NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#871081 - 05/07/2010 19:55 Re: 1770 WEATHER 10 -29 SEPTEMBER [Re: Fozzy]
Fozzy Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: 1770
Hi there weather tragics! Didnt do my weather obs yesterday, A small surf popped up & combine that with a bit of a thing for La tour, I slept heaps. Gee it was hot today! I seen 24.8c on my portable wind/temp thingy, but it got hotter than that. At present(19:40) it is 16.9c & 70%. The RH 1022hpa & steady with the wind off the S. at 4km/h. The sky is clear.
I cant believe I got a snake call out today as well. Just a little tree snake outside a place, having a sun bake. Didnt need to do anything but teach the home owner that you dont need to kill them but rather learn to live with them. At least we dont have the mouse plague that central QLD has 'cause they killed them all!
One thing I like about watching the tour is watching the weather in France & surrounding countries...But that is another story! Hope you get the weather you want & remember "You gotta get hot, to be real cool"

#871143 - 06/07/2010 12:12 Re: 1770 WEATHER 10 -29 SEPTEMBER [Re: Fozzy]
Fozzy Offline
Cloud Gazer

Greetings weather people. Even though the radar is not showing it we have about 5/8 cloud cover & it looks as if showers are imminent, as there are some very darkies hanging around. At noon it is 25c. 39% RH. & the glass is showing 1019 hpa steady. The wind is 3 km/h ENE. I know that doesn't sound like rain, but what I see is what I see. What I do see is...No surf...again...Well when I say no surf, you can get a small long-board wave on a few breaks along the main beach at half tide. That's the good thing about here. It is easily the most consistent place for waves in Q, even if they are small. I hope the rain holds off though, because I have to take some German backpackers on a Wildlife walk tomarrow.

#871407 - 08/07/2010 16:46 Re: 1770 WEATHER 10 -29 SEPTEMBER [Re: Fozzy]
Fozzy Offline
Cloud Gazer

Why hi Crew, Woo! is it chilly! It only got to 17c today. I didnt even think my instruments had those numbers! The sea has been flat as a pancake. If you put a spirit level on the ocean the bubble would'nt move. Good for the reef though. Don, the skipper of one of the dive boats said conditions have been great for diving. He seen 50 whale's out there yesterdady. All tail dancing. The surf school has been getting a small learners wave and yesterday when I was on Agnes point taking weather photos, that I dont know how to post, I seen a few little waves on Workmans beach. I was in the coasal dunes with some German Backpackers nearly all day. The weather never socked in till last night. 6mm in the guage this morning. Currently 14.3c, 83%Rh. 1016hpa rising. wind nill last off the NNE

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
1 registered (terawatt), 55 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
caffeinated, Chaser_James, coffeeman, rhyso, Shear-iously
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529242 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image