Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#245697 - 30/03/2002 21:25 fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Nowra nsw
Gday all;

Im just been a nosy fisherman.. shocked

I guess it will be a few days before i get any posts here,worth a go,any one go beach fishing,where and what time and what tide..

I am just curious,even though i own a boat,i also love to go beach fishing,my family and mammatus(Steve from Campbelltown)and family are going for away next weekend and hope to hear any true smile beach fishing outings from anyone so i know what has been caught along our beaches..I beleive there are a few Salmon and Tailor been caught,but i dont want to take my beach rod unless i know it will be worth my while..

Many thanx,good fishing to all.. smile

Craig :cheers:

#245698 - 31/03/2002 16:33 Re: fishing
temp trace Offline

Loc: Newcastle, NSW
Craig,
Where abouts you heading? Just got back from a few days at Hawks Nest, we usually go up about this time every year, caught a few tailor/bream off the beach at mungo brush (north of H/nest) have to say it was a pretty lame all in all compared to previous years - and the surf wasn't much chop either. But always good to get away. Best time seemed to be just before sun up and strange to say around midday. Tides seemed to have little effect.

#245699 - 31/03/2002 16:50 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday T.T.

Thanx for ya post..

i live here in Nowra ,were all off to Windang,just south of Wollongong,as far as im concerned,all beaches produce fish,what im saying,if you caught fish up North,im bound to get fish down here(South),but its the same,if you got nil up North,i wont get anything here..

i have proof on that one,one night i went fishing off fhe beach at Cronulla with my in-laws,caught nil,following night went off the beach at the Entrance,same,nil,its weird i know,but i guess it all depends on the fish your after etc..

Im a Jewfish fisho,i only go beach fishing for the Jewwies,if i know salmon & tailor are on the bite,well then i know for certain the Jewwies will be on the bite..

Something for you other beach fellows to remember,catch a salmon,fillet it straight away,put the whole fillet on a set of 6/0 gang hooks,perfect bait for the jewwies..

Many thanx,good fishing to all..

Craig smile

#245700 - 05/04/2002 18:09 Re: fishing
Michael Wright Offline

Loc: sunshine coast Queenslad Austr...
I have to say that's,one of my main sports.It's relaxing mostley i fish around bli bli and maroochydore just off cotton tree. cool

#245701 - 05/04/2002 19:30 Re: fishing
W W Offline

Loc: Cobar 31.50S, 145.83E, 243m ...
I like to fish in all places.
Anywhere I know the fish are biteing it is one of my favourite pass times to catch up on were the fish are. laugh

#245702 - 07/04/2002 16:12 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday all;

Been fishing,a great weekend in all,caught plenty(no not a fishy story either smile )..

Plenty of fish ,bream,flathead and the odd leather jacket all caught in lake Illawarra south of Wollongong,off the beach produced plenty of salmon and tailor..

Craig :wave:

#245703 - 14/04/2002 20:52 Re: fishing
ThD Ht Offline
Weatherzone ratbag

Loc: Reynella, S.A.
been hearin' latley the salmon are going off at cape jaffa and kingston s.e. jetties, have been for the last few weeks. the way the models are shaping atm there could be some good fishing next weekend. laugh laugh

Thunda Hunta laugh

#245704 - 14/04/2002 21:51 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday thunda;

Thanxs :wave: for the info,how are the snapper going down there in SA,..

When i was a child,my father used to take me fishing at Whyalla for the snapper and in the Torrens for Bream..

Can you tell me wheather if the boat called POP-EYE is still going in the Torrens,i used to ride on the baot yrs ago when i used to live in SA(Glenelg)..

Many thanx..

#245705 - 14/04/2002 22:08 Re: fishing
ThD Ht Offline
Weatherzone ratbag

Loc: Reynella, S.A.
hey terrified, how ya goin dude. :wave: :wave:

they just had the big snapper comp up at whyalla a couple of weeks ago, winning snapper,.......get this,..........14.84kg, and i think the top 10 went over 12kg, big fish!
snapper are still being caught on a regular basis between cape jaffa and robe with bag limits ranging from 0 to full. the best catches mostly come from the guys who know their onions.

brim in the torrens, mate the torrens is now nothing more than a third world open sewer, there was a problem with popeye a while back, i'm not sure if it's still running or not, but they've got big problems with toxic blue greem alge on a regular basis.

Thunda Hunta laugh

#245706 - 14/04/2002 22:59 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hey thunda;

Great to hear about the reddies(snapper),how did you catch youself..

Ita a pity to hear about popeye aswell as the torrens frown ,its a pity..

Off the subject about fishing for a second...Is Roley Park speed way still happening,i remember going there every Saturday night..

Im a bit late replying to you a bit earlier as i have been watching the front comming up from Ulladulla(just south of Nowra)..

Take Care,
I will reply tomorrow,bed time for me now..

Good night..

Craig :cheers:

#245707 - 18/04/2002 23:02 Re: fishing
LONGBEACH Offline

Loc: wauchope ,mid north coast , ns...
G'day Craig :wave:
I don't know if this is of much help to you down there or not , but up here on the M.N.C., when the mullet start to "run"( which is usually around anzac day)everything else starts to make a move too.
At the moment up here the mullet are starting to "school-up" awaiting the first of the westerly winds to arrive so they can make a move.
The fishing can only improve from here-on in.
BRING IT ON !!!!!!!! :cheers:

#245708 - 19/04/2002 01:08 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Longbeach;

Re the mullet,no i didnt know,THANX FOR THE INFO..

I just purchased a boat,a 3.75 quintrex(today),i love mullet fishing aswell,especially the bull-nose,we use blood worms for bait,aswell as a small hook with bread on it..

When you say M.N.C,where abouts?,im touring to The Entrance after the school holidays to visit my in-laws and of course going fishing..

Thanx for your reply too..

Craig
smile HAPPY FISHING!!!!

:cheers:

#245709 - 19/04/2002 16:45 Re: fishing
LONGBEACH Offline

G,day Craig :wave:
The M.N.C. i was refering to is the mid north coast of nsw.
Currently at wauchope (west of port) there are a few mullet around.I was talking to a "pro" yesterday arvo, and he said they netted 900kg the night before, and 2 days before that they got 700kg.I suppose this is only small compared to about 7 or 8 years ago, when a pro managed to haul in 20 odd tonne!!!!
how can we compete with that, hey??.
best of luck and may your lines be always tight!!!!!!!! :cheers:

#245710 - 19/04/2002 22:01 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Longbeach;

Mate,how could we compete with 20 odd tonne,I WISH.. smile

Been out fishing today,instead of mullet,i got 27 garfish,yes i know,theyre a pain arent they when ever fishing for mullet..

Some one told me maggots are a good bait for mullet,what do you use for bait for the mullet..

Craig.. :wave:

#245711 - 20/04/2002 21:18 Re: fishing
LONGBEACH Offline

I've heard maggotts are very good,believe it or not!.
Someone once told me,if you get your maggotts in the usual way,let them get to as big as you can, place them into a container with bran in it,and leave them there for a day or two before using them.
The bran cleans them out so they don't smell as bad.
For mullet i just use white bread.I normally just rip a piece off,not too big, and put the hook through it once.You have to be careful when throwing it out of course,but it works for me!!!!.
I went spinning for flathead yesterday and managed to catch four.The biggest went 63cm long,and the next biggest was 61cm long laugh .
I also went this morning but only managed one to 55cm.Not bad considering the terrible autumn weather we are having, hey?
O'h well, best go and fillet these mongrels i suppose.
Till next time we chat,best of luck mate.
Kevin :cheers:

#245712 - 20/04/2002 22:30 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Kevin;

Thanx for the info on the maggots..

Great stuff with the Flathead,very pleased to of read that,well done.. laugh

Tomorrow,I am taking my son out fishing again,hopefully without catching garfish,only good for bait the rotten things..

My wife and i fillet and skin the mullet,deep fry them,Bloody beautiful,mmm,better that what mcdonalds cook in their way of tucker.. :rolleyes:

Anyway Kevin,catchya later..

Take Care..

#245713 - 21/04/2002 10:27 Re: fishing
LONGBEACH Offline

So how did you go with the mullet?Did you try using maggotts?
Another good way of fishing for them is to make up a dough mix with cotton wool in it, but it tends to be a pain to get off the hook again.
How do you attract them down there?
Do you burley them up with mud?
Any way better get back to the grind.
Catch ya latter

#245714 - 21/04/2002 15:15 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Kevin;

Not long got back,we got 33 mullet,12 tailer(undersized),and 4 Flathead,not to bad for a outing i guess.. smile

We use bread in tuna oil,in a bucket of mud from the river bank for berley,works excellent,the tuna oil from sandwich tin of tuna,open the tin,mix it with a few slices of bread(12 slices),and then take the mix to where your fishing,then we get a few hand fulls of mud,BINGO!!!

We lost a few fish,but also biten off twice too..

Give the tuna sandwich berley mix a go,and please let me know what you think..

Take Care Kevin. :cheers:

Craig

#245715 - 24/04/2002 23:17 Re: fishing
LONGBEACH Offline

Just a quick line to let you know that i heard a report that the first haul of mullet were taken from north beach at Port Macquarie yesterday arvo/night.I think it was only a couple a hundred kilo's to what i can gather frown
Till next time , tight lines.

#245716 - 25/04/2002 19:54 Re: fishing
terrified Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Gday Kevin;

Thanx for the report..

At the moment,the shoalhaven river here in Nowra has schools of chopper tailer,really making it hard at the present to fish for the mullet,worse luck..

Dont worry,no little chopper tailer will stop me,theyre a pain arnt they(the chopper tailer)..

Take Care ,YES TIGHT LINES!!

Craig smile

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >

Who's Online
52 registered (rainmore, Chris Stumer, Wrasse42, StormQueen, Aussea, Timbuck, petethemoskeet, slipperyfish, Fairdinkum, iluvrain, bber36, Ticktock, justme, bundybear, james1977, Tel, Wave Rider, Jettnewfoundland, Steve O, mysteriousbrad, whynot, Squeako_88, Oriolus, Markus, Taylsy, Bello Weather, Reefer, Keethy, NQ_Dee, Ronfishes, MoonLight, poona, Stazza_Brendan, Steven78, Steven, aussiestormfreak, nicabocca, samboz, Pama, Hanrahan, dizzigirl1, DDstorm, bradcq, Lunar, Sidney, wilyms, Tales, Hailin, Foehn Correspondent, Snapper22lb, TSVWeatherNerd, 1 invisible), 572 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Boy from the Bush, DerekHV, JL, reffy, spinner
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23563 Topics
1446331 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image