Page 131 of 131 < 1 2 ... 129 130 131
Topic Options
#1441782 - 20/11/2017 16:50 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi again for today folks.

After my last post, I got to thinking that the east coast regions of Australia may be niggled enough by the New Caledonia quakes to energize some tremors....??? The offshore Queensland region is the main area I was thinking of.

Also the surrounding Pacific Islands [of New Caledonia] may come up with the odd M5 now and possibly even an M6....???

The southern end [South Island or below] of NZ may also come up with an M4+...???

NSW and Vic may also inherit some energy from these large quakes. SA may also come up with one or two tremors too...??

Just some passing thoughts....

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (20/11/2017 16:52)

#1442239 - 24/11/2017 16:13 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I have waited for a few days to see if what I mentioned in my last post would occur and it did for Australia. In addition, WA has also come up with a tremor. I also haven't been sitting at my computer to rattle on about all the quakes coming up worldwide as I have torn/strained tendons/bits in my lower left back - and sitting has been rather annoying. Old decrepit Duck yet again crazy

Anyway, briefly, the west coast of the U.S. quakes/tremors may have kicked off movement in the offshore regions of western Canada.
Also there was an 'arc' of tremoring coming up, around and below [Sth] of Washington [U.S.].

The Mediterranean has had a few quakes and the energy from the western Pacific seems to have snuck over and through China -> through to India, Middle East, then Mediterranean. Just my thoughts there.

Hopefully I will add more stuff very soon.

For now, dilapidated Duck smile

#1443128 - 01/12/2017 16:03 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
batty Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Finch Hatton Gorge
where r u duck weather?

#1443418 - 02/12/2017 23:00 Re: Earthquakes [Re: batty]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi batty and all.

I am still alive and kicking. Well not kicking just yet - had a bit of a knackered hip joint last week and have been studying too much [a Harvard course/professional development] and am yet to catch up and focus on quakes.

Going to have a forced break from study and will spend a bit more time keeping an eye on what's going on with the quakes.

Just having a quick sqizz at the quakes for now, I can see that there has been quite a bit of generalized activity across the planet.

The eastern side of the U.S. came up with an M4+ [not far from NY if my memory serves me correctly]. A little unusual in the current 'climate' of quake activity, but not unusual in the history of that location.

The other places I have rattled on about in the past have generally come up with movements and the west Pacific [around the New Caledonia region] has been a consistent rattler in recent times. The energy there has been very focused indeed.

Don't quote me on this, but I get a smidgen of a feeling that the Mediterranean Sea surrounds and maybe the west of the Gibraltar region may come up with an M5+??? at some point soon. Could be wrong.

Anyway, this ol' Duck will try and add some more vewy, vewy soon. wink

Edited by duckweather (02/12/2017 23:00)

#1443557 - 03/12/2017 15:57 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well Australia is still sneaking in the odd tremor, with 2 coming up in fairly quick succession in NSW in Orange and just SE of.

In the U.S., Oklahoma went a little quieter for a short while, but has recently come back into some small tremor activity.
The Appalachian Mountains in the eastern U.S. has seen tremors come up on both the northern and southern nearby regions recently and currently. But there have been a bulk of the tremors coming up involving the mountain ranges [fault lines] near Tennessee.
The west coastal regions of the U.S. and heading up to the border with Canada, has been quite busy with small tremors. The U.S. west coastal region [maybe SW of Eureka] may come up with an M4 - 4+??

The western side of the Pacific, including the countries north of Australia are still feeling activity from the plate movements around these regions. There may be a chance of an M5+ coming up in the mix of quakes, as the movement looks quite consistent at the moment and could set off a semi-stuck spot or get bit of a rev up for one location.

The Himalayan region is also spotting with a tremor and leading into the Middle East are some quakes too.

Africa has felt an energy push in The Democratic Republic of The Congo. This, as far as I can see, may involve the major Rift/fault running semi north/south. I wonder if we will see some sort of volcanic activity in the near future???

Alaska has been trotting along with numerous tremors up in and around the upper Gulf regions. An M4 may come up there at some point.

The Atlantic Ridge overall, has also been spotting with quakes - from the south to the north.

The British Isles [Scotland, England or Ireland????] may come up with a tremor at some point.
The regions - somewhere- near the Netherlands or some surrounding country may come up with a tremor too???

NZ may get spot a spot tremor or two at some point. The Cook Strait may come up with a movement also.

An unusual place may come up with an M4 - but not sure where I feel this may be yet.....

Remember that all I say is to be taken with a pinch of salt folks wink

For the moment, Duck.

#1443881 - 05/12/2017 10:48 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks. Will come back to posting at some point. One of my sons is unwell [recurring physical illness] and I will be focusing on him. Not sure when I will be back. Cheers, Duck.

#1444158 - 07/12/2017 19:53 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Okey dokey, back again - all good.

There have been some movements near Tasmania [a good M3.5 near Flinders Island]and NSW has had a few tremors too. WA has also had a few tremors.
I suspected that the SE of Australia may come into some activity. WE have had some very small movements here and I suspect that there may be an outside chance that this [what I felt were movements] could be related to the energy lurking on Australia's SE/S. It wouldn't surprise me if Vic or offshore Vic may come up with a tremor soon [a registered one].
A quake came up SW/S of Oz in the SE Indian Ocean. There may be another below Australia [perhaps halfway between Oz and Antarctica.

The Himalaya's came up with the movement I was thinking it would recently. This energy seems to have infiltrated areas west/NW of such too - Middle East.

The western side of the Pacific is still showing continuing energy, given such, anywhere along this side of the Pacific could see an M5+ at any point in time.

NZ has come up with a quake north of Cook Strait region - in the North Island - not Cook Strait as I said it might. Somewhere in relation to the South Island or south of may come up with an M4+ at some point. NZ always has small tremors though. But I am feeling that some M3+ or M4+ activity may come up somewhere along their major fault line or offshore/coast? of the NE regions of the North Island. Maybe in a location near or on the last large quake they had some time ago, which caused some incredible new features in the landscape. The sea floor rise on the coast was incredible back when the last large quake hit. I just feel there may some sort of a chance that there may be another tremor there at some point in the near future - not nasty though.

The U.S. west coast is having all sorts of problems at the moment with the wildfires and thrown in the 'mix' are tremors as well. I thought a quake may come up SW offshore of Eureka, and so far the tremors have been creeping towards this and other coastal regions of California.

The west coast of Canada is continuing with responses to the energies, I feel, are coming from the San Andreas and the Pacific.

Oklahoma came up with an M4+, which I felt would happen.

I am yet to catch up with other activity.

For now, Duck.

#1444716 - 13/12/2017 11:32 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well Australia, namely NSW, SA, WA and a bit of Vic is seeing some interesting activity at the moment. NSW is feeling some concerted energy atm.. I feel the energy causing these tremors is coming in from the South East Indian Ridge [directly below Oz affecting the southern part of our continent. The tremors in NSW may be being energized by activity filtering in through the Tasman Sea from the plate edge that runs through NZ.
In my simple mind, I see and perhaps imagine that 'your hand' in holding the Australian Plate at below Oz and the other hand is holding the eastern side of the plate. Then push north from the south end - and in from the east -> to west. A combination of this subtle pushing may be irritating the faults we see coming up with tremors in the south and east of Oz....just my unscientific opinion wink

The unusual quake [I didn't mention a location] I was suspecting may come up in recent times turned out to be the one in Norway.

The Himalayas has 'played up' like I anticipated it would and the Middle East [Iran] has had an M6 and subsequent M5 today. I am sure there are more small tremors happening there too.

The western [and central] U.S,. Canada west and Alaska are still rattling along with tremors.

I recently thought a quake may come up in the Cook Strait in NZ, but one came just south of there.

For now, Duck wink

#1445129 - Yesterday at 21:23 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

On watching the busy recent quake activity north of Australia/western Pacific, and just in my opinion, this activity seemd to follow on from the several tremors which came up on the southern part of our continent.
Remember I said I thought if you imagined one hand pushing our plate up from the south and the other hand pushing the plate in from the east or so, in my mind [and considering this last part] the tremors in the lower part of Oz were possibly a sign of energy being driven up and through Oz to the northern reaches of our plate - thus maybe causing the quakes [or helping to] north of Australia. May sound a bit way out there, but [in my mind I saw a possible pattern emerging - starting with the tremors in lower Australia - preceding that latter quakes].

Another thing I noticed, and have mentioned this observation before, the Leon Mow seismo I sometimes watch, was showing a build up of irritation prior to the quakes north of Oz/western Pacific. This seismo is situated in Victoria and I wonder if this seismo registered some energy building and translating through the south of Oz to the north of the plate we sit on.....???

Of course all of the above may be only part of the reason [if at all] the run of quakes in the western Pacific occurred.

I also feel that the quakes I mentioned would occur along/near the Himalayas recently, may have sent energy slightly to the north into China, Afghanistan and other regions, causing tremors/quakes.

The west coast of the U.S. went through a flurry of tremors, with a few moderately sized tremors thrown up in the mix. At the moment, the western coast of the U.S. is just niggling with small tremors.

I am wondering if the western side/coastal region of Canada may come up with an M4+ soon. As may Alaska, perhaps along the Aleutians.

I get a feeling the Mediterranean {Greece? or Crete? or somewhere towards Italy or maybe somewhere around the Adriatic???] may come up with an M5+ soon.

Somewhere in the British Isles, or nearby country, may come up with an M3'ish...??

For now, Duck.

Page 131 of 131 < 1 2 ... 129 130 131

Who's Online
2 registered (seaworthy, 1 invisible), 263 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Ganesh, Lizardman
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23761 Topics
1472335 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image