NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Topic Options
#246752 - 28/06/2004 15:23 Victorian Winter 2004
Alex Zadnik Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: VIC
Howdy weatherzone surfers. With talk on the site of the strong westerlies at the moment it's probably high time to relate this to current surf in Victoria. yesterday I was down on the Mornington Peninsula and had the pleasure of scoring some solid waves as the wind tended northwesterly. This morning may have produced some excellent waves in a few spots given the strength of the offshore and size of thee swell. Check out today's portsea report and photo on surfshop.com.au.
There is talk of a bit of a monster swell coming this wednesday/thursday. I will check the charts and post soon on the prospects.
Alex

#246753 - 28/06/2004 16:13 Re: Victorian Winter 2004
Alex Zadnik Offline
Weather Freak

FNMOC wave watch III is showing 21-24ft swell heights coming through late Wednesday and continuing Thursday with a periond of 15 sec. I think is safe to suggest the Peninsula beaches will reach 12ft at least, while bells should get up to around 6ft-8ft. I'll make sure I take the camera as there is going to be some carnage!

#246754 - 28/06/2004 22:38 Re: Victorian Winter 2004
pingtang Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Nowra, NSW
G'day Alex.

Yeah its looking good down there.Vicco seems to be benefiting we'll this winter,with all these westerly/southwesterly swells.The weather patterns of late,have certainly produced some nice swell down that way.Unfortunatly these same weather patterns,produce flat conditions for NSW.

#246755 - 04/07/2004 16:24 Re: Victorian Winter 2004
Alex Zadnik Offline
Weather Freak

Howdy,
Just an update on the big swell this week. Thursday ended up being 8-10ft along the ocean beaches of the peninsula, with a strong NNW wind. I surfed flinders which was 4-6ft with one 8ft bomb. It was the biggest i've ever surfed it. There was a bombie breaking about 1km off the Nobbies(Phillip Island) that looked massive. the next day was even bigger with a few 12footers marching through. I surfed a reef break on the Peninsula and was lucky to come out alive after just getting through some pipeline type barrels with my duckdives. I'll post some video stills in the near future. saturday cranked with a N wind and dropping swell. I surfed 6 hours+ and was suprised I didn't not get hypothermia! It was still 8ft in the morning but dropped back to 3-4ft in the arvo. Heaps of barrels and no crowd. Winter rocks!
See ya.

Who's Online
1 registered (mysteriousbrad), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Andrew_C, Bindon, jackwilliam, Leasy, Nikko, rainthisway, sutek, Tropicana
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image