Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#234951 - 15/11/2005 14:06 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Jacob Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Sydney, NSW
LOL @ caring about a childs education..!!! Yes.. the liberals have a STRONG history of caring about health and education. A budget surplus made by raping our social infrastructure.. The very thing that sets us aside from half the world...

:rolleyes:

#234952 - 15/11/2005 14:08 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Me Offline

Loc: Glenbrook NSW
You obviously haven't had to work for small companies that fail to pay their employees for three months at a time, telling their employees to put their expenses on their mortgage. Now they will have the additional power to sack their employees if they complain! Or tree lopping companies that force their employees to do dangerous work. What about the kid who fell to his death because he was too scared to ask whether he should be wearing fall arrest gear, for fear of being sacked? No, you lot think that this is over pay. You whinge because poor bubby can't go to school today! Think about the truckie who has been forced by his boss to drive for the last 14 hours straight. I sure hope he won't be anywhere near you!

#234953 - 15/11/2005 14:17 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Jacob Offline

Hehe.. very short sighted I agree "me". Americanising our industrial relations is the SMARTEST IDEA yet. America sets the world standard in so many ways. Fantastic labour market there, good pay, and no poverty. Unlike those silly commielike countries in Europe (Netherlands, Estonia, Sweden etc) that actually have a fully functional welfare system. Those terrible countries only have people on the streets by choice..

Better to be American and be forced to the street in a proper way!

First pay cuts should be the GHASTLY politicians superannuation scheme. This would free an enourmous amount of money that could be spent on hospitals and schools. Let politicians WORK for their money after their term in government like EVERYONE else.

Or are the laws for 'some' and 'others'... :rolleyes:

#234954 - 15/11/2005 14:26 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Bryan Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Beenleigh,
Jacob, I consider you a friend of mine! I really do, but I must say that you really have a tiny insight onto the work that politicians really do. Please Jacob, actually work as a politician for a while then comment. The pollies work very hard and have to make decisions!

ALSO, it is easy for you to say "this is what should happen, this is what should not happen" and to comment etc. it is easy for you to do that because you can say it without ever having to take responsibility for your actions...politicians cannot do things without a potential backlash.

Really, you really need read up on some of the laws and have a look at it in a non UNI law student type way and see it in a FUTURISTIC way.

Our system is old! If we update our system then that would mean we, Australian will become more competitive in the world market, therefore bringing more money into this country for us to use on things within our borders. Business WONT hire as many people with the current laws because it is sooooooo risky that you can have legal action taken out against you (a business) for doing something so minor or even sacking someone when your business is not able to pay for their wages.

#234955 - 15/11/2005 14:29 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Mega Offline

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

#234956 - 15/11/2005 14:33 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Jacob Offline

Bryan.. son.

Thanks for telling me Im stupid.. and your saying that any political pursuasion aside from your own is 'wrong' or 'silly'?

There are countries that operate on fundamental principles provided by all sides of the political spectrum. And such things as 'businesses wont hire people because its too risk' what a load of rubbish.

Why on Earth are we booming now? Surely because every business was 'too scared' to employ people? laugh

Im not stupid by the way wink and niether is anyone with different political ideas..

#234957 - 15/11/2005 14:35 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Me Offline

Loc: Glenbrook NSW
Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:
Jacob, I consider you a friend of mine! I really do, but I must say that you really have a tiny insight onto the work that politicians really do. Please Jacob, actually work as a politician for a while then comment. The pollies work very hard and have to make decisions!

Oh my God, where's my bucket! eek

#234958 - 15/11/2005 14:39 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Bryan Offline
Weatherzone Addict

We are booming now, yes, domestically mainly. But we can have more if we want. But in order to stay booming we must change....so when you reach a goal do you stop and try no more?

Or like my Good friend (That I shook hands with on the weekend) John Howard says

"Its like a race with a forever receding finishing line, you cannot stop because you will be taken over by your competitors".

Yes, do you own a business? We do. We also know a lot of people who do, and businesses wont hire as many people as they potentially can due to the current union run laws!

#234959 - 15/11/2005 14:41 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Jacob Offline

Yes Bryan.. the basis is, Lower the wages, and employ more people.

Instead of 1 person for $20 an hour, lets get 2 guys for $10 an hour. Unemployment drops! costs of production decrease! business BOOMS!

(families starve).

#234960 - 15/11/2005 14:47 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Smitty Offline
Hydrologist

Loc: Melbourne City
Yes all those pollies sitting in safe seats... geez they work so hard!!!!! They work hard at tugging it!

#234961 - 15/11/2005 14:53 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
rainstorm Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: united states
i have to agree with mr howard on this

#234962 - 15/11/2005 14:55 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Bryan Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Ok well, I will leave you extremely well informed people for a while, I know you all have had so much to do with politics and are veterans of politics so I will just allow you to scream your comments out aloud. I am just so sure it is a piece of cake getting into parliament with no effort required! Of course you would know! *my ears are fully open*.

#234963 - 15/11/2005 15:00 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Smitty Offline
Hydrologist

Loc: Melbourne City
And because your doing 1st year law/politics you MUST be right and we are all wrong!

Hmm i think you should play for Uruguay... It's their god given right to play in the world cup since they have won it 3 times before....

#234964 - 15/11/2005 15:13 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Gulf Lines Offline
Banned member

Bryan - Cmon mate you expect too much from Democrat and Greens supporters. wink And they say that Liberal voters are narrow-minded lol!

Their idea of an economy is called "the dole". They think that money grows on trees and in fairies and little green men. Ohhh sounds like something Homer has said! wink :p

#234965 - 15/11/2005 15:46 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
materwood Offline

Loc: mapleton
Aw don't stop now you guys, I was enjoying the repartee, the quick come back, could almost hear the exchanges, fabulous passion,
.... seems Johnnyís mates in the US have shafted the Australian wheat farmers good and proper ... good to see how fair dinkum mates look after each other in the dog eat dog world of US style business ... but don't worry there's no chance our foreign policy is going to be affected ... of course we can afford to lose every wheat farmer, every cotton grower,& all our sheep farmers to boot ... just like we can afford to retrench 12,000 workers from telstra ... and we can afford to screw the next generation of workers to ensure that some businesses can pretend to compete with the big boys ...
IMO if a fair go means anything, it can't be selective ... we can't cry foul when market forces kill off our primary industries and our manufacturing sectors and then fight like hell to ensure that those same forces cripple the safety net that has created a reasonably fair society.
I am so pleased that I've secured my little piece of ground, at least I've got some chance of being self sufficient: you know grow a few vegs, catch me some rain ..but it's not going to be easy for those who ain't got no soil to till ...they're going to be grist for the mills of exploitation, and the leery eyed boss who'll want favours, wink, wink under the desk.
Yup weíre moving forward into a brave new world, a world where itís every man for himself, and stuff those who arenít man enough to cut it.

#234966 - 15/11/2005 16:14 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Rainlover Offline

Do workers in the US get extra $$$ for working Christmas Day?

Rainlover

#234967 - 15/11/2005 16:30 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Keith Offline

Loc: Kings Langley, NSW
Quote:
Originally posted by materwood:

.... seems Johnnyís mates in the US have shafted the Australian wheat farmers good and proper ... good to see how fair dinkum mates look after each other in the dog eat dog world of US style business ... but don't worry there's no chance our foreign policy is going to be affected ...
Of course. Everything's America's fault. Bash the US and the world banking system enough and they might just lay low enough to let the rest of us get on with our own greedy attitudes. Nothing like the independence of doing it our way.

I don't like employers ripping people off any more than anyone else, but since when has greed been the sole province of corporations? Do we ever look at our own individual selves for answers? The path from there to corporate and union greed is straight.

Or was it only the Soviet Union's 'new communist man' of 1917 that defined the perfection of the human race?

#234968 - 15/11/2005 16:36 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Gulf Lines Offline
Banned member

....indeed I would hazard to guess that any number of people in here have stolen from their employers - either by way of the ol sick day when not sick, personal telephone calls, use of photocopier, etc etc etc and see it as "ok - it's my right".

#234969 - 15/11/2005 17:33 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
materwood Offline

Loc: mapleton
I'm one of those strange employers who always insisted that her workers had a pie on the house if they wanted one for lunch, would drive them to the doctor if they were sick and would gladly give leftovers at the end of the day to striking unionists, 'cause I knew that if they had money in their pocket they'd send it my way...if they went hungry so would I, and I can tell you that loyalty is rewarded...
I am proud to be an Australian, I am proud to have been self employed since I left high school (more than 30 years), and I have been mightly proud to have been a supporter of unionism.If the unions were so much to be feared and so overwhelmingly powerful I doubt that the likes of Macquarie bank would be making record profits.
I am 100% in favour of a community voicing dissent against the government, to stifle dissent is to allow the festering of dictatorship and history indicates that this is a very dangerous path to follow, whatever the government's ilk. May you all bless the fact that you aren't forced to live in Zimbabwe, or North Korea.
Genuine concern for the suffering of our fellow travellers on this planet is a worthy virtue, I don't believe that the Howard government shares my concern... in fact they seem hell bent on denying the basic human needs of a great many. I am getting more and more suspicious of their law making and hope that our basic human rights will survive.

#234970 - 15/11/2005 17:36 Re: Day of Action : 15th November
Gulf Lines Offline
Banned member

What a great idealist you are. Must be nice to live in that world of yours....

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
5 registered (Kino, adon, Sidney, 2 invisible), 250 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
LightningGus, Mikezoom, Ploddy
Forum Stats
29368 Members
32 Forums
23680 Topics
1461903 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image