NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#245737 - 19/09/2002 06:48 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Nowra nsw
Gday Fine :wave:

Yes Mate;POST AWAY.. :cheers:

I wanted to start a fishing thread off,as you seen they have a surfing thread a mile long,lets do the same here.. smile smile smile

I havent been fishing lately,typical Sth Coast weather,either to windy or to cold(sounds like the typical fisho excuse doesnt it)..

I have a Quintrex 3.75 Dart with a 15 HP Merc,all brand new,bought it in April 2002.

Cant wait to get it wet again and get among the fish..

Please Keep posting Fine smile

Craig :cheers:

#245738 - 19/09/2002 10:04 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Albany.W.A.
Thanks for welcome Craig, at last i've found a place where i might make meaningful contribution instead of sucking up everyone elses knowledge --a little point, i wonder if what u call "garfish" - what we call "gardies" over here? Loooong pointed nose, thin fish with lots fine little bones that make eating a pain? If they are, we get them here about 30 - 40 cms long, and if caught in the sea, they are beauuutiful eating!

Might be teaching u to suck eggs, but trick is to roll a bottle or rolling pin along the the entire length of the fish, u'l hear and feel the bones leaving the skin. Then, roll in cornflour & pan fry well, both sides & the the meat will lift off the central backbone and leave most of those besky fines bones behind. Not good fish for kids, as u still have to be careful about fine bones. Some of us think if its well cooked and u've got tough old mouth u crunch up any bones left! If its the same fish it is a distinct flavour either u love em or hate em.

Less than 30 cm is a bit difficult to do. Fresh smaller ones are SOMETIMES good whole baits on threble hooks for salmon & tailor. We actually target gardies in July/August by fishing with no sinker and use the smallest hook u can find with minute bit of prawn.

Bit like squid, years ago only used for bait, now fighting each other to see who keeps it!
:cheers:

#245739 - 19/09/2002 10:28 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Ya welcum Fine; :wave:

#245740 - 19/09/2002 21:20 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

No trubs Craig - handles Tony, yes have 2 Prawnstars (natural light brown & pink) amazing little critters with a tail thats hinged and flicks when u tug the line - PROBLEM have never caught a fish with either!!!! Have u had some luck - if so from the boat or shore, and have u flicked it across the bottom or do u leave it just lay?

With the big gardies, (if they are the same as ours - silver and irridescent blue) rolling the bottle along them breaks the bones away from the meat including off the rib cage. Then when u cook them and the meat starts to lift, just slip sharp pointed knife along from dorsal fine downwards and with a bit of trail & error, u'll get a clean half side fillet. If u like herbs, i crush fennell seeds and put it with the cornflour. A real hot pan with little oil gives nice brown crisp skin. My father (80 something) rates them with whiting - i'm bit more fussy, but certainly like them - the bigger the better as getting rid of bones is easier. If u catch a lot, pick out a biggy and quietly try it when your home alone so u can spit the lot out if u don't like them. For years i only used then for bait, then got pleasant surprise - have u ever tried them?

More serious fish - KG's (King Geoge Whiting) - do u get them there? My most favourite eating fish. A good one would be 40-45 cms. Legal size here is 28cm. Best bait is fine strips of squid flaps (we eat all the tubes) which we hammer to make very tender & thread back and forth along a long shank hook. On a light rod out of the boat they are great sport. We've just started on KG's last few weeks, but that big front has made too bigger swells and lot of weed in the water so did'nt go out this week. Planned to go after squid with lure this evening, then had unexpected farm job to do so missed out - anyway they'll be a day or two bigger next time!

#245741 - 19/09/2002 22:11 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Tony; :wave:

Yes.. laugh ,i have caught 2 fish myself and my 16yr old son has caught one fish using the prawn star,only on the natural looking one..

WE was fishing from the shore,on this particular day,no never used them in the boat as yet,plan on it soon as the weather get better,all fish were Bream,my son Dale casted his out and allowed it to float,i retreived my one though..

By the way,im 35yrs old,no i had never tried Garfish,as my wife Lynette said,going by your recipt,sounds nice and i shouldnt put a fish down till ive tried it,well i certainly will be using herbs aswell without the herbs..

Yes we certainly do get the great King George,"Love catching them on light gear",wow,what a fish,theyre fun aswell as great eating.

This fishing season,i plan on doing a fair amount of live-baiting for the lizards(Flathead),we normally drift or use plastic jigs,this year i plan on as i said,live baiting,,,have you tried live baiting for the "Flatties"?

Anyway Tony i will hear from you in your next post

Pleased to of met you too :wave:

#245742 - 19/09/2002 23:39 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Back again Craig, my wife is a very keen Bridge player about umpteen nights a week, so fishing & weather are my hobbies. I'm 55 yo, and what joy it gave me to see u fish with u're son - he will have some of his greatest memories for life of your times together - well done. My son is 26yo and works both ovewrseas & eastern states, we still have great times when he comes home & go fishing together. He did'nt get home at Xmas last year, but got home for Easter and caught a 9kg Salmon - what a thrill for us both!

Yes, I love fishing for and eating lizards but i'm don't quite know what the "plastic jig" is - could u explain. No, i've never used live bait for them, but with that big mouth recon they would really chase the right live bait. I find that this is one of the few fish, that i fish for at LOW tide from the shore. Also have found they are scavengers and quite often its the oldest, smelliest piece of fish bait that gets them. I always use a burley cage with old oil from cooking fish mixed with bran in the plastic burley cage and sometime the cheeky devils chew on the burley cage! Hook on the end of the line with a running sinker after the burley cage is my most successful rig. A friend of mine catches as many as me, and fishes with a tight line - who knows? I'm a great believer in that when u're not catching fish, changing the type of rig can help?

Have u tried the "Solunar Guide"? It is tied to tides, and i love 30 minutes before and 1 hr after full high tide. A good solunar time that coincides with sundown is a really good time? I keep a lot of records and have just started recording water temperature. I dont think u can predict fish too exactly, but u can certainly improve u're chances by recognising certain conditions - what do u think?

:cheers: T.

#245743 - 20/09/2002 21:13 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony :wave:

In regard to the plastic jig,its a little plastic rubber lure ideal for flathead,its pretty hard to describe,all i can suggest is,go into your local tackle store and ask for either the plastic OR rubber jig which is ideal for flathead,hopefully they may have one to show you,,,better still do you have K.Mart there,they sell them..

Fishing & weather are my hobbies too,infact funny enough before a mate told me about "WeatherZone",i actually was S**T Scared of thunder storms,no matter how severe,i was scared,now that ive been in weatherzone for nearly 12 months,reading about them and asking questions etc,i now look forward to a good thunder storm ,funny isnt it,but very true,but,I HATE THE WINDS,we experienced winds Wednesday night up to 64 knots..

Here is a question;do you know on how to fix a nipper pump,mine is stiff and very hard to pull(that sounds good hey smile )it up,,ive tried spraying it with wd-40,makes no difference,,any helpful ideas please..

Dale and I really enjoy going fishing together,yes i fully agree with you,great time together for father and son,infact he can be very annoying,using the same rig,same bait,same location(naturally in the boat),but he seems to catch more fish than me,do you beleive its luck or do you think he talks to the fish or better still,has a secret diver below?,what do you make of that.. cool

My wife Lynette is a real book worm,loves to read,especially the romance books,"Mills & Boons" mad ,my 2 daughters,Erin & Hollie(13 & 5)also hate fishing,so its great times for Dale and I to have peice and quiet,as much as i love the girls and the MRS,it certainly is peiceful,,geez arent i nice..

Anyway Tony,Take care and my regards to your wife too..

Craig.

#245744 - 20/09/2002 23:00 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Craig and family,
Yes, we had K'Mart just open last Monday - i've been saving up for months since they started building ! Bought new rod & reel on thier opennig specials after spending 2 hours examining every bit of tackle in the dept! Will have to go back and get plastic flathead jig.

No, can't help on the pump as we don't use them down here - no nippers here. Just an idea, when dealing with fishing tackle i try to never use mineral oil on anything as fish hate mineral oil & citric acid - like a lot of professional fishing operations, we never allow oranges in the boat or in the food basket when fishing! Have to be very careful lubing reels - know some people use vegetable oil, but i think thats going a bit far, i'm just very careful with sewing machine oil or vaciline jelly.

Often find the youngsters are quicker to hook fish, reactions just split second faster, but on some fish thats no help - ie bream and flathead. Sometimes find KG finicky and have to let them play with the bait before striking?

Hope Dale & u can get out this weekend, see SA getting fairly strong wind ATM - might be safer on shore than in boat? i've got Farmers Markets in morning, midnight finish packing tonite, then 5-30 start - no fishing Sat or Sun. Usually fish Tues or Wed plus evenings. Have good weekend i've got to do my share of getting ready now - just looked in after stopping for a cuppa. Remember we're 2 behind u -ie 9pm now.

Thanks for sharing u're fish & family news - forum really makes Oz a smaller place & easy to meet so many really top people!
:cheers: T

#245745 - 21/09/2002 22:05 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony :wave:

Took Dale fishing today,we was out in the quintrex and did well..

We used live poddy mullet for flathead,got 4 but the best was 2 trevally weighing in at 4pd,NO LIE,what a sport fish...can they fight..its call hang on and hope for the best,it was great fun..its a must,catch a few poddy mullet,wack them on live and wait..well worth the wait,yes we are re heading back out there tomorrow,,,,,i cant wait for the sun to cum up again to get out and hopefully catch more trevally....

If you get out through the week Tony,and you use the live baits,please let me know on how you go...

Sorry about the late posting here tonight,,had to go visit rellos(relatives)..

Look forward on hearing from you mate..

Take care to you all

Craig :wave:

#245746 - 21/09/2002 23:57 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Big thumbs up Craig & Dale 2 X 4 pd trevally WOW - i'm laugh green with envy! I think we call the same fish a skippy over here, big fellows called golden trevally up the north west?

Its the shape that gives them the power is'nt it. We catch them up to 2 pd in close down here, but have to go out almost to the continental shelf to get the big ones like ur's - & we don't go out that far!

Our skippy have a very soft outer lip, u have to be careful lifting from the water, cause after a great fight, i've lost them just as u lift out of water. We use a net to lift any 2+ pds.

I know some people don't like eating them, but fresh they're good, not so good freezing. I fillet & shin mine, take out the red meat along the lateral line cause there are also some little bones there. Have found that leaving the fillets in lemon juice for no more than 5 mins takes away the oily flavour - i do this to herring also. Would then put flour and seasoning/herbs into plastic bag, shake about then put floured fillets in the fridge for 30 mins (so flour sticks better) then quickly cook in hot fry pan with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter - this crips the coating - how would u do them?

What is the seat configeration in the Quintrex, 2 front and 2 back - do u have rear or front steering? I ask this cause i've had skippy go madly around the boat when hooked sometimes! They are an exciting fish and i can see why u want to get out again tomorrow! Fantastic news, approx what time did u hook them and what is the closest weather recarding station to u, be interesting to see what bara pressure was around that time and where the tide was? Time for some ZZZ for me - we had a good day today at F/Markets - absolutely perfect weather with lots of people, was late to bed 2am up at 5-30am so big sleep tonight - thats where i'm heading now - will await tomorrows report with huge anticipation!
regards to all - T

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#245747 - 22/09/2002 22:09 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony; :wave:

To begin with,yesterday the tide was at half peak,in my books,im saying half way up to high tide,it was about 7am in the morning at time of first hook up to the first trevally..

Our nearest radar thingo is in Wollongong,about roughly 75 k,s away from us..

My quintrex is only 3.75 tinnie( 13 foot)and powered by a 15h.p mercury,its a tiller steer,steered by the motor,well i guess you obviously know that,so yes,plenty of room,but not enough when ya playing a good sport fish like the trevally..

The trevally was caught in the Shoalhaven RIVER,yes a river,i was as shocked as you are reading the word "RIVER",they were beautifully golden too,infact to nice a fish to of brought back in..

When i clean the trevally,i fillet and skin them,and wack flour on them and deep fry them,followed by a good sqeeze of fresh lemon juice over them..

** Today;
Dale and i went out,same time,boat was in the water around 6am,caught a few poddy mullet,but nothing except flatties and chopper tailor,,no trevally was seen by my boat,,but,,another boat got 7,little bigger than what we got yesterday,today i left the berley(chicken pellets & sunflour seeds soaked in tuna oil),wheather the fact we didnt have the berley or not made the difference,i dont know,yes i had that exact berley mix yesterday.,we dont know if the other boats had berley or not,i dont like to ask others to many questions like that,the flathead and tailor were all under size fish..worse luck,but,it was a nice day out either way,when im out in the boat ,its like sitting down in front of the TV watching home & away,its great..

Anyway,nothing else to report at this point..

Take care & hope to hear from ya soon..

Craig

#245748 - 22/09/2002 23:23 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Craig & Dale : Ain't that just fishing, same everything but none of the fish u were targeting. Remember a poor days fishing is better than a good days work! My experience is that trevally / skippy are very much a "school" fish, u either get them or don't depending on where the schools moving. We also find that u might catch 3 or 4 very much same size, then the school moves on, then u might catch 3 or 4 again all the same size, but different size to the first school. I use the burley once i catch one, to try and keep the school interested and feeding. Hard to keep them biting much over 20 mins, so then we move about & try and find another school. But i've never caught a 4 pd skippy!

Do u sit at the back and Dale up the front? This lets u both fish the same side if they're biting. In boats that u both sit up front, u have to fish to u're own side or out the back. We use 2 boats, (3.5 boat like u'rs for estuary& river & a 5 m forward control Qwintrex for open ocean only go 1 km out) neither boats are mine both are my mates. My fishing mate is over 70 and i'm supposed to be his minder or his wife won't let him go out! Might sound silly, but many times when we use the bigger boat and sit next to each other up the front and fish each side, one side can catch lot more fish than the other, even just letting the line drop straight down - its so hard to understand why this happens??

Catching the trevally up the river is a bit interesting too? How wide and deep is the river? I saw a TV fishing program last week on NSW and they were at a place called "Yambu" I think? It had fantastic reef/sand bottom to fish from the shore - they got quite a few different species but NO 4 pd trevally! Do u have any of that type of fishing country? I dont think we will be getting out this week in either boat, as there is rough weather forcast till Thursday - might try beach fishing if its not too wet.

My wifes name is Vivienne, & she's playing bridge tonight. I have 2 grown up children boy 27, girl 25. My daughter lives & works in Perth. My son works in Eastern States & overseas. Neither are married or have any children. So we are at that stage of life where we are home by ourselves and no longer have the huge family responsibilities that go with bring up a family at home. Its a very different life when the kids leave home and become self sufficient - u certainly have a lot more time to yourself & financial pressure diminishes considerably, but there is a big gap in your life when they go - funny trade off isnt it - thats why I'm so pleased u and Dale are getting the most out of life now! By the way u didn't say who caught what fish yesterday?

Must go - hope these fronts get passed u by next weekend so the trevally can challenge u again!

:wave: T.

#245749 - 23/09/2002 21:09 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony & Vivienne(please to meet you Viv) wink

Dale and i both got the tailor and flatties,about the same each,i just asked who would of caught the most,but he said it was about the same..

We both fish out of the same side majority of the time of the boat,BUT,thats a interesting point,when Dale and I fish from the shore,we both fish a good 3-5 metres apart,why,i dont really know,we have always did it ,PLUS ,we generally use a different rig to each other when shore fishing....strange isnt it,,its mainly to see which works best plus that way,we cant say if only i did this or did that,we can say we tried it,yes we tell each other what we are doing so therefore,we know what each other is doing and have tried..

The river where we fish,its a gravel bottom near a reef,not far from the mouth of the river to the sea,alot of weed where we fish too,and it drops from 8 ft-16ft of water,very deep drop off,at times its hard to either drft over the drop off or anchor on it due to the current can be extremely strong at times..infact,you can nearly see the fish below you,weather pending as the river is so clear at the moment,which i hate..

I always beleive in going fishing in pairs like you and your mate,,,safety is always a must when boating no matter the age..Pleased to of read that in your post,,WELL DONE!!! :wave:

#245750 - 24/09/2002 00:06 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Craig & family, We do similar on the beach, if there's no drift along beach we stand near each other and cast 45 degree off centre so we don't get tangles. If one gets something really big on the other brings line in. We usually start off with 2 different riggs to see whats about, unless we're going out to specially target a fish. If we're after a specific fish, we use same rigg but will sometimes use different types of hooks to see if one works better than other and change to the successful catcher. Find chemical sharpened hooks are the best, but only use for one day - find u can't sharpen a chemical hook?

Your river seems a fantastic spot, trevally/skippy love reefs. Too rough for Tue & Wed this week for us, might try for squid off beach with jig, if i can find a protected spot. U might find next 6-8 days a bit quiet - full moon sometimes slows fish up a bit? - i'd recon 1st Oct to 10th Oct might be a good bet depending on weather.

Let u know what happened on Thurs nite - :wave: T

#245751 - 24/09/2002 21:28 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony & Vivienne :wave:

I look forward to your post Thursday night..

We have very warm weather here at present,to hot to go fishing and i agree with you regarding the moon..

Both Dale & I use chemically sharpened hooks all the time,yet,as soon as we catch a fish,we change hooks,throw the other one away,,do you do the same?

Look forward on hearing from you Thursday..

Take care to you both..

Craig,Lynette,family..

#245752 - 25/09/2002 21:26 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Craig & family, No luck over this side, too rough for boat or beach, have to have our fish out of freezer this week!

Re: Chem sharp hooks, no i don't change after each fish catch unless the hook tip is damaged when getting it out of fishes mouth. Get a bit excited and want to get line back in quickly to keep little devil interested! Most days normally i have to replace hook & lead once or twice because of hook up on the bottom - when either the hook breaks off leader or hook tip is damaged on reef or weed. For non-chemical hooks ie treble hooks for salmon i carry a little "points/sparkplug" file always touch up at every second or third bait up.

Have found that chemical hooks are no good after being used & allowed to dry, likewise if the hooks get damp in the tackle box and then dry, the point is not so good.

Looks like its hot over u'r way from comments in other forums - do u ever get a chance for evening fishing in the week? Also notice your petrol thread is getting some action, when i go to town tomorrow morning i will write down the prices, think unleaded is about $1 to $1.02 lead replacement $1.03 to $1.05 but will get exact price before making a post there.

Hope everyones well, we're inside with fire roaring away - 6 degrees last nite & not a lot warmer tonite, Viv's bridge partners gone to Melbourne for 2 weeks so she's going to make sure i get on with dreded GST return and will disconect computer line if i don't get move along so must go!

:cheers: to all - T.

#245753 - 25/09/2002 22:04 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony,Vivienne; :wave:

Before i say anything regarding the fishing,yes i must admit,id say the fuel prices are likely to soar now that there is talk that the war in Iraq is going to go ahead.."NOT HAPPY",considering we have our own oil revinerys here in Aus..

I can get out at night,but,i wont go due to the last time i went beach fishing,i caught alot of salmon,and big tailor,but had NO CAR to go home in,,,my other commodore i had got stolen,,,it cost me $45- in a taxi,then i couldnt take the fish home in the taxi,,,not happy as i had clean them,so therefore i couldnt do anything with them except throw them back into the ocean,(which i felt so ashamed),so i will no longer go fishing at night unless i can keep a clear eye on the VS commodore i drive now,i HATE car theives so much..

Now you mentioned it,i may go tomorrow night down the river below the Nowra road bridge,i beleive a few decent Bream are being caught on squirt worms(blood worms),if i can get the tide right,i might get a few worms and give it a go,i will let you know on how i go..

Nothing else to report,except!!!i hope im NOT annoying you..

Craig & Family
:wave: :cheers:

#245754 - 25/09/2002 23:58 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Craig, don't know if ur still up, I just finished GST for nite & thought i'd see if u'd called in & theres a posting! Nothing to be annoyed about Craig, i can't get enough fishing talk, & its great to hear from someone on the other side of Oz who is so dedicated as u & Dale.
What "b******s" to steal yur car! It also happens here, but Vivs is the good car mines an old 1985 Volvo and no respectible thief would want it - probably never get it started anyway! We usually take a 4 w/d on the beach if we go, usually from Dec to Mar when its warmer. The car stealing aside, U certainly got a great catch that night - how big was the tailer? - i've never got a big tailer - salmon are our biggest 6 - 9 kgs. I got a 2 pd river bream 2 weeks ago on a rotten windy night, took me almost 2 days to thaw out!
I'm going to have early nite so will finish now - enjoy every chat

#245755 - 26/09/2002 00:43 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Tony(Morning smile )

The tailor i caught,i memory was around 3 pd ,taken on a full pilchard(i forgot what they call them in WA),the sea was up around the 1.5 metre mark and the weather was showery,it was around early July 2002..

Hears a question;ever tried sand crabs for bait from the beach for your bream?,a few people have told me theyre a great bait,but me being blonde wink ,i have no idea on how to get them and whens the best time(day-low or high tide),ive tried to get beach worms,what a joke,thats in-possible for me,i cant do that either..i did say im a blonde..

The time here is at present,12:39am,Thursday morning,just heard on the late news weather,we are in for another warm day again tomorrow(today 26th)up to 28 deg,but no rain mad ...has Wa been getting rain.?

Anyway,its bed time for this little black duck,when Lynette wakes up i will find a decent photo of myself and the family,so that way you can put a face to who i am, i will get your emailing address from the forum,same if you ever want to email me at anytime,just look at my profile..

Take care to you both..

Craig. :wave:

#245756 - 28/09/2002 21:16 Re: fishing
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Craig, & Family,
So much for my planned fishing, yes we had 25.5 mm for the week and it was too rough to fish, then i thought i might try squidding Thurs evening as things fined up...BUT on Wednesday night Viv got food poisoning from some smoked salmon (which luckily i wont eat) & she was very, very sick for 48 hrs. She is usually much healthier than me & i was so worried that i rang the hospital Thurs morning and she had to suck ice for 24 hrs! True to the hospitals predictions, after 48hrs she could handle icypoles and started to keep water down and has slowly recovered. Saturday is our weekly "growers markets" & we usually are both very busy packing Fri, but she could not help, so i had a lot more to do and did'nt get to computer until tonight.

It was a big market day today because bueatiful weather, start of school hols & this weekend is a longweekend over here. Because we only have a little farm, we also have a small tourist park on the farm, so its all go for the next 2 weeks.

Thankfully Viv is much better today - so thats why i've been missing.

Regards sand crabs - no i have'nt used them, but i eat the big ones - very subtle taste when cold, but smell the kitchen a bit when cooking! Got to be careful what crabs u eat cause quite a few are poisonous. We have lovely blue manna crabs here that are outstanding to eat, & we go crabbing for them around March/April - i think u might call them blue swimmers your way? I find Sand crabs move about on low tides with moolight nights. I don't fish for them, but they often take my flathead baits, cause flathead are also about on same conditions. Now u memntion the sand crab as a bait for bream -for both ocean - silver bream (tarwhine) & river (black) bream? We get rock crabs (never eat these as some are terribly poisonuos) for groper & sweep.

The pilchard are also called mullies over here - excellent bait for many fish, & are used for salmon & tailor. Mullie head is very attractive to sand crabs. Often s/crabs will pull against the line and hold on right into the shoreline and then let go right on the edge! Now u mention s/crabs as bait, i will try some for silver bream which i love to eat. U have made me think it would be a good bait cause s/bream move about right on the edge of the water near the beach - maybe looking for s/crabs?

Now to pumping worms - I have never seen the big ones u get and have use pumps over little hole on the sand and only caught more sand - nothing else - sorry can't help on that one.

Because of school hols i can't go out Tues or Wed for next 2 weeks, but as soon as i get a good night i will try for squid and sand whiting. S/whiting are a poor substitute for KGs but i love them pan fried and don't mind picking about the bones - have to try to fillet a couple of the biggest cause Viv hates bones - damn tricky job filleting s/whiting! A friend of mine had good catch of gardies last week, & has promised me a new recipe - when i get it i'll pass it on. Looks like u are getting some rough weather over there so it might be the beach or cleaning up gear & tackle for u & Dale this weekend?

Your posting on fuel prices got some good responses, i still have'nt checked our prices out. Also noticed in the Lounge theres a posting asking about Nowra - wants to also know about crime - i thought of your sad experience with the car!

Must away & cook t for Viv - regards to everyone

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bobcox, glen2005
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image