Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#967412 - 01/03/2011 13:34 Timelapse Weather Video
.... Offline
Occasional Visitor

I love timelapse and opened this thread for us to share timelapse videos...can be great, can be learning, maybe just found a great one online and want to share it...Feel free to post it here smile

I'll start off with a couple...this one is mine from the weekend...I started the camera rolling before the storm hit and then condensed 30mins of footage down into 2 minutes. Quite start and then the storm hits. I love the clouds rolling through the garden after the storm clears through. Small hail, over 25mm of rain in half an hour smile Kids had a great time picking up the hail, still got it in the freezer now

There is also this great one from Schummy:

Originally Posted By: !SCHUMMY!
here is just a little something from today, nothing special but my first attempt at this type of time-lapse smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTVpLKpR9A

enjoy! grin

PS: If you want to post the video into a post use the following code:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxx[/video] - changing the xxxxxx to the unique code for your video smile

Edited by Black Nor'easter (01/03/2011 13:38)

#967452 - 01/03/2011 16:00 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
!SCHUMMY! Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Jimboomba, SEQ
great idea to have a thread for time-lapses as they are becoming very popular these days smile

thank you BNE for putting my vid in smile and i always wondered how to imbed it haha

here is another one of my time lapses from mid-january 2011 of a storm chase....

#976687 - 20/03/2011 03:25 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: !SCHUMMY!]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Old bar NSW east of taree

A couple of timelapses taken just east of Singleton in the Hunter Valley on the 16th March 2011.

#983537 - 11/04/2011 17:51 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: core puncher]
SkyScaN Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Sydney
I really need to get on these forums more! Timelapse of weather is great to do. Good to see a few more people into it. Here is a couple of mine I have done.
This one is from April 2010

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/OwtKSwwOA6s[/video]

And this one from January 2009, which has awesome circulation, looked like a tornado when played back in time lapse.

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/6TDrsNpLgRs[/video]

#984122 - 14/04/2011 22:06 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: SkyScaN]
Swaggie Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Canberra
Love the music in the last piece Skyscatt - care to share the name of it?

#985260 - 19/04/2011 21:33 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Swaggie]
SkyScaN Offline
Cloud Gazer

No idea off hand, that video was a couple of years ago now. I have a heap of royalty free music for use in videos, and I thin it was one of those. I'll try to find it if you want..

#987830 - 06/05/2011 16:36 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: SkyScaN]
Gustfront PD Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Sunshinecoast, QLD
Put together a bit of a compilation of timelapse from the past few months (includes a condensation shaft non-or slow rotating? can't tell, snapped on Jan 6 in NSW, finishes with a couple of CGs back in Dec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0JaXQwyjTQ

here is a shot from the vid (April 17)

Cheers PD

#990190 - 18/05/2011 21:16 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Gustfront PD]
SkyScaN Offline
Cloud Gazer

Nice.....

#993578 - 06/06/2011 08:51 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: SkyScaN]
!SCHUMMY! Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Jimboomba, SEQ
here is a very quick timelapse of the sunrise this morning from the new ANCAZ park at Southport smile

30 mins viewed in 15 secs, cant get better than that haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6egEfyXdzWI

#993730 - 06/06/2011 22:24 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: !SCHUMMY!]
joesk Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: In a BUS, where ever I stop..
here is a timelapse of the sunset on 5/6/2011 from the cane fields at Jacobs Well(SE QLD). The hill in the background is Mt Stapylton, which has the weather radar on top.Cheers [video:youtube]http://youtu.be/kBmnZpLW5LM[/video]

#1009528 - 02/09/2011 13:42 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: joesk]
Gustfront PD Offline
Weather Freak

Here is sort of a remixed lightning timelapse
from a good lightning show Dec 17 last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72-O7kPptok

Cheers

#1071983 - 06/02/2012 00:32 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Gustfront PD]
Gustfront PD Offline
Weather Freak

Timelapse (& Images) of Storms and Stars from WA to NSW in Jan 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1c40DYAGV4

PaulD

#1077329 - 17/02/2012 20:49 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Gustfront PD]
JimmyGray Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Palmerston NT
They are brilliant, love the variation of storms across this great country, well done! smile

#1096004 - 27/03/2012 07:26 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: JimmyGray]
_Chris_ Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Marleston
I haven't been on the forums much of late and had no idea about this thread. I'm glad I found it though, it's a great idea! Below is one I composed Sunday evening of the Moon, Venus and Jupiter conjunction setting into the twilight. It's the longest time lapse I've made so far (1h38m compressed to ten seconds) that I've made picture by picture (224 frames), instead of a video conversion. I'm part way through building a time lapse dolly to give smooth natural feeling pans and walkthroughs by having each camera movement move incrementally on a gear for each individual frame to make it fell like the cameras moving at a natural speed in a sped up world.

#1096113 - 27/03/2012 16:45 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: _Chris_]
Keith Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Kings Langley, NSW
I must be going blind in my old age as I never saw that this thread existed.

I love time lapses also but the only ones I have are from my webcam which takes over 3000 images a day, one every 10 seconds. I wish the images were better quality!

There are archived time lapses on my website but these are reduced to one image per minute. I don't know how I would get a meaningful time lapse without it taking up a huge amount of bandwidth or download capacity for people.

#1096717 - 30/03/2012 10:01 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Keith]
6DBTH Offline
Weather Freak

Hi all - Some great timelapse footage here! - Thought id chuck into the mix a little timelapse movie ive put together - It features timelapse footage of clouds/storms this summer in Sydney.

Unfortunately i cant seem to embed the vimeo video so here is the link;

Test D - Cloudscaping

and here's a still from the footage to wet your appetite!

#1096739 - 30/03/2012 11:48 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: 6DBTH]
Greg Sorenson Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Canberra!
GREAT WORK, LOVE IT! What program do you use 6? I currently use Premiere Pro, but have considered the switch to FInal Cut at some stage.

I'm going through all of this season's footage, it's gonna take a while but should have it ready for the ASWA meet in Katoomba. It will include HD footage and Time lapses, and some stills. I'll do a more theatrical highlights package for the ASWA conference..... hell, it's not everyday that you get to see your work on a cinema screen!

#1096753 - 30/03/2012 13:08 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Greg Sorenson]
6DBTH Offline
Weather Freak

Cheers Greg - This was mainly done with Premiere Pro and a teeny little bit of After Effects -

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the ASWA!

#1101352 - 26/04/2012 02:53 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: 6DBTH]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

ive really been getting into timelapse lately, this one i took on the 24th april.

just over 2000 photos taken over 4 hours, i would have done more astro towards the end but had ugly light pollution due to sporting field lights behind me.. that and was only in shorts and a tshirt and it got bloody cold quick when the sun dropped.. going up the mountains soon to escape the light and try do a full sunset to sunrise shoot.

Edited by core puncher (26/04/2012 02:56)

#1101368 - 26/04/2012 08:06 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: core puncher]
Mezo Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Under the Meso (or Springfield...
Nice, core puncher! Convection always makes a great timelapse subject.

Springfield Weather Obs

#1101410 - 26/04/2012 12:19 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Mezo]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

cheers Meso, Yeah i love it.. i'll be focussing more on timelapse next season of full day buildups etc. whatching the convection im such a manner is so more dynamic, unless ofcourse its explosive enough to see it with your own eyes. It'll take me a little more experimentation to get it a lot smoother, and getting the exposure a little more in check when the light is fading.

All part of the fun is learning, might have to tighten the wallet for a decent program though to make life a littel easier and faster, that one took me about 20hrs all up to edit what i could and process it..

Currently using Windoze live gallery, high quality phot resizer (free), and windoze live movie maker..

depending what cameras i use sometime need to use, free opener, freemake video converter and a couple of others,.

Tried out videopad, vegas pro and photoshop trial versions, found videopad to be ok..But happy for any suggestions of programs to toy with smile

#1101475 - 26/04/2012 19:52 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: core puncher]
Hunter Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Maitland
GREAT WORK guys time and patience well worth it.

#1101479 - 26/04/2012 20:45 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Hunter]
EddyG Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: NSW Port Stephens
Nicely done CP
What type of camera did you use? and what were your time intervals between shots?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddygroot/
YNWA

#1101492 - 26/04/2012 22:02 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: EddyG]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

my canon 1000d and for the most part a 18-55 IS and the wide angle toward the end a 8mm rokinon (samyang) the 8mm is new to me so still getting my head around using it correctly as i cant get it to work during the day as the exposure blows right out.. but found its awesome for low light and ideal for astro. with the 18-55 shots they where 5 second intervals and in dark for the sparkage used the 75-300 kit lens with between 10-30sec exposures as the light levels dropped -hence the trouble keeping the light fade consistant- then the 8mm i was doing 30 sec exposures set ap to 3.5 , then in windows movie maker i set the duration to 0.10 seconds (during the sparkage i slowed it back to 0.25).

#1101513 - 27/04/2012 00:44 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: core puncher]
CJI Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Victoria Point
Nice work Core Puncher.
As a personal preference I like a playback frame rate of 24 a second, but I understand how quickly that chews through frames.

My personal workflow is to use Photoshop for RAW > JPG conversion then batch resize, then VirtualDub (free) to compile into AVI.
I don't know if Elements does any of that, but it results in about a half hour time frame to process a few thousand frames.

#1101515 - 27/04/2012 01:22 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

thanks for the input CJI, i did have a much faster frame rate to start with but it was way too quick..i just slowed it up bit by bit till it had a better feel to it. Would taking the shots at wider increments then set to a higher frame rate give better results? I also didnt have the camera set for RAW as i was unsure of how many photos id end up taking and didnt want to fill the card mid shoot. But i know next time id fit plenty as i fried my back up camera plugging the wrong charger into it today so now have another 32gig card spare ;o/

eep im going to need a much bigger wallet and no mod cons for a while if im to buy Photoshop cs6 $700!! sheesh,,.. Elements is a little better at $100. Would elements suffice or would i be best getting the best? It'd take me a life time to learn the program, but i just found out the local photographer club is doing a couple of free courses and its only $20 a year membership..I just need to find a way out of work monday nights to attend smile

It'll take a little time to find a program and shooting style to get it all down pat, as they say live n learn smile

#1101518 - 27/04/2012 05:37 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
shanu Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: QLD
Hey All,

Some great vids on here, timelapse has been about my only hobby for a few years now, can't get enough of it.
So thought I might share these, bits & pieces from 2007 until late 2011 in no particular order.
All taken in central west Queensland.
These taken by continuous shooting with a Canon Powershot A460 & 2x A1200's, cheapest I could get.
Not real impressed with what YouTube did to the quality though viewed at the small imbedded size it's ok, well sort of, viewed at 480p.
Had to split into 2 parts as YouTube has a 15 minute length limit on videos unless you give google a mobile number & that won't be happening.

I'll try & get part 2 up over the next day or so, uploading this one took a few hours.
There's no sound, only picture.

Cheers

Edited by shanu (27/04/2012 05:41)

#1101542 - 27/04/2012 09:15 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
shanu Offline
Cloud Gazer

2nd half of the one above.

#1101630 - 27/04/2012 16:52 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: shanu]
CJI Offline
Weather Freak

Hey Shanu, Great work. Its good to see others in it for the long haul.
You can clearly see years of effort put into your work, so thank you for sharing some of Central West Queensland with the rest of us. I love what looks to be a wet microburst over an arid landscape toward the end of the second piece.

Core Puncher: Its generally playback speed that will effect how smooth it plays out, but as you mentioned, it moves a little quicker than you prefer. Halving your intervals may help, but please be aware that a Canon EOS 1000D has an expected shutter life of around 100,000 articulations.
Personally I shoot at 15sec intervals daytime, and often 30sec intervals night time. This means the storms scream by, but it still plays smooth at 20-24 fps.

I generally like using RAW because it slightly limits the amount of aperture stopping up or down with changing light. It isn't necessary, but it is helpful.

Apparently, Photoshop Elements has limited batch processing, but can do some batch resizing. I'd suggest researching thoroughly though. The thing about Photoshop is you never really need to know all of it, but its often beneficial to.
Someone else may be able to recommend a good batch processing alternative.

#1101686 - 27/04/2012 21:03 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
shanu Offline
Cloud Gazer

Originally Posted By: CJI
Hey Shanu, Great work. Its good to see others in it for the long haul.
You can clearly see years of effort put into your work, so thank you for sharing some of Central West Queensland with the rest of us. I love what looks to be a wet microburst over an arid landscape toward the end of the second piece.

Thanks, yeah it certainly takes some time to put everything together, those above were highlights of 36 different afternoons & evenings combined to make the video.
Even though YouTube totally killed the quality of those the originals are 720 x 576 sized & when viewed on a 17" 4:3 aspect monitor the fullscreen quality is perfect.

Someone else may be able to recommend a good batch processing alternative.

I use Xn-View for batch converting, free & works well.
It has quite a few options available in the batch processing mode.

All mine are put together with free software using a Linux Ubuntu operating system.

For those vids above I used the camera set on 1600 x 1200 size, Xn-View (Windows version on WINE) to batch resize the images to 720 x 540.
Then Cinelerra to put them together as video at 720 x 576 (closest option that would work), left a hardly noticable black border top & bottom of the video.
Then a final run through WinFF (FFMPEG) to set the keyframes to every frame & drop the bitrate a bit for a smaller filesize ready for final editing/trimming out the bits I didn't want, like when the wind blows tripods over or cows slobber all over the cameras or knock them over while I'm away from them etc. etc..

The Canon Powershots create folders containing 2,000 pics each when continuous shooting.
Depending on how fast everything was happening in real-time, when editing I would select only certain numbers from each folder, like every pic with a filename ending in 0 & 5 for example & put them together as the video.
Sometimes if things happened fast & I wanted to slow it down I'd select every second pic, or multiples of 3 or 4 to suit the situation.

Recently changed my methods a bit & bought a couple of cheap ($160 each) JVC Picsio waterproof full HD video cameras that have settings for taking videos in timelapse mode, they can be set to take 1 frame every 0.5, 5 or 40 seconds. Timelapse mode takes the vids at 1280 x 720, 60 fps.
Sure is a lot easier than setting a small adjustable clamp for continuous shooting on shutter buttons on a standard camera & a lot less editing time at home also.
Editing is now done with AviDemux (free-Windows version available also) & WinFF which is also free & has Windows versions available.

The finished product now looks like this below & YouTube HD quality is a lot better though it still loses some quality.

#1101694 - 27/04/2012 22:06 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: shanu]
CJI Offline
Weather Freak

That's quite a remarkable sunset with its last burst of colour,especially considering the camera.

And don't be afraid to include the cows slobbering on your camera!
I know I've had some tripod fails, putting mine on the beach when the tide comes in, but foreground interest is always great in a time lapse.
Cattle, soldier crabs, wind blown stuff, etc, can make a great compliment to a storm.

#1101975 - 29/04/2012 19:13 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
Ben Offline

Loc: Loganholme/Tweed Coast
Some incredible timelapses in this thread. Love the sunset one, and sixes variety including the massive gustfront, just wow.

Done my share of timelapses over the years!
December 9th 07 Supercell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtTeib-eIU
Western Sydney LP Supercell Timelapse 29th March 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgmcnvP2LQ
Blue Mountians Pulse storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vdX5_d-Sw
Goolma Gustfront formation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP7hDNuIoLk

#1101994 - 29/04/2012 22:00 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Ben]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

What date was the Goolma one taken?

#1102017 - 30/04/2012 01:39 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: core puncher]
Ben Offline

5th of January I believe. I recall from the thread you were on the same storm! wink

#1102028 - 30/04/2012 08:00 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Ben]
Scud Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mcleans Ridges
Ben what direction are you facing in the Goolma timelapse?

#1102057 - 30/04/2012 15:07 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
Dave t Offline
Cloud Gazer

These are all so good :-)
I've been taking timelapse of weather for ages but just discovered this group.

I have a latest vid here to contribute to the collection...

#1102289 - 01/05/2012 23:40 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Dave t]
Ben Offline

James - that was facing roughly south in the timelapse smile

Nice timelapse David!

Edited by Ben (01/05/2012 23:46)

#1128693 - 25/09/2012 15:40 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Ben]
Noname Offline
Weatherzone Addict

My timelapse video of clouds and their shadows smile

#1129879 - 01/10/2012 17:50 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Noname]
Noname Offline
Weatherzone Addict

#1137547 - 04/11/2012 01:38 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Noname]
CJI Offline
Weather Freak

Hi all

Below is a compilation of time lapses taken between spring 2008 and spring 2012. Photographed in South East Queensland (and immediate surrounds), some of you may recognise a few of the storms, while others may not have had the chance.

At 25 frames per second with one frame taken every 15 seconds, it may seem a bit hyperactive to some people, my apologies if it's too quick.
Consider it a highlight reel.

Hopefully there is enough variety in it to keep it interesting.
I'm not totally happy with the colour and resolution of the encode, but it was the best I coud do.
Please note; it starts a little slow.

As the board doesn't seem to have vimeo UBB embed tags, just ckick on this image:

#1137559 - 04/11/2012 08:10 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
bruski Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Helensvale, Gold Coast
Very well done CJI, hypnotic.. Love seeing how things evolve in quick time, it seems to be more obvious how the clouds behave in this format.

#1137665 - 04/11/2012 17:34 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: bruski]
Dawoodman Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Thoopara; Prossie/ Bayswater
awesome video CJI Some great footage grin

Can't wait for the storms to start around my end soon

#1137670 - 04/11/2012 17:42 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Dawoodman]
Ben Quinn (BSCH) Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Caboolture, ~45km north of Bri...
Great work CJI, you should be proud of that - it looks great! Anyone that has ever taken time lapse footage before can appreciate the patience that's involved in 4 years worth of footage. Keep up the great work - I hope your still taking photos!

#1137675 - 04/11/2012 17:52 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Ben Quinn (BSCH)]
poida84 Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: buxton,wollondilly
oh sweet as! thats just awesome. the lightnings you got in the time lapse do they come out good too? cuase i was wondering if i could set cam up with the built in interval timer. i dont mind having awesome lightning shots and having the time lapse in 1 go.

#1137729 - 04/11/2012 21:10 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: poida84]
CJI Offline
Weather Freak

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you took the time to watch it.

I agree Bruski. It seems like scale is directly proportional to observed speed. While smaller features are often too quick to appreciate, it does seem to give focus to behavior on a Mesoscale.
I've often been surprised by details that weren't apparent in realtime, and they've definitely helped me understand the effects of some conditions.

Dawoodman; I hear you. I think the forum might go into a collective meltdown for lack of storms. I hope you guys get a great season.

Ben, don't worry, I don't plan on stopping. I hope the weather will cooperate though.
I have to say, I really admire what you've done with the weathercam network. The scope is amazing.
I really appreciate the comment from someone who obviously spends a lot time sharing so many resources with all of us.

Poida84, The individual photos are much cleaner and more vibrant than the uploaded video, so it is perfect for lightning photography. You really don't even need an interval timer, anyway. Just set the shutterspeed, make sure the camera has a "continuous shooting mode", and lock a standard remote shutter down. -that way you won't even miss a second of lightning.
The only drawback with time-laspsing though, is committing to a shot for a substantial amount of time. So anticipation is the key.

#1137737 - 04/11/2012 21:25 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
poida84 Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: buxton,wollondilly
sweet yeh fastest was 1sec between shots ill have to get remote then hehehe thanks alot grin

#1143675 - 22/11/2012 08:14 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
Chris #3 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Semaphore SA
Hi all

Below is a compilation of time lapses taken between spring 2008 and spring 2012.

Incredible! I enjoyed that heaps CJI, one of the best weather timelapses I've seen (if not the best)

I'm just getting into the whole timelapse thing and finding it very rewarding so far. My videos do not compare to most of the ones in here but thought I'd post them anyway.

This one was never intended to be a timelapse, I was just trying to get video of lightning so I could do some slow motion stuff. I tried splicing out the lightning strikes and putting them into slow-mo but it didn't work very well - ruined the timelapse effect plus the footage is too jumpy anyway. I think it could work with a stable camera, better resolution, and gradual slowmo back into timelapse speed.

Just a simple one in the backyard for practice -

It's very slow, I made a faster one also - https://vimeo.com/54011003

Another backyard one poke -

I really like the little minute details..like the delicate strands evaporating and others condensing. Given me a whole new appreciation of clouds.

My equipment is limited to a GoPro camera atm, which makes it easy...but pretty limited in doing 'close ups' and that kind of thing. I like to leave it running in the backyard while I'm at work then watch it when I get home - girlfriend thinks I'm nuts.

I've tried all sorts of settings but been playing around with ridiculous ones lately like 2 shots per second.

Just starting to figure out encoding, editing, uploading without it turning out a mess.

Edited by Chris #3 (22/11/2012 08:22)

#1146880 - 02/12/2012 11:56 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Chris #3]
CJI Offline
Weather Freak

Thanks for your comments Chris, its great to see others with an appreciation for time lapse.

I have to say that I'm continually impressed with the GoPro range, and had no idea that they had such focal range, (Wide to ultra wide by the look of it). The daylight CGs expose really well too.

Don't worry, girlfriends come around to the idea, you could be doing plenty worse grin

My first Timelapses were manually shot and compiled together as 3 second animated Gifs, but the more you get to know the strengths and limitations of the hardware, the greater the reward you get. I'm forever scanning the skys for anything unusual to try and capture.

I'm with you on the encoding/ uploading compression thing, there really is an art to it.

I look forward to seeing more vids of yours from SA.

#1150007 - 16/12/2012 22:31 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: CJI]
core puncher Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Been a while since I've browsed the forums and this thread.. CJI omg your time lapse sheer brilliance! Myself I preffer the higher end speeds to show the dynamics at work. In a whole you couldn't improve on your work.. It's hard to improve on perfect! Must have taken you ages to compile what you have.. Thankyou!

#1176877 - 26/02/2013 08:15 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
GLEN TIPLER Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: yatala
Some fantastic timelapses in here so thought id through mine in aswell, doesnt compare to some of the awesomeness of other peoples work but since its been a while for any new ones might aswell lol . Just my footage of the 2012/2013 storm season from my neck of the woods.Its ok i guess as its been one of the worst storm seasons ever !

#1205708 - 30/07/2013 11:25 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
teckert Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: NE suburbs, Adelaide, South Au...
not directly weather, but this is very impressive...
http://vimeo.com/63653873
Made entirely from Google street view.

I'm sure some time-lapse enthusiasts could grab the supplied instructions and make their own?

#1205878 - 01/08/2013 01:22 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
Markus Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Clare, SA
That is insanely cool teck! cheers for sharing

http://markdawsonphoto.wordpress.com/

#1340285 - 05/09/2015 14:52 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
Sasquatch Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: FerntreeGully-Boronia, Melbour...
A short cloud timelapse mash-up taken from home in Boronia.

Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/123375612

#1340956 - 15/09/2015 01:02 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
wrxflame Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Torrensville SA
Have to share this incredible video I stumbled across on my Apple TV Vimeo tab.

45,000 frames and I find it hard to describe in words...

https://vimeo.com/134173961

#1342364 - 29/09/2015 21:27 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: wrxflame]
Chris #3 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Semaphore SA
Originally Posted By: wrxflame
Have to share this incredible video I stumbled across on my Apple TV Vimeo tab.

45,000 frames and I find it hard to describe in words...

https://vimeo.com/134173961

Thanks so much for sharing that. Kind of like seeing God for a religious person I'd say.

The great thing about time lapse stuff is source material being such high resolution. Can you imagine that film (it's too good to be called a video :p) in 4k and beyond?

Edited by Chris #3 (29/09/2015 21:32)

#1366198 - 18/02/2016 15:29 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
Dawoodman Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hey guys I have uploaded a video in the victorian thread yeasterday and thought I'd share it here as well grin

This is from the 2015/16 storm season in Melbourne with my trip to the USA tacked on to the end cheers

#1366465 - 19/02/2016 22:07 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: ....]
Popeye Offline

Loc: Cable Beach - Broome WA
God job Dawoodman. So much fun chasing hey? Was looking for music the other day to go with a video and heard those tunes. Hard to get something to play with facebook/youtube before they block it. Keep chasing man.

#1366493 - 20/02/2016 00:54 Re: Timelapse Weather Video [Re: Popeye]
Dawoodman Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Popeye
God job Dawoodman. So much fun chasing hey? Was looking for music the other day to go with a video and heard those tunes. Hard to get something to play with facebook/youtube before they block it. Keep chasing man.

cheers man, Chasing is great, I'm going to have to head to NSW and QLD next season, cheaper than the USA poke

as for the music in my video, I can't monetise it but if I let their adds then its ok........ The first song is creative commons though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
flylady, rainsomemore
Forum Stats
29297 Members
32 Forums
23625 Topics
1454132 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image