Page 42 of 42 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42
Topic Options
#203155 - 20/10/2003 12:12 Re: AFL 2003
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Loc: Seaford Meadows, SA
Its better than the list u had, but really all u have done is take junk from the junkpile and replaced it with nearly as much junk. Stevens wont have his heart in it, he would rather play for the pies thats for sure. Cant see Carlton going anywhere but the spoon in 2004.

TS cool

#203156 - 20/10/2003 20:40 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

Loc: in between Kilmore and Wallan ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderstruck:
Cant see Carlton going anywhere but the spoon in 2004.
Agreed, they are stuffed for a few more years yet. While their recruited bunch of C-grade players are a tad better than the some of the players they dished up this year, I still feel 2006 will be the year we see some fair improvement at Carlton.
My prediction for the Blues next year is 14th or 15th, they may win 1 or 2 more games than this year. No doubt they will fluke another win over Essendon, yearly tradition hey Rainlover? :p

Essendon did well in securing Alvey and Pick 6 for Jacobs ... they have a quality, hard running midfielder in Alvey and can get an absolute quality player of the future in the draft.
Allan will be serviceable off the bench next year, I have a feeling he will be a bit of a surprise packet and will give Essendon lots of service.
Murphy is a very, very interesting one - perhaps a winning environment, new coach will get the best out of him. He's only 27, may be just a fringe player next year considering our depth regarding midfield youth. Could even play him forward. Considering we traded him for Corey McGrath who struggled to get a game for us for years, I don't think he is a huge risk. And Allan for pick 60 is a steal!

I am really looking forward to the 2004 footy season! I honestly think the Dons will do quite well next year, may even push top 4 - I think they are good enough too anyway.

I'll give some team by team predictions into how they will go in 2004 after the draft.

#203157 - 20/10/2003 21:05 Re: AFL 2003
Rainlover Offline

It seems to be a yearly event Matt! I dont know why! :p

I think we'll finish 12th-14th....some people seem to underestimate Pagan's ability to bring a team back from the bottom.

The Murphy/Mcgrath trade - well no one really lost anything, and it may be a win win for both teams as in a new environment they could perform well.

Stevens and Scotland C Grade? wink

I guess time will tell. smile

Rainlover

#203158 - 20/10/2003 21:14 Re: AFL 2003
mattmelb02 Offline

Loc: in between Kilmore and Wallan ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rainlover:
Stevens and Scotland C Grade? wink

I guess time will tell. smile

Rainlover
Scotland - B-

By the way, you havn't 100% secured Stevens yet ... but I'll give him a B+ , would of got an A but loses a point for his reputation as being a receiver.

:p

#203159 - 21/10/2003 10:45 Re: AFL 2003
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

U gained:

Stevens = B+ Hard running receiver

Scotland = B Underated found it hard to break into the pies good midfield but should have no worries about doing the same into the blues.

Teague = C Started off his career well under Pagan but was out of favour with Laidley. Would be handy across half back for Carlton, has a real dig, but lacks pace and polish.

Morrell = C Spasmodic forward, might kick 4 or 5 one week and then average 3 touches for the next month. Given Fevola will be the FF, he might get a pocket role, cant see him holding down CHF.

McGrath = C Has good potential, didnt get enuff chances at Essendon, can be a matchwinner but sometimes is found wanting. Capable of kicking a bag.

Harford = C- Was a B grade player but really lost it with the hawks this year. Might rekindle some passion and fire with the blues but I doubt it.

U lost:

Beaumont = B Played a great season mostly at CHB, to trade him was a disgrace, very versatile player can also go forward and kick a bag. I remember him kicking 8 once.

Murphy = A- in 1999, now a C+ He was one of the best ballgetters in the AFL back then, but once Parkin went so did his form. Really down the drain atm but is a loss given what he can do.

Allan = A- in his All Aus year, B grade other years and a D grade this year but now I rate him a C+ and could even be a B grader again if he rediscovers his true form. You dont get All Aus honours handed to u on a platter.

Mckernan - Club B&F in 2002, had a bad year, u get rid of him. Also getting rid of Allan has really put pressure on you rucking stocks. Do u seriously expect French to ruck all year? Firstly he is barely capable of doing so and secondly, he might get injured, and then who? If u dont get Kepler Bradley, ull be in deep.

Who else?

TS cool

#203160 - 22/10/2003 22:08 Re: AFL 2003
Rainlover Offline

There are a few ruckmen Pagan will be chasing in the national draft...might be some bloke from the western jets...or someone from the VFL..

Angwin won't be promoted - he'll stay on the rookie list - too much at risk if we promote him.

#2 pick will be used on Andrew Walker, this bloke is the next Pavlich, 189cm, grown 4cm this year, is not only an athlete, but a footballer too.

Stevens will be training with Carlton within 3 weeks...

Club is very close to finding a major sponsor.

:nerd:

Rainlover

#203161 - 23/10/2003 10:25 Re: AFL 2003
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

LOL....well ud be mad not to take Sylvia, he's going to be and outright champion, he is pretty much as good as Cooney but is harder at it. He doesnt have as many strings to his bow tho.

Walker is overated.

TS cool

Page 42 of 42 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42

Who's Online
5 registered (Twister1, betsuin, Wave Rider, aussiestormfreak, 1 invisible), 279 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Roddy, sparra
Forum Stats
29315 Members
32 Forums
23644 Topics
1456611 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image