NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Topic Options
#651733 - 06/01/2006 17:08 N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Lindsay Knowles Offline

Loc: Bayles / Toorloo Arm
Well its that time again. I have just been up to N/E Victoria trying to get some weather related photos. Maybe even a thunderstorm.
After the enjoyment everyone had on the last N/E photochase thread I had to get another one going.
Headed up to Hicksville (Wangaratta)on Monday to spend some time with the Legend Himself Robbie"thank god im a country boy" Alexander.

Didnt get any storms so there arent many weather related pics but the few I did get are pretty good. Thats if you call sunsets and cirrus good weather pics.
Day 1 he showed me the fires that went near Wang on the Sunday. I cant believe there were no houses lost as the fire came within meters of some. Pretty amazing seeing that. Then out for a round of Golf. I won that one but the score I hope will remain a secret. That night we went out chasing Startrails down to Lake Mokoan.
Tried perfecting the Vineyard shot I took up there last time.

Still not happy. But the sunset was a good one.

Set up the cameras for some startrail pics.(mine are still in the camera)Robbie got an absolute cracker of a startrail pic.
Day 2 saw us head up around Mt Beauty. Took a few more pics. Not really weather related but did get to see what the weather has been doing up there. Making things brown.

Blue sky is weather isnt it????
Saw some great senery and also some hangliders flying about.

Got back to Wang and got some meat for the BBQ and nearly ran over a pedestrian. Boy was that freaky.She just walked out in front of the car. Stopped looked at us not saying a single word. Freaky but only in Wang.
Out again that night getting some startrail pics.
Day 3 saw us head up to Mt Buffalo.
I cant recall ever heading up that way before and the views and senery were awesome.
If you ever get the chance to go up there do it as it was well worth the trip.
I took heaps of pics but not many weather related ones.
No Startrail pics this night because of the cloud.
Day 4 By this time im sure Robbie would have been sick of me but it was time to head home. Could see some nice looking Cirrus as I left.

And to top the day of it was a fantastic sunset.

We didnt photograph any Thundertorms but we did see heaps of Twisters. Alright they were just Willy Willys but they did look good.
Once again Robbie was a fantastic tour guide.
So if you want to see some awesome sunset,mountains,creeks and cirrus pics click HERE
Enjoy
Loo

#651734 - 06/01/2006 21:01 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Jules J Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: West of Biggenden Qld
Loo it sounds & looks like a great few days laugh
That's classic of Robbie!!

Lovely photos Loo, it's an area I haven't been to for many years hope to get there again one day.

Jules

#651735 - 07/01/2006 00:50 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Volkl_1 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: wangaratta
Cool, finally a photo of me that improves my face!! Its a face only a true gangsta's mother would love.....
It was a fully sick few days, i had 107 at golf, and Loo had 101!!lol Luckily i took a spair pair if pants to the golf course, because i had a hole in one.....
When i get a chance (probably tomorrow)i will post a few photos in here myself!!
It was an awesome few days again.

#651736 - 07/01/2006 09:33 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
bigwilly Offline
Weatherzone Mod and Photog

Loc: Junee - just north of the 'Bid...
Always the comedian...
Nice report and pics there Loo. I had the pleasure of meeting Robbie"thank god im a country boy" Alexander yesterday and his GF Lauretta, but more importantly I got to have a look at his 70-200 'L' mmmmmmm :p

:cheers: Will
2010 Rainfall: 759.3mm (Annual Avg: 521.5mm)

#651737 - 07/01/2006 12:34 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Volkl_1 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Willy, the pleasure was all mine. Its just a petty we were all in a bit of a rush.
Loo, theyre all great shots, top stuff.
Of course we cant forget to mention my legend girlfriend Lauretta who tried to follow me down a rockface, fell off a rock and almost broke both of her legs!! I felt terrible, i felt like i led her astray. Im pleased to say though that the limp has almost gone now......
This first shot is quite nice, just a little bit overexposed thats all.....

And this is a photo of eurobin creek at the base of mt buffalo,

And this is the cathedral on top of mt buffalo. I have posted this rock before, only it was covered in snow last time,

And how cool is this, its Loo's ganstsa car. Its even got hydraulic struts under the front wheels, so we can bounce to the beets of 50cent at the traffic lights while we wear bling bling around our necks....Word it up!!! We really are true homeboys.....

This is mountain creek near mt beauty, where my girlfriend lives. (when shes not at my place!!)

And here is the original prangster himself!! Lindsay "norman" knowles.....

And these last two are startrails which were posted in the non weather thread a couple of days ago!!

It really was fantastic weekend, i cant wait for next time!!

#651738 - 07/01/2006 12:52 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Volkl_1 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

I told her to take the easy way out and not follow me..........
Now i feel terrible!!!...........

#651739 - 07/01/2006 15:16 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Twisters Offline

Loc: Norman, Oklahoma, Usa
Thats great guys another wild weekend i see good for u that one sexy photo loo and robbie ganster chicks must dig u i see u got the talk down pat robbie fully sik and yeah u got to love the beast of a car that loo drives around glad u had a good ine guys have to jion u both one one day it be pretty sic

Twister

#651740 - 07/01/2006 15:41 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Cb@SZ Offline

Loc: North Melbourne / St. Kilda Ro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Alexander:
... overexposed thats all.....

Fantastic ... love the positive vibes I'm getting from this. It is an existentialist hurdey gurdey spinning in a spasmodic fusion of light and dark showing that regardless, the light will always win in the end! Well done wink Jimbo

#651741 - 07/01/2006 15:43 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Cb@SZ Offline

Loc: North Melbourne / St. Kilda Ro...
Actually must have been really overexposed as there is NO additional info there at all! Nothing all 255,255,255 white!

#651742 - 07/01/2006 17:07 Re: N/E Victoria Photochase Jan 2006
Lindsay Knowles Offline

Loc: Bayles / Toorloo Arm
Thanks for the comments.
Great pics Robbie.Gotta love the Startrail pics they look awesome. Looks like we both need to have a shave. Back to work Monday so I will shave before then.
You must have used your wide angle lense to get a pic of me. As for the car I cant wait to get a new one.
Wish I had have stayed another day so I could have met big Will.
I still cant get your country singing(yelling) out of my head. Robbie the Hardcore Tattooed Gangsta singing country songs laugh laugh Legend
It was a great few days.
:cheers:
Loo

Who's Online
1 registered (mysteriousbrad), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Billies ride, Jayson Black, NeedMoreLightning, slipperyfish, supercellwish1
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529247 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image