-== How to Upload, Tag and Post in Forums with flickr ==-
This assumes you already have a flickr
account, have become a member of the Weatherzone
Group and have a Weatherzone
forum account. There are numerous tools to upload from your desktop or mobile
, but I will explain the most basic proccess here.Upload to flickr
1. Upload your photograph to flickr
2. Once Uploaded click "add a description"
3. Edit the title and description so as to accurately describe the photograph
4. Complete the "Tags" field with a comma separated list to describe the photograph. e.g. "storm, lightning, Lismore, beach, boats". Don't be afraid of putting too many tags. The more the better.
5. Click SAVE
6. You should see your new photography listed in your "photo-stream". Click on it to get to the photographs details.
7. Your title is listed above and the description below. Click on either to edit them
8. In the right hand column there is the data relating to your photo. It will contain the tags you entered and may contain additional information like the camera you used and possibly the location.
9. If no location is listed click on "Add to your map" to geo-tag the location to your photograph.
10. Zoom and scroll around the map until you can see exactly where the photograph was taken. You may need to zoom in quite close.
11. Drag the photograph from the bottom strip onto the map and drop it in the spot you took the picture. You can adjust it if necessary and then save. You will be returned to the photograph details page.
12. Finally click "Send to group" (again just above the image on the details page) and select Weatherzone.Embed your Photograph in Weatherzone Forum
You will now need to embed your photograph in the Weatherzone
1. Copy the URL of your photographs detail page
2. Go to the forum, create a new post in an appropriate thread, and click the hyperlink icon (next to the smiley) and enter the URL, don't enter any text.
3. Go back to the Photograph Detail page and click "All Sizes" just above your image.
4. Select "Medium" from the "Available sizes:"
5. Copy the URL from the "Grab the photo's URL" field.
6. Go back to your forum post and click your cursor in the middle of the url tag.. i.e. just before the [/url]
7. Click on the image icon (next to the email icon) and click "insert a non-floating image" then paste the URL you copied into the field presented. It should enter a img tag inside the url tag.
8. That's It. You can add some comments if you like to your forum post and then submit.
And viola... my attempt at lightning photography.. linked back to flickr.