Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#1431372 - 21/08/2017 16:48 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Seira]
Kino Online   content
Weather Freak

Loc: Wollongong, NSW, Aus
Originally Posted By: Seira
Originally Posted By: Kino
Firstly, you edited out what I was actually replying too. Quite disingenuous.

Direct me to exactly what you mean if you want smile.

Clearly I can't because you edited it out.

As for "addressing the science" the BIGGEST issue for many is that the science has also been taken out - AGW is based upon:
- altered data (unscientific! whatever the reasons given. The changes aren't public nor explained, hardly transparent)
- That altered data is then fed into a "model", owned and developed by "scientists" who want a warming result, which contains a number of algorithms that are also unknown, unexplained and unproven and refused to be made public (for whatever reason).

That result is then taken as gospel and if anyone dares question it they are labeled "sCeptics" (note the "C") or a "denier" akin to a horrendous insult for past war atrocities. So you wonder WHY there is "ATTITUDE"? #Glasshouses

#1431373 - 21/08/2017 17:08 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Teddy]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wollongong and Berrima NSW
The passive aggressive attitude in this thread is cringey.

And Kino, you make some very valid points in your posts above and on the previous page.

#1431374 - 21/08/2017 17:09 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Kino]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Adelaide Hills.
Originally Posted By: Seira
Firstly, you edited out what I was actually replying too. Quite disingenuous.

Direct me to exactly what you mean if you want smile.

Clearly I can't because you edited it out.

Ok, so I made a mistake/edit somewhere along the line. There would have be a reason for it (maybe not relevant to the thread, can't remember)
As for "addressing the science" the BIGGEST issue for many is that the science has also been taken out - AGW is based upon:
- altered data (unscientific! whatever the reasons given. The changes aren't public nor explained, hardly transparent)
- That altered data is then fed into a "model", owned and developed by "scientists" who want a warming result, which contains a number of algorithms that are also unknown, unexplained and unproven and refused to be made public (for whatever reason).

That result is then taken as gospel and if anyone dares question it they are labeled "sCeptics" (note the "C") or a "denier" akin to a horrendous insult for past war atrocities. So you wonder WHY there is "ATTITUDE"? #Glasshouses

My understanding (this is sincere) is the acronym “AGW” has connotations of ideology associated with it because it has been taken out of a scientific context – it is a hypothesis or idea, not a theory. The reason for the name change was because it is now multidisciplinary, not theory but more of an understanding (and an incomplete one at that). Theories are from within; science generates theories.

If people wish to look at the science, starting off by taking about altered/fudged data or the like, means one has to know something about the original data in order to draw that conclusion, which means having sourced the raw data in the first place. So…getting back to the thread topic, has anyone made enquiries about getting the original datasets, and how is one going to determine the veracity of those datasets?

Also I don’t want a medal – I want sincerity and transparency as well smile . I am happy to clarify these issues if I can.

To be quite honest I'm sick of this tangential debate...so bye to it!

Edited by Seira (21/08/2017 17:14)

#1431375 - 21/08/2017 17:17 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Teddy]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: toowoomba
Can anybody give me a reason why the BOM Charlottes pass AWS is no longer used.Remember the -23C recorded there on the 24th June 1994.I would say that some of the low temps we've seen this winter would have given that record a good shake.

#1431417 - 22/08/2017 09:14 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: petethemoskeet]
Kino Online   content
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: petethemoskeet
Can anybody give me a reason why the BOM Charlottes pass AWS is no longer used.Remember the -23C recorded there on the 24th June 1994.I would say that some of the low temps we've seen this winter would have given that record a good shake.

A great question.

#1431472 - 22/08/2017 20:10 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Kino]
DerekHV Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Aberglasslyn (Maitland) NSW
Originally Posted By: petethemoskeet

A great question.

I agree, it means the overall Australian record will never be broken again. (as this was clearly the coldest weather station)
It could just be cost cutting, or logistical reasons.
A bit like how they have moved many weather stations to airports, that are clearly a fair way out of town.(this includes Maitland Airport in July last year, where the station was moved 10Ks to the airport)

Edited by DerekHV (22/08/2017 20:11)

#1431480 - 23/08/2017 08:12 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Teddy]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Blue Bay N.S.W
I think Bom ues a very simple over arching methodology these days regarding historical temperature data. All hot temps must be made colder. In order to enhance the notion that things are on the boil in the present. Look out for attempts to question veracity of Oodnadatta record.
The bureau won't be installing any aws in Australia from now on that would challenge the CP cold record. You can take that to the bank. The bom is now primarily a political agency not a scientific one in my opinion.

Edited by Knot (23/08/2017 08:17)

#1431481 - 23/08/2017 08:16 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Knot]
Kino Online   content
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: Knot
I think Bom ues a very simple over arching methodology these days regarding historical temperatur data. All cold temps must be made warmer and all hot temps must be made colder.
The bureau won't be installing any aws in Australia from now on that would challenge the CP cold record. You can take that to the bank. The bom is now primarily a political agency not a scientific one in my opinion.

Sad to say, but amen.

#1431517 - 23/08/2017 18:57 Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn [Re: Teddy]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Blue Bay N.S.W
@ Kino
hallelujah bro lol

MOD EDIT: Topic locked permanently. The discussion about Goulburn's minimum temperature has strayed too far into the Climate Change debate.

Edited by Seabreeze (23/08/2017 19:31)
Edit Reason: Topic locked

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
9 registered (wet sky, Steve777, Perfect Storm, J D, Dan101, Kino, Homer, Manly, 1 invisible), 283 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Evil Kitty, Jake, ka0tik_pengwin, Nullamanna WX, shaunandwendy, stormygirl
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465761 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image