Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#1198129 - 08/06/2013 21:39 Re: Organic Foods [Re: AaronD]
Simmosturf Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wangaratta
Ahhh Bellow boy... I am a qualified horticulturist and do know a bit about said subjects... So get bent!!

Edited by Simmosturf (08/06/2013 21:40)

#1198142 - 09/06/2013 00:35 Re: Organic Foods [Re: AaronD]
Jax Offline
Weather Freak

Hey turf guy, maybe you should go do something relaxing, you seem a little tense...

SBT - yep. Got your posting style worked out, no need to explain that one again. Will assume you agree with the organic farming article. Personally, I think it is a pretty weak effort given that it's unsupported by any of the science the author supposedly writes.

Great looking veges YS.

#1198156 - 09/06/2013 09:01 Re: Organic Foods [Re: Simmosturf]
Tom1234 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Port Stephens
Originally Posted By: Simmosturf
Ahhh Bellow boy... I am a qualified horticulturist and do know a bit about said subjects... So get bent!!

You haven't exactly added anything constructive to the thread though.

#1198160 - 09/06/2013 09:21 Re: Organic Foods [Re: Simmosturf]
KevD Offline
Occasional Visitor

Loc: Bellingen NSW 2454
Originally Posted By: Simmosturf
Great, so u know how to send abusive PM's and throw milder abuse in posts... Guess u must know all about the intricacies of organics then. Like I said before, if u only came in here to troll please take it elsewhere. More than happy to discuss organics with you but not to take part in an abusive discussion smile

#1198190 - 09/06/2013 13:36 Re: Organic Foods [Re: KevD]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish
There are sections out there that would have you believe that you can't grow any fresh food without the aid of pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizers, well as they can see it can be done, things like cabbage, lettuce, Broccoli are notorious for being attacked by caterpillars.

If you have strong growing plants and a good balance of good bugs they will overcome the bad bugs, i always find that plant get attacked early in the piece once they have been first planted, but if you check them in the morning and night, squash a few caterpillars, in a few week you will have no problems.

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1207552 - 18/08/2013 12:00 Re: Organic Foods [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Organic food on the rise as Tweed families get healthy

ORGANIC foods have become so popular in the Tweed that there are now five organic health food stores within walking distance.

The stores are within 1km of each other and offer a wide selection of organic produce and owners say the market is booming.

The increasing market for organic produce shows more people eliminating insecticides, chemical sprays and synthetic fertilizers from their diets.

"Organic fresh produce, and processed products using organic ingredients are becoming more common place and I think people are seeing that as an attractive option," Great Ideas in Nutrition practicing dietician Amanda Clark said.

Studies have suggested that antioxidant content of organically grown produce is higher which may also contribute to cancer protection and greater mineral content due to healthier soils.

"The ever increasing incidence of cancer makes foods produced without chemicals more attractive," said Mrs Clark.

Garden of Eden Organic and Health Foods owner Jordan Pollock said people from all over the region come to Tweed Heads to buy organic produce in bulk due to the competitive prices and good quality.

"The Tweed Heads region has quite a few gyms, we attract a lot of their clients who want to support their fitness regime with good nutrition," said Ms Pollock.

Local shopper Beverly Hikaka, 62, has been shopping organically for almost five years and said she started buying organically to bring her health back to what it use to be.

"I feel more vibrant, I have a lot more energy".

http://www.mydailynews.com.au/news/organic-food-on-the-rise-as-tweed-families-get-hea/1596672/

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1207575 - 18/08/2013 18:30 Re: Organic Foods [Re: AaronD]
datadog Offline
Weather Freak

Quote:
...The ever increasing incidence of cancer makes foods produced without chemicals more attractive,"...

Oh, i thought cancer rates were in decline. Thats comparing the same age now to the same age back when.

As a previous poster has referenced, cancer rates are apparently climbing because we are living older. And we are living older with the modern non 'organic' food system.

100 years ago our food was 100% 'organic' and people died on average far younger then today where our food is about 1% 'organic'.

#1207588 - 18/08/2013 20:58 Re: Organic Foods [Re: datadog]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: datadog
Quote:
...The ever increasing incidence of cancer makes foods produced without chemicals more attractive,"...

Oh, i thought cancer rates were in decline. Thats comparing the same age now to the same age back when.

As a previous poster has referenced, cancer rates are apparently climbing because we are living older. And we are living older with the modern non 'organic' food system.

100 years ago our food was 100% 'organic' and people died on average far younger then today where our food is about 1% 'organic'.

And the difference between 100 years ago and now is modern medicine and prescription pills....
We have become a nation/planet of pill poppers! take away peoples prescription pills and i am sure that, people "living longer" will quickly change.

If anything you would expect that cancer rates would be less now than back then, but they are not, Cancer rates are steadily increasing,illnesses increasing, diseases increasing,diabetes is steadily increasing, cancers and illnesses that were once the domain of "older people" are now attacking more and more younger people, the only thing that has changed is the "modern lifestyle" and the chemical cocktails that are in peoples food.
Why is it in areas where people still live the traditional way of life they live longer? take them out of that environment and into a western lifestyle they will start to drop like flies.

#1207625 - 19/08/2013 10:08 Re: Organic Foods [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
datadog Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak
And the difference between 100 years ago and now is modern medicine and prescription pills....
We have become a nation/planet of pill poppers! take away peoples prescription pills and i am sure that, people "living longer" will quickly change.

If anything you would expect that cancer rates would be less now than back then, but they are not, Cancer rates are steadily increasing,illnesses increasing, diseases increasing,diabetes is steadily increasing, cancers and illnesses that were once the domain of "older people" are now attacking more and more younger people, the only thing that has changed is the "modern lifestyle" and the chemical cocktails that are in peoples food.
Why is it in areas where people still live the traditional way of life they live longer? take them out of that environment and into a western lifestyle they will start to drop like flies.

"Pills"... i seems to recall that some doctors reckon they could supply sugar pills and the patient would get better. State of mind perhaps.

"Cancer rates"... in the main is age related. The longer you live the higher the odds of getting cancer. Cancer is also genetically related, i.e. breast cancer.

"Diabetes"... in the main is genetic and also excess consumption and lack of exercise. I'm sure if as yer say organic food tastes better, then organic sugar cane will make them sweet tooth's eat more.

Quote:
...Why is it in areas where people still live the traditional way of life they live longer? take them out of that environment and into a western lifestyle they will start to drop like flies.

Well, lets have a look-see. Example please Yasified shak

#1207629 - 19/08/2013 11:39 Re: Organic Foods [Re: datadog]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

"Pills"... i seems to recall that some doctors reckon they could supply sugar pills and the patient would get better. State of mind perhaps.

"Cancer rates"... in the main is age related. The longer you live the higher the odds of getting cancer. Cancer is also genetically related, i.e. breast cancer.

Then explain why people are getting all those diseases they originally were only "age related" at a much younger and younger age?

My wifes cousin had breast cancer at the age of 36, she had both breasts removed and 2 years ago (age 44) she was diagnosed with breast cancer again, she again had both breasts removed, now you can't tell me that is not diet and lifestyle related (as she live the typical western lifestyle/diet) when on the second occasion they were not removing breast tissue, rather than skin and the implants she had fitted.

"Diabetes"... in the main is genetic and also excess consumption and lack of exercise. I'm sure if as yer say organic food tastes better, then organic sugar cane will make them sweet tooth's eat more.

Sugar in it's natural form is perfectly fine! it is only when man starts messing around with it and "refining" it that problems start to occur, tell me this what is left is sugar after it is processed? Empty calories and energy value? that is about it.
What is in the "rubbish" Molasses that they either discard or feed to the animals? all of the vitamins minerals and essential nutrients that help the sugar to be processed properly thru the human body.

Smart isn't it? we feed the rubbish to the humans and the bit with all the goodness is fed to animals

Diabetes genes do play a part but not always the case, again it comes down to lifestyle, my wifes mother, sister,brother Aunts and uncles (on her mother's side) all have diabetes, and until 10 years ago her father did not, now he does and they all basically eat the same type of foods.
Now you would expect that since my wife has the same "genes" as here family she should have diabetes as well? well she doesn't.

#1207640 - 19/08/2013 13:06 Re: Organic Foods [Re: datadog]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Here is one good example http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2012/s3547707.htm

There was another 12-18 months ago along similar lines either on the ABC or SBS where emerging countries were being increasingly exposed to fast foods, junk foods and the like and of course,all the diseases that go with the western lifestyle/diet started to rise.....

#1213213 - 11/10/2013 22:35 Re: Organic Foods [Re: AaronD]
SunnyDays Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Oxley Brisbane Qld
I would like to ask you all to watch this regarding The Secrets of Sugar - the fifth estate - aired by CBC News in Canada - it is 45 minutes in duration.

Take note as one of our prize winning Professors overseas, heading a team of the best Oncologists around the world, talks of his aversion to sugar and how he avoids it at all costs (26 minutes into the video).

#1252603 - 01/04/2014 09:54 Re: Organic Foods [Re: SunnyDays]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: SunnyDays
I would like to ask you all to watch this regarding The Secrets of Sugar - the fifth estate - aired by CBC News in Canada - it is 45 minutes in duration.

Take note as one of our prize winning Professors overseas, heading a team of the best Oncologists around the world, talks of his aversion to sugar and how he avoids it at all costs (26 minutes into the video).

I wonder how many people actually watched this video SD? my guess is it would not be too many, as most simply do not care about what they eat, nor do they want to change their lifestyles.

Until they get sick that is....but i guess they can always just go to the doctors to get some pills to mask their symptoms.

Sugar is one of the things that actually feeds cancers in the body, and guess what the bulk of processed foods contain? sugar...

#1252735 - 01/04/2014 22:49 Re: Organic Foods [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
desieboy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Broome
Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak
Originally Posted By: SunnyDays

I wonder how many people actually watched this video SD? my guess is it would not be too many, as most simply do not care about what they eat, nor do they want to change their lifestyles.

Until they get sick that is....but i guess they can always just go to the doctors to get some pills to mask their symptoms.

Sugar is one of the things that actually feeds cancers in the body, and guess what the bulk of processed foods contain? sugar...

Totally agree sugar in all processed foods is causing all sorts of problems but as usual in today's society big multinational companies have got too much clout and influence with governmenrts and the populous and negate any real scientific information that proves sugar is a killer...

#1252790 - 02/04/2014 10:05 Re: Organic Foods [Re: desieboy]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

That's exactly the problem desieboy, big companies will always put money/profits before people!

After All the sickness industry is one of the fastest growing areas and one of the biggest money makers for large pharma companies,because there is no money to be made if people are healthy is there?.

Just take cancer research as an example, over the last 30 years, practices have barely changed, and there is always the claims made that "the cure for Cancer is only 10 years away" and we have been hearing those claims for as long as i can remember.

But then again big Pharma companies really are not all that interested in finding a "cure" for cancer, when they can potentially make between $10,000-$15,000 per course of chemo per patient, then they get the added bonus from anti-nausea drugs and other drugs that they give you to counteract the "side effects"

Unfortunately again it is not about people it is all about money and profits, and that is now how this world is, you used to be just a number...but now you are a number with a dollar sign in front of it, which is pretty sad really.

#1252834 - 02/04/2014 15:40 Re: Organic Foods [Re: AaronD]
desieboy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

My friends had a permaculture farm down at Witchcliffe and he grew everything all his own produce and kept it all organic .
He had 3 children and they all lived there until they were young teenages and they were always very healthy.

Unfortunately he split up with his wife and she moved to the city and the kids suddenly were exposed to fast foods ,too much sugar etc.Two of the kids ended up being diagnosed with diabetes in there early twenties .

By being exposed to all the fast foods etc there were in a vulnerable position but prevously on the farm they never had that exposure or chose not to consume such foods .

I feel sorry for kids now who are born into the fast food sugary environment ..what chance have they got ?

#1253027 - 03/04/2014 20:14 Re: Organic Foods [Re: desieboy]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

That's right, people don't seem to care that the "food" they are eating is doing them so much damage.Mostly all it contains is sugars,salt,binders,fillers,caking agents,MSG.

People are getting diseases and illnesses earlier and earlier than ever before, even illnesses that were once confined as an old person's disease are now showing up more and more in young people.

Just look at how many food allergies are about now days! people are allergic to Wheat,dairy,soy,fish,nuts and so on, back when i went to school those sort of things were unheard of!

#1253158 - 04/04/2014 15:30 Re: Organic Foods [Re: AaronD]
desieboy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

The drug companies don't want people to get better. Same with the manufacturers of cancer equipment.
Having a healthy alternative in the selection of foods as a preventative measure is definitely not condoned by food companies ...

The government will be the one forking out monies for all the illnesses of the current era but does not want to know about preventing the causes in the first place.

Next thing you know we will be told water is not good for us either....

#1253301 - 05/04/2014 13:17 Re: Organic Foods [Re: desieboy]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

That's right, there is no money to be made if the population is healthy is there?

Well if they do find water is bad for us, they could always make a man made synthetic version that will be completely safe smirk

But the way it is going, water won't be safe with the amount of pesticides and chemicals that are going into it!

You always notice that they will pick on all the natural items like eggs, avocado,coconuts and state that they have all these nasty compounds like Cholesterol and saturated fats, but hey we can replace it with a man made item that is loaded with sugar,salt binders and fillers instead!

I think this quote sums it up all to well..

Quote:
We now live in a world where it is considered beneficial and necessary to spray poison all over our food and to add more poison (dye, preservatives, flavor enhancers, etc.) in processing our food. Then we take more poisons to counteract the poisons.

Or these two...

Quote:
We are now firmly entrenched in the notion that spraying poison on our food is somehow safe and beneficial.

We are brainwashed into believing that small amounts of poisons are perfectly permissible.

#1271231 - 29/07/2014 09:56 Re: Organic Foods [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Organically grown Broccoli, the leaves of this plant are nearly 1mtr high! smile

Who says you can't grow broccoli without pesticides? wink

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >

Who's Online
16 registered (Namarrkun, CuNimJim, Kino, Jimi, bd bucketingdown, Weary, StormQueen, Hailin, Sidney, mm997, aussiestormfreak, Mike Hauber, DDstorm, 3 invisible), 192 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Adele, David Simpson., HannahJayne, krambo, krambo22, Pancake, weather noob
Forum Stats
29419 Members
32 Forums
23729 Topics
1469236 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image