NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Topic Options
#262303 - 20/06/2005 10:14 Weatherzone Site Questions - Java?
Trim Tab Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Mount Osmond, Adelaide, South ...
A couple of questions about this site that may be related.

I'm using Firefox lately, but I've noticed the same oddity with Opera - the little 'Posted ... [timedate]' at the top of everyone's post is truncated to only 'Post' in both my non-IE browsers. IE shows the full text with the time/date. I figured something like Javascript was running to provide this and either a format or coding irregularity was chopping it off.

Secondly, over the last few weeks Weatherzone - and only Weatherzone - has become really fussy about concurrent browser activity. If any other browser tab/window is busy downloading a page, then Weatherzone just hangs or times-out. Once the other pages have loaded and Weatherzone has the connection to itself, then it loads rather quickly. If all sites/pages (including other logged-in forums) showed the same symptom then I'd smell a Firefox rat, but it's only Weatherzone that does this. Right now I have to stall a couple of other pages like BoM radar to post this.

Anyone else use Firefox (or other non-IE browsers) noticed either of these problems?

Ta if you can help!

#262304 - 21/06/2005 01:16 Re: Weatherzone Site Questions - Java?
Simmah Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wollongong - NSW
I use both opera and firefox with no hassles here at all..

#262305 - 22/06/2005 08:40 Re: Weatherzone Site Questions - Java?
Jello Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Wollongong
Hey Trim Tab, I've had problems too with Firefox accessing weatherzone for the past three weeks or so. I have weatherzone as my homepage so when I start firefox it takes a while to load the page but while I wait I can activate a new tab and access another website long before weatherzone has loaded. This occurs randomly but it's frustrating.

#262306 - 22/06/2005 08:47 Re: Weatherzone Site Questions - Java?
Mark Hardy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: North Sydney, NSW
I don't believe we have made any changes to the site in the past few weeks that would change how the site would behave. Andrew should be able confirm this.

#262307 - 02/08/2005 19:39 Re: Weatherzone Site Questions - Java?
Jello Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Wollongong
I found a tweak that will speed up Firefox. I've found it to work very well.

http://forums.dalegroup.net/viewtopic.php?t=1309

Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
benny200, ChaseNZ, ptera, stormymick1, ThunderstormZ, typhoonbeach
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529247 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image