North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019

Posted by: Mick10

North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 31/03/2019 21:06

after a huge February and March, be interesting to see what April brings.
Posted by: Wezza

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 31/03/2019 21:20

Having some nice heavy showers here in CT for the last hour or so. On top of a nice little storm we had last night. I fertilized my back yard yesterday afternoon so I'm super happy with the rain. smile
Posted by: SBT

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 02/04/2019 14:39

Dull overcast, nothing in the rain gauge.
Posted by: ol mate

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 10/04/2019 10:02

a definite change in weather this morning - bit of a chill in the early morning
Posted by: Nerd65

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 11/04/2019 18:15

First sub 20deg minimum in Townsville this morning since 27th October last year: 19.8 at 0455.
Posted by: Mick10

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 11/04/2019 19:36

just came off overnight shifts and could certainly tell the difference at dawn for most of the week, but especially from last weekend onwards. just that little bit of extra chill. some nice showers about this arvo, had a good line heading directly towards me twice, first one missed by about 1km, next one died and reformed west.
Posted by: bartholomu

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 13/04/2019 06:12

The transition to the dry season is upon us, a welcome prospect for many whom suffered the wrath of the wet season. Cooler mornings are entrenching themselves as the new normal, a very cool winter for the north might be on the cards, so far the year has been giving our region some extreme weather. currently 19 degrees.

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 19/04/2019 06:13

Thought I would take my 'piece of ship' fishing, weather gods are keeping that activity in the creeks, nice cool mornings with a bit of a breeze even before the sun is up.

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 28/04/2019 08:17

26mm overnight in kelso near the dam, from a very heavy 40 minute event with strong winds at around 9.30pm.
Posted by: KiwiSonia

Re: North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell to Bowen - April 2019 - 29/04/2019 17:19

Hi all,

This a post for the monsoon, but am posting here as it is more likely to be seen. smile
Does anyone have any rainfall data for Rosslea for the monsoonal flooding week (Bowen Rd end of Lindsay St but backing onto Hodel st)? I have a unit and they are trying to tell us that is was 'flood damage' from the dam being opened and that it was not water ingress from the Sat or Sunday (even though we have a few photos that would suggest otherwise). Any other information or hot tips that would help would be most appreciated to try and get some of my lost money back! It would mean the world to me and the other three owners of units! Feel free to PM me please. Thanks!