to even hear the name of the side mentioned.You vics truly live under a rock. Like i said, i thought the call was good, the first 15 mins was all eagles and they kicked the first 3 goals. If you heard right all 3 actually thought the hawks would win at half time.

Anybod yelse hear the call??

#202859 - 27/07/2003 10:49 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

I'd rather 5AA from Adelaide than 6PR ... at least 5AA give credit where it's due to the opposition team(apart from Neil Kerley, who is S.A's version of Ted Whitten so it's excuseable).

The most pathetic aspect of 6PR on Friday Night was the fact after the game one of the commentators on talkback goes 'It's better than the crap we get served up from over there' ... considering 3AW and 6PR are sister stations, that guy better be careful or he will be out of a job soon.

#202860 - 27/07/2003 17:24 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

Very dissapointing today. We totally threw that match away, we should have won that. 14 points up i thought it was in the bag. Even when it got down to 7 points Pavlich missed and from there is could have been 13 points but the swans went bang, bang, bang. Then to make it even worse with 5 mins left Haselby had a shot he would kick most times ad missed, and he would of made the difference only 4 points. Oh well. We will still make the finals, any chance of a top 5 spot is gone now

#202861 - 27/07/2003 19:07 Re: AFL 2003
Snowies Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Westbury
Despite being an Eagle I think the WA radio commentators are biased, but there certainly no worse than Eddie who must surely be the most biased pro Victorian, pro Collingwood commentator of all time. He manages to work Collingwood into games which they aren't playing!

Besides that the AFL revolves around Melbourne, most of the media is focussed on the Melbourne based teams (in form ones and the out of form ones), the finals are centred around the MCG etc.

#202862 - 27/07/2003 19:33 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

I actually think Fremantle are very vunerable at the moment, a win today would of been very handy but they blew it. They are 10 wins and 7 losses (and with games at Subiaco against Richmond and Bulldogs, which they will win) will make them 12 wins.
However there other games against Kangaroos at MCG, Essendon at TD and Eagles at Subiaco I don't think they will win ... so percentage will be important, so they will have to thrash Richmond and Dogs to be some hope.

We'll have a competition to see what Top 8 is the closest at the end of the year, I've studied the fixture and I've come up with this-

Port 18 4 72
West Coast 16 5 1 66
Sydney 15 7 60
Brisbane 14 7 1 58
Collingwood 14 8 56
Adelaide 13 9 52
Essendon 13 9 52
Fremantle 12 10 48
----------------------------------------
Kangaroos 11 10 1 46

#202863 - 27/07/2003 19:44 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

It is impossible to get an even call. There is always going to be some bias there somewehere. And i think it is important for there to be some bias there but not too much. It was just amazing that Vics thought the call was Bias, when other states didnt think there was anything wrong with the call. Besides, Ken Judge used to coash the hawks and he knows quiet abit about them.

My ladder is exactly the same, except i think we can win one other one. The roos or the eagles we can win. Derbies are always 50,50

#202864 - 27/07/2003 19:51 Re: AFL 2003
Snowies Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Westbury
History would show derbies to be 82.3% weighted towards the Eagles...although the 3 losses have all been the second derby of a year (99, 00 and 02).

#202865 - 27/07/2003 19:53 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

Essendon will probably only lose 1 more game of the year, either Fremantle at TD or Collingwood at MCG. There may be an unexpected loss in either Carlton, Dogs, or Richmond- but if they really want to be in the finals I doubt they'd lose.
I actually hope my predicted ladder dosn't fall that way, the idea of playing Adelaide in Adelaide in the first week isn't exactly appealing ... if Essendon are good enough, they could snatch 5th or 6th.

The Roos will just be kicking themselves they dropped that game against St. Kilda ... that is what will cost them a finals spot.

#202866 - 27/07/2003 19:55 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

I meant this years derby will be 50,50 no matter the ladder posistions

#202867 - 27/07/2003 20:05 Re: AFL 2003
Rainlover Offline

7/8 for me this week, got Port wrong. How'd every one else go?

Rainlover

#202868 - 27/07/2003 20:15 Re: AFL 2003
anewts Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Forestville, NSW
same as RL...all of one point

Andrew

#202869 - 27/07/2003 22:07 Re: AFL 2003
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Im seething at picking brisbane, so close to my first 8 so thats 8 7's now mad

That game last night was the best game ive seen since the crows came from behind to snatch the 1997 prelim, or the essendon v roos shootout a couple of years back which I think Essendon won.

Crows were solid today, id say they were 80% looked deadly without really killing them off. Great game again by roo, Macca was in tune and Johncock with 6 really did stand up smile

Really tough run home tho, do evry well to win more than half of them.

TS cool

#202870 - 27/07/2003 22:37 Re: AFL 2003
teckert Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: NE suburbs, Adelaide, South Au...
My money is on the Roo for the Brownlow..... wink

#202871 - 28/07/2003 14:42 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

Very,Very tough match for the Eagles this week against the saints in Melbourne.The Eagles will be heavy favourites but the injury list is very bad now. This game will really test the depth away from home.Still they should win but by a bare margain i would say with the current list. The saints this year have seemed to bring better sides down to there level and it has worked well for them in melbourne. Quiet a few games have been a scrap and the saints have won, so it is a huge danger game.

Freo are back at home against the tigers and will wear the all purple jumper which i think is great and should be the new away jumper. It is all purple with the white anchor. The tigers could worry freo with there height in the forward line but should be to pacey on Subi in a critical match. Freo have a better side all round but these two teams have had some close games in the last 5 years, just not all that close in the past 2 years laugh very one sided games

#202872 - 29/07/2003 19:37 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

Some pretty one-sided matches look on the agenda this weekend, Adelaide V Sydney looks like being the must-watch game, while St Kilda V West Coast could be some surprise entertainment value.

Bulldogs Vs Melbourne, Friday Night @ TD
If ever a game didn’t deserve the title ‘Friday Night Showcase’ this is it. Got no plans for Friday Night? Intend on staying home and watching the footy? Make plans.
14th Vs 16th- how boring could you get? Melbourne have showed though they can be competitive against most teams despite their ladder position, and the Bulldogs 2 wins out of 17 suggests that you can never tip them- and I won’t be this week. Melbourne by 24.

Fremantle Vs Richmond, Saturday @ Subiaco
Enjoy the win, Danny … Enjoy the form, Richo … Enjoy the winning form, Richmond … because you may not get the feeling again for a while. Fremantle put in a solid performance in Sydney on Sunday, a lot more competitive than most other teams who have travelled up there and at home will be way too strong. Fremantle by 50.

Carlton Vs Essendon, Saturday @ MCG
Essendon under-estimated Carlton in Round 3, and payed the most severe consequences on a cold and wet Friday Night in April. Can they lose to Carlton twice in one year? Doubtful- but the Blues are still a chance here and represent some value for the game punter at $6.25. I doubt Mick Martyn’s 300th game will have much of an emotional effect on the Carlton team, considering 290 or so of these games were played at the Kangaroos. To put it simply, on a dry and sunny day at the G’ Essendon with Hird back, just look to be a few classes above Carlton and it will show on Saturday. Essendon by 36.

Geelong Vs Collingwood, Saturday Night @ Telstra Dome
Collingwood have only won 1 out of their last 7 against the Cats, and it was earlier this year. Geelong have been competitive against the better teams this year, a lot more than their 13th position indicates. This won’t be no cakewalk for Collingwood, but their forward line should prove the difference. Collingwood by 28.

Brisbane Lions Vs Kangaroos, Saturday Night @ Gabba
These two played out an epic in Round 3 at Telstra Dome, and at the Gabba in front of desperate Lions side wanting a win this task looks way too much for the Kangaroos, who after a competitive season sitting in the top 8 are starting to show the effects of a young side in tired mode. Say goodbye to the Top 8, Roos.
Brisbane by 42.

Adelaide Vs Sydney, Sunday @ AAMI
Adelaide have a hard road ahead, and will be looking to win all their home games for the rest of the year. The opposition though this time will be much tougher than St. Kilda last week. Sydney have won 10 out of their last 11, but Jason Ball is a huge blow for their premiership aspirations. In Adelaide, the Crows should be too tough. Crows by 20.

Hawthorn Vs Port Adelaide, Sunday @ MCG
Port were embarrassed last time at the MCG, losing to lowly Melbourne by 5 goals. They will be keen to atone, and with their next visit to the ground likely on September 27 will be keen to put in a good, solid performance. With Hawthorn’s large injury list, and after coming off a Subiaco thrashing the Power will show them how far away they are from the bigtime. Port by 34.

St. Kilda Vs West Coast, Sunday @ TD
The second-last Saints embarrassed eventual finalists, West Coast by 50 points here at the same venue last year. This game should be some quality viewing, with the Eagles mounting injury list proving that this game is far from a certainty, especially away from Subiaco. I doubt the Eagles will slip up here though.
Eagles by 18.

#202873 - 31/07/2003 10:10 Re: AFL 2003
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Ok another great round coming up laugh

Adelaide V Sydney:

Promises to be a great game, hopefully the weather is fine, im tipping it to be very warm with a fair northerly blowing, similar to the game against the saints. Crowd should also be large, another factor in helping the crows. Im angry that the game is being delayed till 4:30pm, i wont be able to see more than 1/4 anyway as I have to go out, but for the game, looks like Welsh might be out, but Carey will be back. Both midfields are strong, and Roo is in brownlow form atm, past 2 weeks been over 30 touches, past 4 over 27. Lots of goalkickers last week and no Ball for Sydney will test them in the ruck against Biglands and Clarke, the best ruck combo going around. In the end, home ground advantage will get them home, and Ayres' rocket after last weeks game might also send them onto the field fired up.

Verdict - Crows by 30.

Hawthorn V Port:

Port cant play to save their life at the MCG, and maybe the same old might happen - they will lose. Hope so, would love to see them get drilled to the bone but cant see it this time, Surely they will win at the MCG for once, they will want to, the GF is also played there. In the end, Port should have too much power all over, but dont be surprised if the hawks put up a real fight - mind u after going to Perth, they might not have the energy to do so.

Verdict - Port by 24.

TS cool

#202874 - 01/08/2003 16:32 Re: AFL 2003
Kirk Offline

West Coast vs Saints.

Big danger game this week, going in without most of the big guns and away from home this one will really test the depth. The saints have played well at telstra dome and we all know how well they play when they are up and going, they can be a very dangerous side, but there worst is real bad so it will be interesting to see which saints side turns up. Last year they gave the eagles a belting and that was probably the eagles worst defict in the last 2 years, I can't see it being the same way but with the eagles missing the big guns this might be the last game they drop for the year. They are quiet clear favourites but it is far from a certaintly. In the context of things if the eagles lose and port win, while the swans also lose then port will be 10 points shead of the eagles and 2 games ahead of the swans. That would mean port would stamp top spot for the rest of the season.

Fremantle vs Richmond

Alot of tigers fans think they are a real chance this week after belting the bottom side. But everything points to an easy freo victory. It is the purple haze day were alot will be wearing the purple, hopefully it will turn out to be a specticle. Richmond have some dangerous players but freo has the height in the back line to cover that. While the tigers are abit short down back. This could turn out to be abit of a blowout but the weather might have something to say about this game. Rain, again... frown
Freo must win the two remaining home games against the tigers and bulldogs to be any chance of the finals. Fremantle either have to beat the bombers or the roos in melbourne, or the derby to get the 13th and I think they can win one of those games.

Verdict:
Saints by 8 points
Fremantle by 27 points

Page 27 of 42 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41 42 >

Who's Online
4 registered (Kino, adon, 2 invisible), 250 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
LightningGus, Mikezoom, Ploddy
Forum Stats
29368 Members
32 Forums
23680 Topics
1461903 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image