NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 5 of 68 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 68 >
Topic Options
#444461 - 10/02/2003 18:28 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Peto Offline

Loc: Killarney SE QLD, 757 mts ASL
Great joke Heather! laugh

As far as I know Glenlyon Dam didn't get any inflow from this last rain event BFTB, if it did I don't think it would of been much anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by mcg:
. We are on our way to Warwick for the Polocrosse Worl Cup in April. We are playing in Killarney first and then on to Warwick.
Killarney? Thats where I live (sort of anyway)! I'll have to drop in and say g'day while your in the area. Polocrosse has a big following in the Killarney district, fair few juniors and heap of adults play. Some of the big names in it are the Graysons, Domjahns, Lambs, Ross and the Hancocks; do you know any of these people MCG?

BTW MCG, whereabouts are you staying in Warwick? Apparently all accomodation was booked out months ago and people are staying as far away as Goodiwindi and Toowoomba for the event! eek
:cheers:
-Tony

#444462 - 10/02/2003 21:08 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
mcg Offline

Loc: Hunter Valley
We managed to get a cabin in Warwick itself. Most of the Polocrosse fraternity are very self sufficient and live out of their vehicles (trucks or goosenecks). We had to sell our Gooseneck after our son plyed at the Nationals in Darwin last July. The drought got too taxing...you know how it goes...
Anyway we will be sending the horses with someone else and travelling by car. It will be a very rare event being the World Cup and all. We have friends coming over from America to visit and watch, then our Son has been invited to play over there for the US in their Nationals in July. That, however, would only be a consideration if the weather breaks.
It would be great if you could come and say Hi to us if/when we get up there. We won't be playing much in our Zone this year as the 'Grounds' will be too hard for the horses and as most of us are from the land, not many will be able to spare the time.
We had a very promising storm front this afternoon, looked really great on the radar then.......nothing!!! As usual. At least we know that storms are about, possibly it could mean a change for the better...oh how we cling to hope don't we. wink Keep smiling and thank you both for the humour, we all need as much of that as we can get. I will do my best to contribute too but i am the type of person that says that was a great joke i must remember that, then i forget it shocked I will try harder.. but if there are more 'yarns' or 'jokes' lets hear them....please! If it won't rain at least we can share a laugh laugh laugh :wave:

#444463 - 11/02/2003 19:02 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
DNO Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Ellesmere, Qld
A new monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to help the other monks to copy the old laws and canons of the church by hand.
He notices that the other monks are copying from copies and not from the original manuscript.
So the new monk goes to the Abbot to question this,pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy it would never be picked up.
In fact, that error would be continued in all subsequent copies.
The head monk says "We have been copying from copies for centuries, but you make a good point my son."
So he goes down into the dark caves under the monastery where the original manuscript is held in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.
Hours go by and no-one sees the old Abbot, so the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him.
He sees him banging his head against the wall. His forhead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.
The young monk asks the old Abbot "what's wrong father?"
With a choking voice the old Abbot replies"The word is CELEBRATE" laugh

#444464 - 11/02/2003 19:46 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
mcg Offline

I found this and thought i would share it....
SECOND PLACE

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to sleep.
Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."
"I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes" replies Watson.
"And what do you deduce from that?"
Watson ponders for a minute.
"Well, astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of the universe. What does it tell you, Holmes?"
Holmes is silent for a moment. "Watson, you idiot!" he says. "Someone has stolen our tent!"

#444465 - 12/02/2003 09:58 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
mcg Offline

A very depressed man
There's a man sitting at a bar just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half an hour. Then, a big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down.

The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand seeing a man crying."

"No, it's not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I'm late to my office. My boss, in an outrage, fires me. When I leave the building to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police say they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away. I go home and when I get there, I find my wife sleeping with the gardener. I leave home and come to this bar. And when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison."

#444466 - 12/02/2003 22:36 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Peto Offline

Loc: Killarney SE QLD, 757 mts ASL
A rich couple are approaching their 40th wedding anniversary. The husband cannot for the life of him think of a suitable present, do he asks his wife what she might like.
"A mink coat?" he says.
"No," says his wife.
"Okay, how about a new Mercedes?"
"No," says his wife.
Becoming quite frustrated, the man retorts angrily, "Well what the hell do you want then!!?"
"A divorce," his wife replies.
"Oh," says the man, "I wasn't planning on spending that much."

#444467 - 14/02/2003 01:37 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Albany.W.A.
Hi Mcg, The charts still have some moisture heading down the centre in next few days, my fingers are still crossed. BTW i saw your post in Lounge re Iraq, as i've suggested to a few others, could i suggest that you go back into "My Profile" in your registration and change your settings to allow you to recieve "Private Messages" thru WZ. Sometimes you might get additional info/data from people who for many reasons may not wish to post it in their reply to your thread. wink
:cheers: FE

#444468 - 14/02/2003 10:01 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
mcg Offline

Thank you FE i will do that now.. smile
Yes we are seeing some cloud around at the moment...if i ignore it it might do something to get my attention.
I am sure that if someone could they would blame the drought on terrorism. Maybe mother nature has become a terrorist....that whould be quite a force to be reckoned with alongside the Middle East.. laugh

#444469 - 16/02/2003 18:39 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
inclement Offline

Loc: Mildura Vic
mcg - I can remember when some adults did genuinely blame the weather conditions "on the bomb" (the bombs on Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, and amazingly others were too polite to argue. :rolleyes:

#444470 - 16/02/2003 22:21 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Inclement, i also remember that - & how do we know that perhaps they might'nt have been right?!? wink wink

#444471 - 17/02/2003 11:53 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Flame Offline

Loc: Borden
HI FE
Just a quick roundup, My waters OK but a lot of dry dams north and west of me, and long time soaks drying up thats never happened before.Dry feed was hanging in but its stuffed now every thing has germinated now and I expect it to all die in the next couple of weeks.Been trying to buy pellets to feed the sheep but can't get any.
rain fall, couple of storms and drizzel most of the week from the 11th, 5.4mm I think that was on the 8th, I was away for the week end, 5.0mm, 2.2mm,0.0, 0.6mm, 1.0mm, and last night 19.0mm. 40mm plus to the east of me.
:cheers:

#444472 - 17/02/2003 12:33 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Flame, u certainly had more out of this than us (13mm for 3 days)& likewise a heavy germination showing thru here today & far too early i feel even for us on the coast. I'm a bit annoyed with myself for leaving a couple of paddocks shut up too late, as it won't have much value after this, hard to get it right sometimes, but i had'nt started feeding yet (will now) latest start to feeding out in 30 years we have been here, & i'm only just slowly learning not to overstock frown

#444473 - 18/02/2003 10:58 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
mcg Offline

Hi all
We had a little rain here in Singleton last night. Nothing to get excited about but anything is welcome ( had 5mm). Maybe more will come later but we don't hold out much hope. Long range weather forecast is not good they are syaing June now. I wonder if they really know. :wave:

#444474 - 18/02/2003 11:42 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
W W Offline

Loc: Cobar 31.50S, 145.83E, 243m ...
JUNE we aren't going to last that long & either will the poor animals
Pleased you got some rain this is what we had here yesterday & would you believe we got a quick shower nothing in the guage though frown
Went around us & on into Cobar,they copped the lot my son measured 50mm in his guage,they needed it in the town,but I wish we had of got it as well

Heather

#444475 - 20/02/2003 22:50 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi All, having had 29 mm over the last week & clover shot everywhere which is far too early, i phoned round feed suppliers today to decide what i'll buy for winter, & got a few pleasant surprises, one of which i'll pass on if its of interest to anyone. Our regular pellet supplier has cubes at $315 pt + GST & a plentiful supply (with small grain crop here i thought it would be much higher than last year - but not so). Some have gone over east on "backloads" again the freight cost thing is unkown. However he has the name of a freight agent who MAY be able to get backloading. If anyones interested, PM me & i'll give you contact name for you to check out for yourselves.

:wave: FE

#444476 - 21/02/2003 12:38 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
W W Offline

Loc: Cobar 31.50S, 145.83E, 243m ...
20mm of rain in the past two days

It's all a big help,makes you feel a bit more optimistic :wave: :wave: :wave:

Heather :cheers:

#444477 - 21/02/2003 16:40 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
mcg Offline

Hi all
Heather PLEASE tell me you have had good rain!!!!
We have had 30 ml so far, it is still raining. I have been out in it today, we moved some cattle, and didn't even wear a coat, it felt so beautiful.
Hope we all still communicate after the rain.... wink

#444478 - 22/02/2003 00:06 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
inclement Offline

Well we can't satisfy everyone all the time, eh? Since the rain started to fall at about 0330 hours yesterday I registered exactly 46mil and BoM about 10kms away show 28.4. This is good for the wheat, sheep, veggie, and cattle farmers but not good news for those with grapes not yet picked - here comes the rot.

#444479 - 22/02/2003 00:44 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Inc, the same story over here, grapes growers not happy with 30 mm over last week! They are also having trouble with crows - my neighbour got local gun club in with shot guns - got 1 crow laugh & i've been getting up early to shootcrows with .22 as they have been pecking our guinea pigs that roam about free in the park - i donated 2 crows to vineyard this week - missed about 4 wink Adds a bit of fun to the day!

#444480 - 22/02/2003 05:57 Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence.
inclement Offline

G'day FE. Duh! Wheat, wool, and meat growers around here are generally called "cockies" and other producers (orchards, vinyards) are called "blockies".
Does a similar classification exist in WA?

Page 5 of 68 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 68 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
stormryder, Taylsy, Willoughby
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image