Page 66 of 66 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66
Topic Options
#1497911 - Today at 13:31 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Ben K Online   content
Weather Freak

Loc: Central Coast, NSW
Third hottest ANZAC Day here so far. Hottest was 27.7°C in 2017 and second hottest was 27.0°C in 2002. Currently 26.9°C.

The wet March and dry April/May trend of the past few years seems to be repeating itself again this year.

Lest we Forget.

#1497912 - Today at 13:56 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 [Re: Ben K]
Steve777 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
A nice warm day in Sydney. It reached 26.7 at Sydney OH before the sea breeze arrived, just over 80° F in the old money. That would have been unusual at this time of year in the past. Sydney's West is now up around 28 with maybe a bit more to go. There's been no significant rain in 18 days.

It cools down after tomorrow, but soon bounces back. There's little or no rain on the coast with the change. The models are showing rain on the horizon, but where or how much is uncertain.

Edited by Steve777 (Today at 13:57)

#1497918 - Today at 14:57 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Wave Rider Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Nice pics Eddy.

I'm not quite sure what to make of current weather situation. Sunny morning with a few storm clouds having popped up. Currently there's a big layer of flat mid level cloud covering the much of the sky but it looks very dark like it could drop a storm right overhead. Hard to say what may happen but it's not the kind of sky I'm used to seeing before a storm but it certainly looks unstable to me.

The last few days have been interesting with marginal convection about on each day, all it takes is one little thing to change (like temp drop or rise in humidity) and you get a storm or heavy rain like the other night.

#1497920 - Today at 16:03 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
DerekHV Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Aberglasslyn (Maitland) NSW
Hot Anzac Day again this year, 29C, and into the last week of April.
No rain on the horizon either until probably May.

#1497926 - Today at 18:52 Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Steve777 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
Yes Eddy lovely Dawn and sunrise pictures.

At this time of year, temperature averages are about the same as late October into early November but the weather can be very different. The sea retains much of its Summer warmth while the land has cooled down, so the temperature gradient between land and sea is much lower.

So we don't get the heat spikes and cool or cold days of Spring. You can get a nice sunny day without the sea breeze practically blowing you over. A Southerly doesn't rush up the coast as soon as it gets a bit warm. And the wind can come from the East without smothering the coast in marine layer cloud. The weather will often get into a rut, in some years delivering long runs of warm, sunny weather as now, in others extended and sometimes intense rain events, and in others long runs of mild, showery weather.

It can be boring for weather affectionados but quite pleasant to experience.

As for the future, Access is predicting a widespread inland rain event in 8-10 days time, while GFS is predicting heavy rain mostly confined to the beach. I think that the first outcome is to be preferred but the weather will just do what it wants to do.

#1497927 - 15 minutes 2 seconds ago Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 [Re: Seabreeze]
Adaminaby Angler Online   content
Weather Freak

Loc: Anglers Reach NSW; 1,290 m AMS...
I sure hope the inland precipitation event comes off, as opposed to its coastal counterpart. Past week's been bloody boring as of late, with only a single proper weather event occuring—on the 22nd.

Snow falling above 1,500 m according to BOM in a few days time, so that's something in the meantime at least. Much to my misfortune, I'm only receiving cold rain with –1° / 8° C tomorrow. frown

Page 66 of 66 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66

Who's Online
8 registered (ashestoashes, crikey, Ben K, mysteriousbrad, LonnyDave, Adaminaby Angler, Aussea, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Darkside, deadgoon, Littlevic
Forum Stats
29914 Members
32 Forums
24132 Topics
1524098 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image