Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19
Topic Options
#1426452 - 21/06/2017 20:41 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Adelaide Hills.
I'm just thankful the world is not socially falling to pieces in front of me smile !

#1427155 - 02/07/2017 13:11 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: duckweather]
Seira Offline

Originally Posted By: duckweather
Hi Seira.

Being self aware and maintaining a base-line for what we allow to affect us is the ideal. Unfortunately, though we may aim to maintain this stasis, external factors can sometimes upset that preferred balance and way of being. An empathic individual, for example, may face constant battle mentally and emotionally as they try to shield themselves from external happenings.

Cheers, Duck.

Bold – Which is exactly why I have the profile signature I do smile .

Edited by Seira (02/07/2017 13:12)

#1427704 - 09/07/2017 15:24 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

Link

Please note the above link may update or expire.

#1427837 - 11/07/2017 19:34 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

#1428354 - 18/07/2017 18:59 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

The serenity to accept what I cannot change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference!

#1430124 - 07/08/2017 21:40 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you”
― Lemmy Kilmister

#1432453 - 01/09/2017 22:06 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

The question is do we have it in us to make a difference in our own way in our own time? Does a supposed "issue" [that can be dealt with] serve a purpose? I can laugh and laugh ... and laugh a little bit more [in retrospect somewhat I admit]. I need more laughter, because it's so [censored] addictive when thinking about how much we could do, as a collective, in the face of stupidity, bullsh$t, hearsay, gossip, rhetorical semantics, arrogance, resentment, anger, hatred, judgment, angst, bitterness, and the list goes on and on and on. Oh my goodness...

Laughter is a good medicine, and I'm not going to apologise for it either smile !

Edited by Seira (01/09/2017 22:07)

#1432487 - 02/09/2017 11:07 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
ozone doug Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Roma SW QLD Eye to the West...
Well said Seira,Yes laughter is the best medicine. grin cheers

#1433061 - 06/09/2017 20:34 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

I'm acknowledging something within this forum -- you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink it....that is worth a [censored] ROFLMFAO laugh laugh laugh !

#1433062 - 06/09/2017 20:42 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: ozone doug]
Seira Offline

Originally Posted By: ozone doug

And we can laugh at both "success" and "failure", and everything in-between smile !

#1433328 - 08/09/2017 23:17 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

Is there anyone on this forum, or reading this who can respond appropriately, who definitely knows what LGBTIQ stands for, in reality, without bias or negative connotations? I do know [I think] smile .

Edited by Seira (08/09/2017 23:18)

#1433356 - 09/09/2017 09:27 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Kino Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Wollongong, NSW, Aus
What it stands for? As in definition or?

#1433379 - 09/09/2017 13:17 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Kino]
Seira Offline

Originally Posted By: Kino

A description of what each letter means in the acronym. I am wondering whether it is reasonable to discuss the breadth of the acronym - to find insight smile and bring about new understanding as to what it means, and what it doesn't.

I am asking because I can't find anywhere on this forum where it has been discussed in this manner, and I think it is a reasonable (if not core) social topic. I don't have all the answers either.

Edited by Seira (09/09/2017 13:20)

#1433420 - 09/09/2017 19:26 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Kino Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Wollongong, NSW, Aus
Originally Posted By: Seira

A description of what each letter means in the acronym. I am wondering whether it is reasonable to discuss the breadth of the acronym - to find insight smile and bring about new understanding as to what it means, and what it doesn't.

I am asking because I can't find anywhere on this forum where it has been discussed in this manner, and I think it is a reasonable (if not core) social topic. I don't have all the answers either.

Probably because (a) it's quite personal and (b) because it's quite fluid apparently and also based on attraction, which is also a very subjective matter.

Gay - Generally refers to a male who is physically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to other males. May also refer to females who are attracted to other females, as well as the gay community in general.
Lesbian - A female who is physically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to other females.
Bisexual - A person who is physically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to persons of the same or opposite sex.

Transgender - A person whose gender identity is different from his or her anatomical sex may (or may not) elect to undergo chemical and/or surgical alteration. Transsexual generally are people who undergo the surgical process.

Intersex - Person born with mixed sexual physiology; a sex is often “assigned” at birth, though this practice is under attack as violating one’s well-being.

Questioning - well self explanatory

But this doesn't include asexual people either.

#1433453 - 10/09/2017 00:47 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

Thanks for your input smile .

Edited by Seira (10/09/2017 00:55)

#1433523 - 10/09/2017 17:01 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

Topics only become personal when the contributors to the topic make it personal! The fact this is a public forum makes exposure higher!

Edited by Seira (10/09/2017 17:02)

#1434629 - 21/09/2017 22:13 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

Laughter...need more of it smile ... everywhere!

Edited by Seira (21/09/2017 22:17)

#1435017 - 24/09/2017 18:39 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: ozone doug]
Seira Offline

Originally Posted By: ozone doug

Yes, when it is honest!

#1436167 - 05/10/2017 21:00 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Seira]
Seira Offline

Interpretations - One Perspective:

Arrogance: Only their opinion matters.
Assertiveness: Are open to others' opinions, regardless of knowledge, experience or skills.

Arrogance: Ignore others.
Assertiveness: Are willing to listen to others.

Arrogance: Dictate the terms of discussion.
Assertiveness: Are open to discussion.

Open discussion is: inviting, encouraging, complex, straightforward, heated, calm, insightful, eye-opening, humorous, serious...non-judgmental, multiple subjects, meaningful smile , factual.

Closed (exclusive discussion, either explicitly or implicitly) is: provoking anxiety/reluctance, discouraging, argumentative, heated, can be vitriolic, suppressive, narrow, second-guessing, judgmental, serious, facetious...one-sided, one subject, can be subjective and confusing.

One rule: if it takes one longer to think about whether to contribute to discussion, than to actually discuss things, that may be telling one something.

smile

Edited by Seira (05/10/2017 21:05)

#1436543 - 10/10/2017 13:03 Re: General Notes on Psychology! [Re: Kino]
J Pabo Offline
Weather Freak

Probably because (a) it's quite personal and (b) because it's quite fluid apparently and also based on attraction, which is also a very subjective matter.

Gay - Generally refers to a male who is physically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to other males. May also refer to females who are attracted to other females, as well as the gay community in general.
Lesbian - A female who is physically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to other females.
Bisexual - A person who is physically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to persons of the same or opposite sex.

Transgender - A person whose gender identity is different from his or her anatomical sex may (or may not) elect to undergo chemical and/or surgical alteration. Transsexual generally are people who undergo the surgical process.

Intersex - Person born with mixed sexual physiology; a sex is often “assigned” at birth, though this practice is under attack as violating one’s well-being.

Questioning - well self explanatory

But this doesn't include asexual people either.

The you have additional groups as follows:

Bi-sexual - someone who pays for sex

Tri-sexual - someone who tries to have sex with anything

Quad-sexual - someone who has sex with anything that has four legs.

Edited by J Pabo (10/10/2017 13:03)

Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19

Who's Online
17 registered (Brett T, wet sky, _Johnno_, Steve777, one drop, RC, Weary, Vinnie, mysteriousbrad, Timbuck, Mike Hauber, Snowy Hibbo, Bone Dry, pabloako, Warmfront, Max744, 1 invisible), 271 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
benny200, ChaseNZ, ptera, stormymick1, ThunderstormZ, typhoonbeach, Wave Rider
Forum Stats
29382 Members
32 Forums
23698 Topics
1465076 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image