NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Topic Options
#246486 - 14/04/2003 21:43 Bells Easter Classic
thermalben Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Tweed Coast
I should have posted this a week or so ago (when I started the long range outlook), but I am currently forecasting for the Bells Beach Easter Classic and have a very detailed outlook that is being updated every night. I much prefer to do it this way, however for general Swellnet purposes I just don't normally have the time to go into this much detail for SA and Vicco. But for these comps I have made an exception smile

With a very large swell expected to hit tomorrow, it's looking like Bells will turn it on for the rest of the week too. All feedback most appreciated smile
http://www.swellnet.com.au/bells.html

#246487 - 14/04/2003 22:20 Re: Bells Easter Classic
pingtang Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Nowra, NSW
Hello Thermalben,

I have been looking at the charts very closely for the last 3-4 days and its certaintly looking good.Even NSW,should get solid swell from Wednesday onwards.You have got a brilliant report there,and your whole website is great.Lets hope some morning offshores can eventuate for the Bells Beach Easter Classic.

:cheers:

#246488 - 15/04/2003 00:01 Re: Bells Easter Classic
thermalben Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Tweed Coast
Hi Pingtang

Thanks for the nice words smile I have just finished tonight's analysis; it's still looking like an incredible swell event for the next few days. Sustained SW winds around 55-75kts for the past 24 hours in the Southern Ocean will have whipped up an enormous sea state - lets hope the contestants have got their big boards with them!!

The new report should be online soon. Also, I archive all my forecasts - they are located on the top right hand corner of the page.

:cheers: Ben

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
stormryder, Taylsy, Willoughby
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image