NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Topic Options
#246224 - 25/06/2002 15:02 Shark Island Challenge Begins
Alex Zadnik Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: VIC
There is bodyboarding competition to be held in the next month at Shark Island in Cronulla. Most models suggest a moderate to large southerly swell for Friday and Saturday. So there is a good possibility of the competition getting underway on these days. (although southerly winds may be too strong on Friday and not contain enough of a westerly component- A SW wind is offshore). Shark Island is a pretty scary wave (with only a few centimetres of water above the reef), so if you're in the area it will be worth going down to Cronulla for a look. For more information on the competition visit www.fluidzone.com

#246225 - 25/06/2002 17:30 Re: Shark Island Challenge Begins
Adiabatic Offline

Loc: Knoxfield 96m: 120.2mm
I was lucky enough to visit Cronulla earlier this year when I was in Sydney, but at that time the waves wernt big, even though there was a westerly, Shark Island was still able to vacuum up some 4ft waves, and they looked rather quite rough too.

When its working, I bet its one of the best surfing sites to see in the world.

Who has surfed on Shark Island?

Karl smile

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bjfpolarbear, JuNgLeJiM, Propofol, Rock
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image